pearl jam mentioned in movie

pc_loadletterpc_loadletter Posts: 164
edited December 2007 in The Porch
....okay, so its a straight to dvd movie, and it's a sequel to a pretty bad film. it's in the first 5 minutes of "Return To House On Haunted Hill" when one of the characters says: "Pearl Jam's manager just called, they want to reschedule the interview". I thought it was pretty funny that they were mentioned out of nowhere in a no name movie.

It comes out on Tuesday.....just in case you wanted to waste $5 for the gratification of hearing it lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    $5 To go see a movie?
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I BrisK I wrote:
    $5 To go see a movie?

I think the dvd is $5. You can't see a movie here for less than $10.
  • Stepmom...damn movie made me cry.. but when Julie Roberts asks Susan Surandon if she can take the daughter to a Pearl Jam concert I said "hell ya" kewl ass bitches..
    Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I think the dvd is $5. You can't see a movie here for less than $10.

I see
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    $5 To go see a movie?

no..... read the whole post man!!! i put straight to dvd on there for a reasdon!! jk
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 138
    I just saw the movie called "The Lookout", pretty good by the way, and there is a part, almost at the end, where there is a shot of the protagonist's room and you can see that he has a Yield Tour poster on his wall. It was a pretty cool surprise!
    The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?

--To Pearl Jam: PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE!!

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    isn't there also a mention in the new die hard movie?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ashton kutcher, anyone?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    in the movie redline, one of the bandmates has a pearl jam surfboard tattoo on his arm. that was sweet.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • The movie 3:10 to Yuma has the number "10" in the title.
  • from the show "Weeds"

Andy Botwin:"...Now you might be thinking to yourself, "But, Uncle Andy, what do I do with all that pearl jam if I can't spew it into Mr. Sock?" Glad you asked... You can have a lovely time tugging the tiger in the shower each morning - that eliminates the need for a goo glove."
    drowning, drinking the light
    god's eyes are closed, just like yours
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    isn't there also a mention in the new die hard movie?

Yea- here's the mention in a nut shell:

Bruce Willis' sidekick is a modern day emo hacker. The kid complains that Willis still listens to CCR- and Willis mentions that CCR is Classic rock. The shithead kid says that it's 'Old rock' and that that doesn't mean it's classic. (At this point- if I were Bruce Willis- I would have taken out my gun and shot the kid in the leg for such blasphemy). The kid then goes over every decade and mentions a band from that decade to see if Willis has ever heard of that band. When the kid gets to the '90's- he says 'Pearl Jam?'- and Willis says 'No'- which at this point- if I were the whiny Emo kid, I would have taken Bruce's gun and shot Willis in the leg for such blasphemy.

Did I mention how much I hate EMO?
    Randall's Island 1996-09-29, Meadowlands 1998-09-08, MSG 1998-09-11, MSG 2003-07-08, MSG 2003-07-09, Hershey Stadium 2003-07-12, PNC Center 2003-07-14, Borgata 2005-10-01, Meadowlands 2006-06-01, Meadowlands 2006-06-03
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    the most notable mention I recall was in Sliver, early 90s Sharon Stone fodder but was a big release at the time. believe they were mentioned on two occasions in the context of the boyfriend(stephen baldwin) teasing her over her eccentiric music taste.
  • mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    the best was in lost and found when david spade tells sophie "...i'm gonna need that back, pearl jam is on the otherside"
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • mfc22 wrote:
    the best was in lost and found when david spade tells sophie "...i'm gonna need that back, pearl jam is on the otherside"

You took mine.

umm... there was this movie that came out in the early 90's that has a pj mention. I think it was called singles. The band in the movie looked a lot like eddie stone and jeff.

of course i was kidding
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    Clarrissa from the hit sit com "Clarrissa Explains It All" gets caught sneaking out to a Pearl Jam show in one episode.

Its an Early 90's Nickelodien sitcom. For all The Pearl Jam fans that are in the 17 - 22 age range. You should remember it.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Clarissa Explains it All was dank.......I only remember the crappy stalker boyfriend always putting his ladder up to the window to get some poon. But I dont remember any single episode......Damn I miss old Nick......nostalgia..
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    can't hardly wait....

....but she just got us tickets to pearl jam!?

or something to that effect.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    Clarissa Explains it All was dank.......I only remember the crappy stalker boyfriend always putting his ladder up to the window to get some poon. But I dont remember any single episode......Damn I miss old Nick......nostalgia..

Wasn't that kid friends with Cory Matthews, later in life. Topanga is friggin hot.
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    ahhh! good think i work in a movie store... i'll watch it tonight for free haha so i dont waste money to only be impressd by a pearl jam mention :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • ahhh! good think i work in a movie store... i'll watch it tonight for free haha so i dont waste money to only be impressd by a pearl jam mention :)

what video store??? tell me blockbuster. we can call each other for phony customer checks
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    I saw a movie here the other night that had a pj reference. Alicia Silverstone got tickets to see pearl jam from her dad. At least I think it was her.
    I will swallow poison
    Zack got some PJ tix on one episode of Saved By the Bell:College Years. If I remember right, he tried to play Kelly and the blonde dorm mate, and they ended up takin em.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Man PJ are everywhere.
    Last night I cracked open a Majic Hat and on the underneath of the cap was written "What could be better then a beer with Eddie Vedder".
    Has anyone else seen this or is Pearl Jam taking over my life?
  • Eri330Eri330 Posts: 17
    Niko80 wrote:
    I saw a movie here the other night that had a pj reference. Alicia Silverstone got tickets to see pearl jam from her dad. At least I think it was her.

The movie is called "Hideaway", a cheesy Dean Koontz novel and an even cheesier movie..although Alicia Silverstone was so hot!!
  • Eri330 wrote:
    The movie is called "Hideaway", a cheesy Dean Koontz novel and an even cheesier movie..although Alicia Silverstone was so hot!!

was?
    id still strum her 6 string any day.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    brady bunch movie........................

marcia is harder to get into than a pearl jam concert

house guest.................

sinbad lies to a whole school and tells them hes giving away pearl jam tickets................the school freaks out
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    ashton kutcher, anyone?
    Damn Ashton Kutcherson is a tool
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Was watching 90210 on the soap channel the other day: David and Claire were in some guys apartment looking at his vinyl collection, and the guy mentions Pearl Jam releases everything on vinyl.
    I know we've been to Ohio and I know we've never been to Toledo, and i know i've never smiled while wearing a speedo.
    ~E.V.
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    BinGnarly wrote:
    Clarrissa from the hit sit com "Clarrissa Explains It All" gets caught sneaking out to a Pearl Jam show in one episode.

Its an Early 90's Nickelodien sitcom. For all The Pearl Jam fans that are in the 17 - 22 age range. You should remember it.
    haha those were the days
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!