Options

Anyone catch the chili peppers on SNL, Wonder why they chose a classic over a new one

bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Im wondering if the fact that they chose to play "Give it away now" as their second song instead of a new song of their new album is a bad sign. I hope it doesnt mean that their new double albums gonna blow
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i didn't catch that but it reminds me of when ac/dc were on, like 2001 or 02, and the played you shook me all night long, i laughed my ass off and i love ac/dc.
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I don't think that bands are obligated to play new music when playing on SNL. Sure...probably makes great sense from a marketing perspective, but if I were the RHCP, I would have rocked Fight Like a Brave and really spun some people out. :D

They have a lot of good songs, and they've been around for about 20 years now. If I made it for 20 years (heh! still trying for 1...lol), I'd play whatever I felt like playing.

I wish that Prince would have done that...go all the way back to I Wanna B Your Lover. That woudl have been sweet.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i thought it was pretty predictable actually....play the new single, play one of their most famous hits....i was sitting there saying: ok either give it away or under the bridge is next....honestly, i wouldnt have been blown away if PJ did the same thing

that being said, ive heard Give it Away live and I wouldve rather heard one of the new songs

oh and by the way, Stadium Arcadium, from what ive heard, does not blow. it fuckin rocks.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I was a little disappointed also that they chose "Give It Away" for their second song. I stayed up until the end hoping to hear a new song. From everything I've read, the band thinks Stadium Arcadium contains some of the best songs they have ever written. You'd think they would want to play another new one.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Considering they botched Dani California so bad to the point John stormed offstage and also what happened last time they played SNL during the BSSM era... Maybe Gibe it Away was a safe play even though I've heard that song a million times.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Not Sure about botching Dani California. They sounded great to Me. John is one of the most amazing guitarists You will ever hear. We are very fortunate to have two amazing bands releasing albums in consecutive weeks. VH1.com is streaming Stadium Arcadium. I think it's under "Hear it Now". Happy listening.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Not Sure about botching Dani California. They sounded great to Me. John is one of the most amazing guitarists You will ever hear. We are very fortunate to have two amazing bands releasing albums in consecutive weeks. VH1.com is streaming Stadium Arcadium. I think it's under "Hear it Now". Happy listening.

they botched it bad and I love RHCP..Anthony couldnt find the right key and John couldn't get his peddal to work which prompted his abrubt exit from the stage when the song was over.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    JLukinJLukin Posts: 54
    bobbyd3 wrote:
    Im wondering if the fact that they chose to play "Give it away now" as their second song instead of a new song of their new album is a bad sign. I hope it doesnt mean that their new double albums gonna blow

I have the leak of Stadium Arcadium and trust me it does not suck. It rocks pretty hard imo. There is some amazing guitar work from Flea and J.F. as usual. There are a couple songs that I skip but only a couple out of 28 songs!! I think this album is gonna do very well.
    2000 8/3 8/9 8/10 8/12 8/18 8/20 8/21 9/5 10/7 10/8 10/9
    2002 12/8 12/9
    2003 4/11 4/21 4/25 4/26 6/24 7/2 7/3
    2004 9/28 9/29 10/1 10/2 10/3
    2005 9/28
    2006 5/19 5/20 5/22 5/27 5/28 6/23 6/24
    2007 8/5
    2008 6/11 6/12 6/19 6/20