Options

the tel rumedia project

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.telrumeidaproject.org/

lots of pics and videos of israeli aggression in occupied territories, even actions that violate Israeli high court decisions
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    from the 'settler quotes' section:

RABBI DOV LIOR
    CHIEF RABBI AT KIRYAT ARBA
    "In the course of battle the IDF is allowed to hurt an ostensibly innocent civilian population."
    He also maintains that "there is no reason to feel guilty because of the morality of infidels."
    JPost.com Staff, The Jerusalem Post, May 24, 2004.

RABBI SHIMON, teaches the Torah at the Seminary in Hebron
    After shooting live bullets with a few other settlers into a crowd of Palestinians-some of whom were throwing stones-injuring three Palestinians
    “Unfortunately, the army is taking us to court instead of giving us medals and appreciation.”

settler boys, ages 8-11, sang the following song in a van on their way to school
    “All the world hates the Arabs
    And the main thing is to kill them one by one”
    …With these feet I stepped on my enemy
    With these teeth I bit his skin
    With these lips I sucked his blood
    And I still haven’t had enough revenge”

7 settler boys, ages 8-11, sang the following song as they walked by Beit Hadassah settlement
    Ami Popper put on his army uniform and asked men waiting at a bus stop for their ID cards. After
    confirming they were Palestinians he lined them up and opened fire, killing seven.
    “Ami Popper, we all love you!
    There’s no one like you in the world”

HEMI, a blonde settler boy about 12-14 years old
    “He [Baruch Goldstein] did a good thing. It’s just a pity they murdered him. They’re not just Arabs, they’re murderers.”
    Peled: Tell me, Hemi, if you had been around that morning and you’d seen Baruch Goldstein about to do it, would you have tried to stop him?
    “No, I’d have tried to help him if I could.”

Young settler boy, dark hair, age 7-8
    “My teacher said that his [Baruch Goldstein] was a good deed. We’re just sorry he died”
    Peled: You’re not sorry for the dead Arabs?
    “No.”

5 settler boys, ages 8-11, yelled the following at a Palestinian as they walked into market
    “Look – a monkey in a cage!”

Settler boy, 9-10 years old, blonde said
    “They want to kill us. Not like us, we only want to kick them out. They can live, just not here.
    It is in their nature to kill and in our nature to live…”
    Peled: Do you know any Arabs personally?
    “No”
    Peled: You never talk to Arabs?
    “I don’t speak to Arabs”

Settler boy, 9-10 years old, dark hair (son of Anat Cohen)
    “There are no good Arabs; they’re born liars! We were born compassionate, they are cruel by nature, born
    to kill.”

“If an Arab attacks me, or is planning to harm me, or is thinking something about me that I don’t want him
    to think, I’ll kill him. I’ll kill him because I know he can’t be a blameless, innocent citizen. I’m only killing an
    Arab, just an Arab. He wants to kill me and I’m the ruler here.”

NOAM FEDERMAN
    AVRAHAM AVINU SETTLEMENT
    “I think the government should put bombs in hospitals but unfortunately the government doesn't do it, so it is up to the people to do those things.”
    Suzanne Goldenberg, “Israel thwarts Jewish bomb attack on school,” The Guardian, May 13, 2002.

NOAM AND ELISHEVA FEDERMAN
    AVRAHAM AVINU SETTLEMENT
    Noam Federman and his wife tell [reporter Haim Yavin] on camera that an ultimatum has to be presented to the Arab residents of Hebron: Either they leave the country immediately, or the Israel Air Force will bomb their homes.
    Tom Segev, “Our man in the territories,” Ha’aretz, May 27, 2005

BARUCH MARZEL
    TEL RUMEIDA SETTLEMENT
    "It is only a matter of time until there is war between the Jews and Arabs, and it will start from here
    [Hebron]."

"The Arabs have to understand this is a Jewish state, and they have got to leave. Peacefully if they want; if not, we will make them. Just let me rule Hebron for 24 hours, and they would leave. If they strike at me, I will hit back five times harder. The only solution is to be stronger than they are."
    Johanna Mcgeary, “Over Their Dead Bodies: Hebron's Immovable Jewish Settlers Are Living Land Mines In The Tangled Peace Process,” TIME Magazine, November 4, 1996

AVISHAI RAVIV
    KIRYAT ARBA
    "I came here to identify with the man. I am not sorry that Arabs died, I think many more should die."
    HERB KEINON, “300 attend service for Baruch Goldstein,” Jerusalem Post, 2/17/1995

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/israel/view/
    The following quotes are taken from the following documentary: Dan Setton, “Israel’s Next War,”
    FRONTLINE, PBS, 2005. All the individuals were filmed and identified on camera saying the quotes that
    are attributed to them.

SHMUEL BEN YISHAI
    [through interpreter] There are certain conditions, according to Jewish law, under which non-Jews may live here. This doesn't apply to the Arabs. They don't fit the category. They have to get the hell out. Whoever leaves under his own steam will save his own life. Whoever doesn't, will have to pay the price. This is the land of Israel.

NOAM FEDERMAN
    AVRAHAM AVINU SETTLEMENT
    [through interpreter] “Revenge is an important value. The Talmud says that it is one of the greatest things.
    Revenge is great.”

“We basically explain the Arab problem as Rabbi Kahane saw it… We say this country should be a Jewish country, with all of the far-reaching implications.”

The following quotes are taken from the following documentary: Documentary: Micha X Peled, “Inside God’s Bunker,” 1994. All the individuals were filmed and identified on camera saying the quotes that are attributed to them

UNIDENTIFIED HEBRON SETTLER, FACE SHOWN
    While driving through Hebron at night, he describes how Hebron settlers destroy Palestinian cars at
    night
    “Cars are the classic targets. You can cause 15,000 shekels worth of damage just like that. It takes very
    little effort. And if you weren’t filming... We’ve got the technical know-how. We’re trained and equipped –
    each vehicle has the necessary gear. Knives to cut what needs to be cut. Petrol and matches, whatever
    we need. Contact Glue…
    Peled: Why contact glue?
    “Contact glue and petrol works like napalm. It flares up and never stops.”
    Peled: You throw this on a car, or what?
    “Yes. You use a knife to cut the rubber around the windscreen. It falls inside. You throw the mixture on the dashboard, light a match, say a prayer and that’s that.”
    Peled: You do it as a response to an assault against you?
    “Not necessarily. The enemy must be kept down at all times. It’s just that we need more time and more people to do it.”
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way