Options

Screaming Trees/ Mark Lanegan fans?

JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Any fans of the Trees or Lanegan ? just curious as I'm a fan.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mike BradyMike Brady Posts: 19
    Mike Brady Here,

Dust is amazing. Only own Dust and Sweet Oblivion. Anything else worth pickin' up?

Peace
  • Options
    Mike Brady wrote:
    Mike Brady Here,

Dust is amazing. Only own Dust and Sweet Oblivion. Anything else worth pickin' up?

Peace

absolutely. uncle anesthesia is a very good album, definitely worth picking up. sst years: 1985-1989 is a good album too, if you're not interested in getting all of their early albums because it sums them up and there are some pretty solid tunes on it.

screaming trees is probably one of my favorite bands. i adore the sound of mark lanegan's voice and have even gotten some of my friends into his work, just because of his voice. it has a certain sexiness and power to it; he is a wonderful musician. barrett martin is also a fantastic drummer. so you can consider me a fan, too :D
    that's faarkokte.
  • Options
    Uncle Anesthesia from 90 . Also on SST records look for Buzz Factory. Also terrific is new comp. Oceans of Confusion (epic,legacy) nice sound B sides and 2 unreleased gems, Solid collection. Also Lanegan's THE WINDING SHEET. Kurt Cobain is on two tracks.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I highly recommend Mark Lanegan's solo album "Whiskey for the Holy Ghost" is one of the best. Great songs. I think it's 1994 or so.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    RIGHT ON! Also Lanegan's Field Songs, Bubblegum and let's not forget Songs for the Deaf. Lanegan makes that disc truly special!
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    WTF you talking about Uncle Anesthesia is by far their worst album - it's not good anyway.

The only ones I listen to are Dust, Sweet Oblivion and Invisible Lantern (managed to get a cope from Japan of all places.)

Ye his solo stuff is really cool although you gotta be in the kinda mood which really wants to listen to and get lost in his voice - I like Carnival.
  • Options
    JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    Never owned any albums but love nearly lost you off the singles sdtk and his work on the mad season album.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    pick their earliest stuff. Fucked up as hell !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    You are in for one hell of a treat my friend. Good to remind me of Mad Season, Great songs Lanegan sings with Layne. I loved Alice in Chains as well as the trees.
  • Options
    the brothers Van Conners rocked their ass out.
    I really enjoy Buzz Factory.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    With all due respect, Uncle A. is a grower. Give it another chance. TRIVIA: Chris Cornell co produced it.
  • Options
    Uncle Anesthesia has some good tunes !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    Valis is a hard rocking band too. With 1 Van Conner brother + Dan Peters of Mudhoney + Kurt Danielson of TAD. Totally kick Mad Season's ass !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    JOHNNY VS. wrote:
    With all due respect, Uncle A. is a grower. Give it another chance. TRIVIA: Chris Cornell co produced it.

i agree, i like this album...
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    huge fan of screaming trees and a fan of mark. i met mark and i have to say he's the most down to earth guy in the biz...i think he was on blow though when i was talking to him.
  • Options
    pegmatitepegmatite Posts: 31
    quasi wrote:
    I highly recommend Mark Lanegan's solo album "Whiskey for the Holy Ghost" is one of the best. Great songs. I think it's 1994 or so.
    Great fucken album! "pendulum" and "Carnival" are friggin classics!

pegmatiteman
    This is how I feel...
  • Options
    huge fan of screaming trees and a fan of mark. i met mark and i have to say he's the most down to earth guy in the biz...i think he was on blow though when i was talking to him.

lol ! well, it depends what year you met him. My brother met him in London and he seemed like he really didnt care. My bro told him "hey, I'm from Argentina blah blah blah " he answered with a cold "oh cool". He even didnt stop to take a picture.
    whatever.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    mark arm wrote:
    lol ! well, it depends what year you met him. My brother met him in London and he seemed like he really didnt care. My bro told him "hey, I'm from Argentina blah blah blah " he answered with a cold "oh cool". He even didnt stop to take a picture.
    whatever.

really??? i met him 2004 in san diego before one of his shows, we talked for literally an hour until his manager yelled at him and told him to "get the fuck in here, we gotta do soundcheck!"

sorry to hear he was a jerk in london -- my guess is that drugs may have a bit of an impact on the way he acts :)
  • Options
    probably, maybe he had a bad day.
    he still kick ass though !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    trees are uber
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Yeah, Lanegan's pimpin!
    Have all his solo stuff, from Winding Sheet throught to Ballad of the Broken Seas, and Screaming Trees' Dust, and their two greatest hits (SST and Oceans of Confusion). He has the greatest voice known to man - up there with Tom Waits in the 'this man has seen and smoked it all' styleeee.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I love these comments folks. The Trees are truly special to me and I'm glad I saw Mark With QOTSA 3 times in T.O. Twice Kool Haus and once openong for Chili Peppers. Check out Buzz Factory on SST from 89 if ya can find it Cobain loved Mark and his band.......
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I love Mark's solo stuff. Not so keen on Screaming Trees but I have a feeling they will grow on me :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Screaming Trees are fab!!

Check out:
    Who Lies In Darkness
    Alice Said
    Shadow Of The Season
    Nearly Lost You
    Dollar Bill
    Sworn And Broken etc

love his solo stuff too :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    KBaxter74KBaxter74 Posts: 30
    I just got into the Trees really within the last couple months. Try looking online for their lost album also. It was recorded in 98 to shop around to new labels. No one picked em up so there are like eight songs that were never released by the Trees. Try finding One Way Conversation. Great song!
    Cannot stop the thought, running in the dark, coming up a which way sign, all good truants must decide.
    -Immortality
  • Options
    bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    try driving down a lonely highway late at night with "Scraps at Midnight" on. surreal
  • Options
    thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
    does Mark tour for his solo stuff very much? I'd LOVE to see him sometime, but i dont think i've ever seen or heard anything about his tours.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i frigging love the mellotron (or is it moog?) solo on sworn and broken. screw it, I love the whole album.

"winter's setting in again,
    and it feels like the end is near"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"