Options

~Images~

2»

Comments

• Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Scubascott wrote:
    By the way, have the colours in that boat image been altered?

A little bit; i had trouble scanning that pic in, the colors turned out way to blue. So I did put a bit more red and yellow in there.
    The blue was kind of real. I think it has to do with scanning a positive film and the colors of this Velvia film are really bright. Also it was evening, so colors are different then.

Thanks for liking the landscapes...!!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    btw probably used a polarization filter then too...and flashed the front boat a bit.
  • Options
    Hiya!

I made a short Stop Motion Film for the 10c avocado contest. You can watch it on my website:

http:reducetosilence.blogspot.com

It was the first time ever that I made such a thing...hope you like it! Let me know what you think of it, please.
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Thanks for being so complimentary!!! :D
    If you have any you like less I would want to hear also..its all a learning process!

Great photography! Do you have a flickr by any chance? I'd add you as a contact if you do.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    blue_rain wrote:
    Great photography! Do you have a flickr by any chance? I'd add you as a contact if you do.

Thank you so much Blue Rain!

No, dont have flickr...I only have one site and thats the blogger one you've watched.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    So dan! Kushi dat zijn verdomd mooie plaatjes die je hebt geschoten!! Mijn complimenten.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    So dan! Kushi dat zijn verdomd mooie plaatjes die je hebt geschoten!! Mijn complimenten.

Merci Beaucoup Obi!! And what did you think of the 'Inside Job' animation??

I really need to buy a new digital camera so I can shoot some more...and I need to do some travelling again as well :D
  • Options
    and I need to do some travelling again as well :D

Me too! I'm itching to travel again. I liked your avocado animation by the way. It was maybe a little too jerky for me though. Did you use a tripod for your camera?
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    Merci Beaucoup Obi!! And what did you think of the 'Inside Job' animation??

I really need to buy a new digital camera so I can shoot some more...and I need to do some travelling again as well :D
    I'm just getting to using everything my digi cam does since I got a tripod (statief) for it. It's so easy if you're used to an analogue camera.. On travelling, no need to tell me.. Priority 1 = graduation, 2 = travel!

(I also replied in the inside job thread)
  • Options
    most of all i like portraits on the beginning of the thread!
    landscapes are beautiful too, but mother nature helps us a lot with them, right? :) you've been to some incredible places, too.
    it's visible that you're into art, because your composition, colors and how you arrange different plains of the picture (i'm not sure how the last is said in english, hope i made it right) is really good.
  • Options
    Scubascott wrote:
    Me too! I'm itching to travel again. I liked your avocado animation by the way. It was maybe a little too jerky for me though. Did you use a tripod for your camera?

Yeah lets all go travel...you can stay in my place and I will stay in yours...how about hee, a home swap? hehe :D

What does jerky mean Scuba?..I am Dutch..If you mean rough...I know...I made them with an analog camera so had to scan in all the films aggrrr...and also had to change films during the burning. I should have filmed myself it was crazy! I actually burned four avocados before getting it right..haha :)

So in the end I only had 143 originals to make the film with. Oh, well practice makes perfect.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    I'm just getting to using everything my digi cam does since I got a tripod (statief) for it. It's so easy if you're used to an analogue camera.. On travelling, no need to tell me.. Priority 1 = graduation, 2 = travel!

(I also replied in the inside job thread)

I actually used a tripod too..but its a cheap one for digital cameras and I have a very heavy body. I am just gonna buy a simple digital one bc I love my analog camera and love SLIDE-film!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I believe I have the same priorities Obi :D
  • Options
    I actually used a tripod too..but its a cheap one for digital cameras and I have a very heavy body. I am just gonna buy a simple digital one bc I love my analog camera and love SLIDE-film!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I believe I have the same priorities Obi :D

I meant that my camera has a very heavy body....LMFAO!
  • Options
    mambida wrote:
    most of all i like portraits on the beginning of the thread!
    landscapes are beautiful too, but mother nature helps us a lot with them, right? :) you've been to some incredible places, too.
    it's visible that you're into art, because your composition, colors and how you arrange different plains of the picture (i'm not sure how the last is said in english, hope i made it right) is really good.

Thanks! Well, most are from one trip to Peru, Bolivia and Chile. I stayed in Peru for 12 weeks to do research for my study. And people really got to know me and so it made it much easier to make good pics of them. And the landscape is gorgeous there...especially around the Salt-flats area in Southern Bolivia! DROP DEAD GORGEOUS place,..if you ever are planning on travelling to the neighbourhood..go there! Mother Earth absolutely rules there in a bizarre way...its like Dali's landscape.

And I did study art..I am a highschool teacher in art. But not at all a professional in photography.
  • Options
    I meant that my camera has a very heavy body....LMFAO!
    literally lol! :D

Analogue black and white is what I really like, but it takes me around 6 hours from development of the film to the final print. Digital ones I upload to a store and pick 'm up 2 days later...

What program did you use to make the movie?
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    literally lol! :D

Analogue black and white is what I really like, but it takes me around 6 hours from development of the film to the final print. Digital ones I upload to a store and pick 'm up 2 days later...

What program did you use to make the movie?

I first tried to download Adobe premiere trial version for ages..and when i was ready to throw my comp through the window I saw that there I already had a similar programm ready to use. Its called Windows Moviemaker and apparantly it comes with windows or something. It was quite easy to use.

Hee see you in Nijmegen too?
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    They're all great pics, but i really like the 'Mindscapes' ones best.
  • Options
    chris01 wrote:
    They're all great pics, but i really like the 'Mindscapes' ones best.

Thank you very much! Those were made in a non-traditional manner... Cant give away the method though...Top-secret ;)

I guess not everybody likes them as they are more abstract. So I am very glad you do!

Hasta la pasta.
  • Options
    I first tried to download Adobe premiere trial version for ages..and when i was ready to throw my comp through the window I saw that there I already had a similar programm ready to use. Its called Windows Moviemaker and apparantly it comes with windows or something. It was quite easy to use.

Hee see you in Nijmegen too?
    Alright I will have to check it out. I worked with Premiere in 2002 and doubt it's easy to use for stop film pictures.

Nijmegen? Uhmm .... hmmm ... Oooohh Pearl Jam in the Park! You betcha! You got 10C tix?
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    Alright I will have to check it out. I worked with Premiere in 2002 and doubt it's easy to use for stop film pictures.

Nijmegen? Uhmm .... hmmm ... Oooohh Pearl Jam in the Park! You betcha! You got 10C tix?

Yup Yup Yup....hehe happy lady here!!!!

Really need to be in front with a new digital camera!!
  • Options
    Just a few more weeks and I will have a new digital camera and some new stuff to show you guys...yeeeh :)
  • Options
    Yup Yup Yup....hehe happy lady here!!!!

Really need to be in front with a new digital camera!!
    Congrats on the 10C tix... I havent got any, but will have a great time none the less.

I'm still in doubt to what show I will bring mine, it's not one of those tiny things, but with a 10 x optical zoom lenses. I think I will go completely nuts in D'Dorf and take it a bit easier in Nijmegen and bring my good camera.

I made some scenery shots on my trip to France, shall I share them here?