isn't it ironic?

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
that Fox News(sic) is the one pushing the new con buzzword 'agenda-driven media'??? wtf are they??? they flat out spread lies about kerry during the election! not to mention the million other examples...just funny to see who swallows it and repeats it as their mantra, altho it's not surprising
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It is ironic. Twice.
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    I love how only Fox News has an adgenda.

I bet you're really longing for the days of Dan Rather, eh? Nothing but good solid, unbiased, and truth-based journalism.

:: Sigh :: Those were the days...

- Dan
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    BUSH-lager wrote:

I bet you're really longing for the days of Dan Rather, eh? Nothing but good solid, unbiased, and truth-based journalism.

- Dan

Fox News is just such an easy target, because of their whole "Fair and Balanced" bullshit... and how they pass off their commentary and editorial shows as "News".

They are the perfect mouthpiece for this administration, because the act the same way. The will repeat lies and spin over and over again (even after disputing facts are uncovered). If they say it enough, it must be true...

I really don't think that the the other news channels are as politically biased... They are more biased towards sensationalism and the whole idea that blood and bad news sells. That is why so-called liberal news organizations ate the pre war intelligence up and repeated it like parrots... the idea of the mushroom cloud that the administration trumpeted was too tempting for the mainstream media to pass up. Same thing with that group of clowns from Miami... terrorism, death and scandal sell.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • FOX sucks COX!
    "The answers are fatal..."

"My lips are shakin'....

"And Love,...Wish the world would go again with Love
    One can't seem to have enough."

www.myspace.com/jenlovespearljam
    Fox News is just such an easy target, because of their whole "Fair and Balanced" bullshit... and how they pass off their commentary and editorial shows as "News".

They are the perfect mouthpiece for this administration, because the act the same way. The will repeat lies and spin over and over again (even after disputing facts are uncovered). If they say it enough, it must be true...

I really don't think that the the other news channels are as politically biased... They are more biased towards sensationalism and the whole idea that blood and bad news sells. That is why so-called liberal news organizations ate the pre war intelligence up and repeated it like parrots... the idea of the mushroom cloud that the administration trumpeted was too tempting for the mainstream media to pass up. Same thing with that group of clowns from Miami... terrorism, death and scandal sell.

They are no more an easy target than the NY Times would be on a conservative message board. If you only listen to like-minded people (i.e. the left to far left leaning members of this board), I can understand how you would have such an opinion.

But really, Fox News is no different than any other media outlet, at least the cable ones. Sure, it's not always a left vs. right thing. As you said, some just try and sell sensationalist stuff, but it's all rooted in the same theory.

Bottom line is, Fox News doesn't act any more or less outrageously than the NY Times, CNN, etc.

- Dan
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Bottom line is, Fox News doesn't act any more or less outrageously than the NY Times, CNN, etc.

- Dan
    While other comparisons may be viable, I'm going on record as saying that Fox News and the New York Times are not two sides of the same coin. One is a reputable news source and the other is Fox News.
    RainDog wrote:
    While other comparisons may be viable, I'm going on record as saying that Fox News and the New York Times are not two sides of the same coin. One is a reputable news source and the other is Fox News.

Here's one of those like-minded board members I was referring to now! ;)

- Dan
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Here's one of those like-minded board members I was referring to now! ;)

- Dan

lol, no kidding!

The left are all too biased to see it themselves.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • slambooieslambooie Posts: 11
    Both CNN ad Fox are here for one reason, it has nothing to do with "unbiased truthfullness." $

Fox is big because there is a large viewer base. People get what they want. They go where they feel comfortable. Same as moveon.org. No difference.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    BUSH-lager wrote:

- Dan

dan rather was a shill, ever since he first started out. or he at least showed his propensity to be one very early in his career when covering the kennedy assassination.

in 1963, he was some young-nobody news reporter from texas who got on tv and proclaimed that the zapruder film (before it was released publicly) clearly showed the fatal shot caused kennedy to move violently forward. of course, it is obvious to anyone with a brain and eyesight that that was not the case.

sorry.. that was a bit off topic
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    They are no more an easy target than the NY Times would be on a conservative message board. If you only listen to like-minded people (i.e. the left to far left leaning members of this board), I can understand how you would have such an opinion.

But really, Fox News is no different than any other media outlet, at least the cable ones. Sure, it's not always a left vs. right thing. As you said, some just try and sell sensationalist stuff, but it's all rooted in the same theory.

- Dan

i don't recall saying ONLY Fox News was like this...but still I don't think they are equals. can offer a valid comparison to something like Fox News constantly spreading the misinfo that Kerry said 'foreign leaders like him' even after the audio tape surfaced and clearly said "MORE leaders...<not FOREIGN>"??
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Its funny cause as an outsider looking in (Canadian TV is flooded with American news) the new I get from Canadian/British outlets is way different than FOX, CBC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, etc. I cannot bend my head how the media now in the United States is "liberal biased" are you freaking kidding me??? Just cause some outlets are questioning Bush and his policies/decisions. If that is liberal media then I obviously have mis-read the definition of liberal.

I just don't understand how media that are now questioning the Bush Admin. tactics is now liberal biased...finally some head-way gets made and instantly branded Liberal biased. I dunno makes no sense to me. Although fear mongering comes to mind.
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    El_Kabong wrote:
    that Fox News(sic) is the one pushing the new con buzzword 'agenda-driven media'??? wtf are they??? they flat out spread lies about kerry during the election! not to mention the million other examples...just funny to see who swallows it and repeats it as their mantra, altho it's not surprising

No different than their mantra of "activist judges". Those activist judges are OK if they pack the Supreme Court with them for THEIR beliefs. That is different. Somehow.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    How does Fox News audience share compare with CNN's?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    No different than their mantra of "activist judges". Those activist judges are OK if they pack the Supreme Court with them for THEIR beliefs. That is different. Somehow.

True, everyone claims 'activist judge', 'biased news', 'stolen election' when the results go against them. It's the whiny world we live in now where no one is willing to except other's beliefs and no one is willing to except that just maye they lost out...whether it be for a job, a sporting game, or a court decision....because they were wrong/or someone was better.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Its funny cause as an outsider looking in (Canadian TV is flooded with American news) the new I get from Canadian/British outlets is way different than FOX, CBC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, etc. I cannot bend my head how the media now in the United States is "liberal biased" are you freaking kidding me??? Just cause some outlets are questioning Bush and his policies/decisions. If that is liberal media then I obviously have mis-read the definition of liberal.

I just don't understand how media that are now questioning the Bush Admin. tactics is now liberal biased...finally some head-way gets made and instantly branded Liberal biased. I dunno makes no sense to me. Although fear mongering comes to mind.

I think it's funny that you immediately assume that American news is biased and not those other countries' new outlets. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    True, everyone claims 'activist judge', 'biased news', 'stolen election' when the results go against them. It's the whiny world we live in now where no one is willing to except other's beliefs and no one is willing to except that just maye they lost out...whether it be for a job, a sporting game, or a court decision....because they were wrong/or someone was better.

All i ask for is unbiased investigation...which is hard to come by these days...meaning if someone wants to investigate the Bush admin. in past ordeals and happens to dig up dirt that shows something fishy was occuring it should not be labelled Liberal or for that token an unbiased investigation that goes the other way should not be labelled Neo-con. But that is the problem so much extreme not enough in the middle...and deep down I feel that the extremes are getting farther and farther apart each day....
    All i ask for is unbiased investigation...which is hard to come by these days...meaning if someone wants to investigate the Bush admin. in past ordeals and happens to dig up dirt that shows something fishy was occuring it should not be labelled Liberal or for that token an unbiased investigation that goes the other way should not be labelled Neo-con. But that is the problem so much extreme not enough in the middle...and deep down I feel that the extremes are getting farther and farther apart each day....

Yep, I know what you are saying. Hopefully the shift from the heated political climate in America today will result ultimately closer to the middle and not just continue to swing farther to the right or way back to the left...well, that's my hope anyhow.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I think it's funny that you immediately assume that American news is biased and not those other countries' new outlets. ;)

No I find American media is very introverted...which all media somewhat is when examinign there country but I believe American media fails to look outside the box as other media from around the world (but this does not imply it as stupid or all-right lies just cultural differences...like I have said many times before no one IMHO can be moer patriotic to their country than an American)....when i watch CBC and then watch BBC and then tune into CNN and I watch all stories covered...more questions are being asked from the the first two outlets compared to the last....lets say more detailed investigations are being completed IMHO....
    No I find American media is very introverted...which all media somewhat is when examinign there country but I believe American media fails to look outside the box....when i watch CBC and then watch BBC and then tune into CNN and I watch all stories covered...more questions are being asked from the the first two outlets compared to the last....lets say more detailed investigations are being completed IMHO....

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and I haven't watched very much news on TV for a while now.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yep, I know what you are saying. Hopefully the shift from the heated political climate in America today will result ultimately closer to the middle and not just continue to swing farther to the right or way back to the left...well, that's my hope anyhow.

I think people who have fell into these extremist views actually share more in common than what they think...being against the war shoudl not label you as a crazy Liberal....wanting to find other ways to prevent global warming beyond the Kyoto accord should not label you as an environememt hating neo-con.

In the past 5 years the gaps have been caused between large issues and then most people (left and right) suddenly fall into a niche and get carried away by all the nonsense that follows. We are failing to see that we have lots in common with the other extreme although nothing productive gets done because we are to busy tar and feathering the other side for the "big" issue....we can get more done as a society if we look each other in the eye accept we see the world different and get to work on many issues that have been sadly pushed to the side...debt, environment (beyond Kyoto), financial crime, improving healthcare, security....sorry just ranting today...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    El_Kabong wrote:

so what is the new Con buzzword, I don't watch Fox News?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    so what is the new Con buzzword, I don't watch Fox News?

agenda driven media...it's been thrown around here a bit lately
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    RainDog wrote:
    New York Times are not two sides of the same coin. One is a reputable news source and the other is Fox News.

thats funny eventho it wasnt meant to be

NY Times is far from being reputable...if anything they are a threat to national security, but we arent going to get into that

to each their own tho
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    El_Kabong wrote:

it's like rain, on a rainy day.