Options

Queens of the Stone Age

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was recently at a Korn concert and for the background music that they play when they are in between bands and setting stuff up they played nothing but Queens of the Stone Age. Before Korn when on, it was Lullabies to Paralyze, and then after they were done it was Rated R. Just thought that was kind of cool and unexpected.
  • Options
    I would have to say that I am a big fan of QOTSA as well. Seeing them live is great. I saw them open up for the Chili Peppers in Omaha and open up for NIN in St. Louis. I would say that they are a bit underated. Very talented band and I couldn't get over how good their drummer was when they opened for NIN. Great stuff.
  • Options
    conguitaconguita Posts: 222
    Great band...
    Love them really...

unfortunetly never seen them live:( but would love to!
    ..:: I wanna taste everyone I see ::..
  • Options
    huge fan over here! love the lanegan apperances as well. saw them live i think it was in '03 or '04, the distillers opened for them. not a fan of the distillers, but qotsa rocked! and lanegan joined them onstage for the songs he's on, it was an incredible show!
    also saw nick do a solo show in seattle, it was definitely different lol. interesting to say the least ;)
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    QOTSA.. love them..

Pretty much anything Homme has been in i love..

Kyuss, Desert Sessions, Eagles of Death Metal.. Loved seeing QOTSA open for NIN last NIN tour too!

I dont think QOTSA are underated though=p

Homme and Grohl are going to save rock n roll
  • Options
    I've only recently started listening to them, always admired but never really investigated them till last year, I bought Songs for the deaf for my wife cause she's a foo's fan and with Dave on drums I thought she'd like it.I then purchased Lullabies on Vinyl and became hooked, Got hold of Songs & Rated R on vinyl as well and since then can't stop playing them.

Definetly the best use of Dave Grohl I've ever heard. Always being into PJ I can't get too precious about Nirvana, great band but if were talking overated then theirs a band that need including.

I think Queens just Fucking Rock and have restored my faith in Rock music, having drifted away from PJ for a few years ( I'm not proud about it) Queens made me go back to PJ, Soundgarden, Alice & The pilots and realise what great Fuckin music Yank rock bands make, you Knock spots off most of our bands in this country, we only seem to have a handful like Radiohead who seem to want to make original intelligent and thought provoking music.

Queens rock my motherfucking World!