Comments

• Neat-o.. Thats a really cool place
    "If it weren't from the buzzcocks who knows we might sound like umm. Good Charlotte or something that sound like. oh they're good its just sounds like well it taste like a popcicle thats been stuck up someones ass but thats my opinion. Some people are in to that. who am i to say?" Eddie Vedder
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow, dreamn!

Bobby - my hubby - loves old homes like that.

If we were house hunting and he saw one of those houses, he'd buy it.

Hell, he bought this house that needed a lot of fixtures - "it has character" is how he put it.

Yeah... if we had a lot of money! :rolleyes:

heh.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • IamMINE wrote:
    Wow, dreamn!

Bobby - my hubby - loves old homes like that.

If we were house hunting and he saw one of those houses, he'd buy it.

Hell, he bought this house that needed a lot of fixtures - "it has character" is how he put it.

Yeah... if we had a lot of money! :rolleyes:

heh.

hehehe...well, that house isn't for sale. it is a historic place on musuem grounds - called the dewey house...going to be made into a museum itself, someday anyway. the landscape is from the grounds of the nassau county museum of art - the former frick estate - a long island gold coast mansion. of course the last pic is from nyc - the bar where most of our jammer meet-ups always seem to end. ;) hehe.

thanks for the kind words both of you. :)

btw IAmMine - our own house has lots of *character*. :rolleyes: built in 1922. done a lot of work to it and i love it. it will never be *perfect*...not with our incomes anyway....hahaha....but is beautiful to me anyway.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    btw IAmMine - our own house has lots of *character*. :rolleyes: built in 1922. done a lot of work to it and i love it. it will never be *perfect*...not with our incomes anyway....hahaha....but is beautiful to me anyway.

Hahaha, so you know what I'm talking about!!!

This house was built in 1952...by a navy engineer! Ugh.. don't even ask what he did to this house!!

Everything is custom made, I tell you.

Even the switchboard is custom made...Home Depot folks were laughing at me when I asked if they had a replacement and they said they had never seen anything like it before.

Found out I had to special order them from California for 20 bucks APIECE!!

Why? Cuz it's a touchpad with electric wires attached to the buttons. :eyerolls:

If you dare to ask what else, I'll type forever.

But seeing you have a good taste, I bet you did GREAT with your house! I, on the other hand, have a bland taste. psh.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Cool pics dream! :D
  • Cool dreamn. Lovely house indeed. But the last pic is by far my fav. I love blurry stuff that gives away a great atmosphere :D
  • pearlwax - posted just for you. ;) i don't share too much......lol.
    quote]

(since there's no edit feature here)

I'm honored btw, and do keep sharing.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    what no nudie pics? darn!
    one of the black fat pussycat tho...

still nice pics dreamnbaby! i love the one with the lake, great colours!

i was in the dunes today, im sure u'll love those! if i ever get a digi camera i'll sent u some asap
    your light's reflected now
  • nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    Great pics. Thanks for sharing!
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I nearly choked when I saw the bar! I showed Greg, and said "That's where we had that meetup!" He didn't recognize it, but I was sure. Fun stuff!

The photo of the lake is truly beautiful! I wish I had stuff like that near to me in FL.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • 13PJ13 wrote:
    I nearly choked when I saw the bar! I showed Greg, and said "That's where we had that meetup!" He didn't recognize it, but I was sure. Fun stuff!

The photo of the lake is truly beautiful! I wish I had stuff like that near to me in FL.

hahaha - i know. for how many times we've ended up there...and just about every meet-up we have seems to at least end there.....i said, bout time i snapped a pic of the place. :D:D:D good times all - and really starting to love that place. you'll have to make your way back up to NY again sometime.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    those are very nice pictures!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    wow dreamn! those pix are so..you! totally your unique style..beautiful aesthetics(sp?)! you have this great eye for hidden beauty!

i looooove the house!! and the lake..so peaceful....awesome!!!
  • I'd like to build and big home like that....not like the ones they are building today with the compressed wood....
    So set up The Ten Pins
    As the human tide rolls in
    Like a ball that spinning
    Bombs dropping down
    Overhead on the ground
    It's instilled
    To wanna live
    Bombs dropping down
    Please forgive my hometown
    In our Insignificance
  • Squirrel wrote:
    wow dreamn! those pix are so..you! totally your unique style..beautiful aesthetics(sp?)! you have this great eye for hidden beauty!

i looooove the house!! and the lake..so peaceful....awesome!!!

hehe...me??? :p

thanks all for the comments....:)

btw nut...the last pic in ny c...you have to make your way over sometime...that's where all the jammers end up drinking. ha.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337

btw nut...the last pic in ny c...you have to make your way over sometime...that's where all the jammers end up drinking. ha.

i'd loooove to! and it's gonna happen...at some point the next 2 years...i've made up my mind!! and i can be stubborn *lol*
  • Squirrel wrote:
    i'd loooove to! and it's gonna happen...at some point the next 2 years...i've made up my mind!! and i can be stubborn *lol*

well hopefully we shall meet next fall...somewhere in europe.....but i would absolutely love to meet up with you in nyc someday as well. all good things to hope and dream about...and always wish for, and work to make them all happen.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    ooo, nice.

That house give me the chills a little.....
  • sennin wrote:
    ooo, nice.

That house give me the chills a little.....

hehe....it is a little spoooooky. been lying empty for many year - quite sad really. wish they'd finally finish it's restoration.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    posting some new stuff, just taken today...hope this works.......;)

leaves.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

:cool:.....it does.........more...

rhodie.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

the rest...

stem.jpg

sedum.jpg

rhodflwr.jpg

lighthosta.jpg

leafcurl.jpg

leaf.jpg

insidehosta.jpg

hairystem.jpg

fish.jpg

howard.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    those are great, dreamn!!!

your pictures are always brilliant!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    nice!!!

That camera must have a nice macro lens
    sennin wrote:
    nice!!!

That camera must have a nice macro lens

yes - it does. :cool:
    i soooooo :heart:: my new camera......and i haven't even learned how to use all it's nifty features just yet!!! :p

buru...:o.....thank you m'dear.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246

leafcurl.jpg

That one's really good. Nature going all abstract on you.
    pearlwax wrote:
    That one's really good. Nature going all abstract on you.

gracias mi amigo. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    Wow. These are great. You could be a DP for a film. Or a location scout, for that matter.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
    Proteus wrote:
    Wow. These are great. You could be a DP for a film. Or a location scout, for that matter.

hehe...well thanks. :o if prague doesn't pan out into a new, rewarding career direction for me, i'll keep that in mind. got any connections??? ;) guess there are many things i could do with my degrees.....just have to find what. BFA in art education, MA in photography......just more time to explore the world and my options, find a new direction. :)

both sound very cool though. :cool: hmmmmm....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    hehe...well thanks. :o if prague doesn't pan out into a new, rewarding career direction for me, i'll keep that in mind. got any connections??? ;) guess there are many things i could do with my degrees.....just have to find what. BFA in art education, MA in photography......just more time to explore the world and my options, find a new direction. :)

both sound very cool though. :cool: hmmmmm....

Really nice dreamn.
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009