Options

filters and software

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited January 2005 in The Art Wall
what are some good filters and software? I'm just a beginner and would like to know what i can do to enhance my pics. I have a UV filter but haven't played around with it much yet.

thanks
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    are you using a 35mm SLR type camera, or a digital.....or an slr/digital?

Software: I use a program called Paint Shop Pro. It's pretty easy to use, cheap, and it's similar to Adobe Photoshop (the industry standard).

Filters: http://www.tiffen.com/camera_filters.htm , http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i have a digital, n olympus c4000 zoom. It came with 3 filters UV, Polarizing (P.L) and a Fluorescent (F-DL)

I haven't really played with them so i don't know what difference my pics would have with one or more being used.

thanks for the info
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    i honestly don't know much about digital cameras, i am only really getting into them now myself. a UV filter doesn't really *do* anything for your pics....i never really used filters for colorwork, only b&w. i love, love, love a red filter....makes for amazing skies with b&w, really pumps up the contrast.

sennin has listed some excellent resources, i plan on reading into it more myself. :)
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Yes, I too could do with help on using digi cameras, i want to get all my work photo'd properly so i can pimp myself out there!
    a "friend" just gave me adobe photoshop 8 but i dont no what to do ??????

lets tryn help each other out here?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!