Options

Tool preaches patience.

genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
edited April 2006 in Other Music
THE FOLLOWING IS A MESSAGE FROM MJK
"Many people are complaining about the sold out shows. Relax. We're doing a full on tour at the end of the summer which goes almost everywhere. And in the new year, we'll go almost everywhere else. These are just a handful of warm-up dates. There's nothing much we can do to out wit the scalpers. If you have patience, just don't buy the tickets from them. just wait until August. Screw them. Believe me, if I could design a virus that would leave scalpers totally impotent, mute, and penniless, I would. Same goes for lawyers. (I have a whole different virus in mind for mini vans. More on that later.)"

(NOTE: This was already posted on the TA message board, but I'm re-posting it for non-members).
the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Why the anger towards mini-vans?

If there's one thing we know it's that people in this day and age aren't patient. They'd rather complain now and always then just wait a little and get what they're looking for.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    patience....... TOOL.

how can a TOOL fan NOT be patient? we are paragons of patience.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    LOL this kid i work with loves Tool (never saw it coming ).
    He pissed everyone has seen Tool but him. He read in Spin about Maynard saying Tool would break up sooner than later or some shit. So for this mini tour he was going ballistic about getting tix. I told him Tool usually does a warm up then comes back in bigger venues but he did'nt believe me...he thought this might be it.
    Dumbass shelled out 500 bucks for a pair of tix.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    patience....... TOOL.

how can a TOOL fan NOT be patient? we are paragons of patience.

fair point....fans of Tool or NIN (haven't come across too many who are fans of one but not the other) are patience personified.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    This happens every single time a band does a small warm up tour. It happened five years ago when Lateralus came out, it happened when NIN did that small venue tour last year, it happens every time PJ does a small show somewhere or a one off gig, or doesn't announce all their tour dates at once. You would really think people would get the hint and stop freaking out all the time, but somehow that never happens.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I think it is really cool that they did that. I know i have a lot of frustration right now with Pearl Jam becasue no one will address if they will tour the south or not.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    This happens every single time a band does a small warm up tour. It happened five years ago when Lateralus came out, it happened when NIN did that small venue tour last year, it happens every time PJ does a small show somewhere or a one off gig, or doesn't announce all their tour dates at once. You would really think people would get the hint and stop freaking out all the time, but somehow that never happens.
    Fan short for Fanatic
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    LyreLyre Posts: 14
    i got my ticket, i can't wait
    just because you like pearl jam doesn't mean you're not a douche - PineappleAna
  • Options
    I was able to get an advance copy of the album yesterday. Fans of Tool are going to love it. Very deep record. It may have the best artwork of any single CD release ever.
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    intodeep wrote:
    I think it is really cool that they did that. I know i have a lot of frustration right now with Pearl Jam becasue no one will address if they will tour the south or not.
    I agree 110%. Let the fans know what is going on. And for the lead singer of a band to address the fans says alot about Tool.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    http://www.uniquevenues.com/facil.detail.rfi.cfm?facil_id=107293

f patience, looking at this venue, can you blame us who got tickets for the NYC shows.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    2,700 plus change capacity for a venue. that would be awesome to see TOOL there. rumour has it they're playing the superdome here in sydney. it holds like 20,000 or something ridiculous like that. i'd love to see them in a smaller venue. the hordern holds 6,000. that'd do for me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DieasGrey wrote:
    LOL this kid i work with loves Tool (never saw it coming ).
    He pissed everyone has seen Tool but him. He read in Spin about Maynard saying Tool would break up sooner than later or some shit. So for this mini tour he was going ballistic about getting tix. I told him Tool usually does a warm up then comes back in bigger venues but he did'nt believe me...he thought this might be it.
    Dumbass shelled out 500 bucks for a pair of tix.

Does anyone have a link to this article in Spin? I can't find it anywhere.
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    http://www.uniquevenues.com/facil.detail.rfi.cfm?facil_id=107293

f patience, looking at this venue, can you blame us who got tickets for the NYC shows.

I'd sell my penis to see Tool in a nice venue like that.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I find it amusing that anyone could question the patience of tool fans :D this will be only the 4th full length release (not including salival) in 14 years and yet Tool fans are loyal as anything. That is patience.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    JamnPearl wrote:
    I'd sell my penis to see Tool in a nice venue like that.

no band is worth that son.......
    The wind is blowing cold

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    intodeep wrote:

ding ding ding ding! you are right on the money with this!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,178
    Given the state of things, I didn't want to gloat on the Tool boards. Got this in my e-mail inbox from ToolArmy yesterday:

YOU HAVE WON TICKETS TO AN UPCOMING TOOL SHOW

BOSTON @ ORPHEUM THEATRE - MAY 21

Because of your involvement in the collective unconscious, a pair of great seats is being reserved in your name.

2 tickets for great seats near the front will be waiting for you at the venue.
    Check your local listings for showtimes.

I'm stoked...
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    i'm glad they'll be coming back later on too.. i cant wait!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    dee bodee bo Posts: 4
    TOOL rules....long live MJK...........
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Given the state of things, I didn't want to gloat on the Tool boards. Got this in my e-mail inbox from ToolArmy yesterday:

YOU HAVE WON TICKETS TO AN UPCOMING TOOL SHOW

BOSTON @ ORPHEUM THEATRE - MAY 21

Because of your involvement in the collective unconscious, a pair of great seats is being reserved in your name.

2 tickets for great seats near the front will be waiting for you at the venue.
    Check your local listings for showtimes.

I'm stoked...

Wow, that is really great. I was hoping for one of those messages, too, but I wasn't one of the lucky few. Have fun!
    "Should I tell you my room is walled up? In what way might I leave it? Here is how; Goodwill knows no obstacle. Nothing can stand before a deep desire. All I have to do is imagine a door." -Schultz

Trading stories with the leaves instead
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    no band is worth that son.......

Exageration...
  • Options
    JamnPearl wrote:
    Exageration...

oh yes i realised that....lol
    The wind is blowing cold