what happened to rock around barack?

gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
edited February 2008 in The Porch
i dont see it anywhere on the site...not in the news section, stickys gone also?

what happened?
This post is © by gfraser
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the point was made. they are backing barack, so it was pulled. that, and it was noise pollution. if you didnt hear it, you dont want to.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    the point was made. they are backing barack, so it was pulled. that, and it was noise pollution. if you didnt hear it, you dont want to.

is it that bad? must be if it was pulled down. lol i heard about it but never actually heard it.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • The song is not that bad, in fact it's quite a solid little rendition of Rock Around the Clock only they have used the word Barack instead of rock. People around here need to chill out, the song was'nt meant to garner any critical acclaim, just the boys messing around and making a statement. No wonder Maslow thought only a small amount of people would ever become self actualised, people just fail to see the big picture!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    No one 'failed to get the big picture' about it. maybe it was thrown away. It got more negative attention than anything. When the names mccready, ament and gossard appear on a track, you expect it to be more interesting.
  • robbierobbie Posts: 880
    I have a theory with absolutely nothing to back it up.....

remember when the website had the canadian national anthem?
    followed by a Canadian tour.

then the website had Georgie girl.....
    then they played the gorge in George

everyone was waiting for the new music to come up on the website for another clue as to whee the band would play next...

that is what rock around barack sounded like to me.... not exactly a bird dropping hints, but there were rumors about PJ playing the DNC in Denver right?
  • this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    robbie wrote:
    I have a theory with absolutely nothing to back it up.....

remember when the website had the canadian national anthem?
    followed by a Canadian tour.

then the website had Georgie girl.....
    then they played the gorge in George

everyone was waiting for the new music to come up on the website for another clue as to whee the band would play next...

that is what rock around barack sounded like to me.... not exactly a bird dropping hints, but there were rumors about PJ playing the DNC in Denver right?

clever...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    The song is not that bad, in fact it's quite a solid little rendition of Rock Around the Clock only they have used the word Barack instead of rock. People around here need to chill out, the song was'nt meant to garner any critical acclaim, just the boys messing around and making a statement. No wonder Maslow thought only a small amount of people would ever become self actualised, people just fail to see the big picture!
    very well said!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    It was soo bad that it committed suicide to put itself and us out of our misery :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    distantsun wrote:

Is that what you would call humiliation? ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org