Options

Listen To This Band

cassiecassie Posts: 18
edited May 2006 in Other Music
ok everone out there i know you all have at least half a brain coz u love pearl jam lol!

so i want you all to get on the wolfmother bandwagon. their an aussie act and are HUGE over here!!

theyve been playing heaps of shows in the UK and USA, so if you wanna see a fab act, see these guys!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Is there anywhere online to sample some songs or anything?
  • Options
    umm i dont really know im sure you could jsut download some of their stuff tehir album is self titled, you might be able to get 'minds eye' or 'white unicorn' but their worth the effort :)
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i've heard about them.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I bought their album on E-Bay 2 months ago...had it shipped from AU. rocking stuff...plus it's engineered by Dave Sardy. Those of you who know, know. :)
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    two words about Wolfmother.

hair. metal.

that's maybe a little harsh, but I listened to their disc the other day after hearing about it, and they are treading mighty close to that sound. Not anything particularly wrong with that I suppose, but not something that I can take seriously.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    jhawk98 wrote:
    two words about Wolfmother.

hair. metal.

that's maybe a little harsh, but I listened to their disc the other day after hearing about it, and they are treading mighty close to that sound. Not anything particularly wrong with that I suppose, but not something that I can take seriously.

ill agree there is a clear similarity between the big hair bands of the 70s and 80s, but i dunno alot of people criticise them 4 ripping off zeppelin and stuff but i see it more as inspiration rather than utter copying of their stuff

but hey each to their own ;)
  • Options
    they are not too bad, saw them a few months ago when the came to town, they took a bit to grow on me, cant say id buy their album but they were worth seeing
  • Options
    howetzermanhowetzerman Posts: 48
    thats funny because i was actually goin to post them to see if anyone has heard them. this band would actually be a great opener for pj!!! dont u think??
    "He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share,
    His key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere" GTF

04/03/08 - I was There
  • Options
    yeah that would be awesome if they could open the show! it wouldnt happen down her in aus tho coz their already doing their national tour in july and august but for their overseas shows it would be reat for them to get some publicity!
    does anyone know about any of the support acts the boys have been using in their shows overseas?
    there are a couple of aussie acts which could be good
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    I definitely feel a little Zepplin influence, also feels like I am listening to the Dazed and Confused soundtrack.

I might get into this.