Options

Black tags.

askiaski Posts: 26
edited April 2008 in The Porch
hi all!

i've recently fallin' in love with all the different tags (improvs/covers) Ed sings at the end of the song Black.

i attended the Copenhagen 2007 show (my first btw) and he sang a lovely tag about "Look at all the beautiful people... beautiful people"

if i don't remember wrong, he also sang this particular improv (or cover?) during another show.

am i right?
I want people to stay still for a while and let something they have no power over wash over them, gladly, and be a little better for it. - Jeff Buckley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    Camden '06 night 2
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    thanks a lot guys! :)
    I want people to stay still for a while and let something they have no power over wash over them, gladly, and be a little better for it. - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    Black is such a beautiful piece of music. Timeless. And the way it has evolved over the years, with Mike's incredible guitar solos, and now all the emotional tags.

originally probably written about a girl Ed knew, now it sounds more and more about the relationship he had with Beth ("maybe we don't belong together... so for the better... pain, pain go away" - the Scheesel 24.06.07 tag) You can also hear similar tags in Rearviewmirror from the last tours ("I will forgive..." - also from Scheesel)

no matter who Ed is thinking about, all the different tags are what makes this song so powerful, and it only builds to the mystery (and "beautiful sadness")of who the person(s) is/are Ed is singing about.