Options

Strokes - First Impressions - Your Impressions?

granparocksgranparocks Posts: 45
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Hey everybody.

I did a search and didn't find anything recently on this topic.

So, I just bought the Strokes latest, and I'm currently in the middle of it. I think it's a fantastic album, more mature than anything else I've heard from them.

Any opinions on from yall?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'd like to know, too. I heard they put on a good show, are good rock & roll, and are very talented. If I like '90s rock (Pearl Jam, DMB, Radiohead, AiC, Rage), & old rock (Zeppelin, Neil, Who, Doors, the Dead, Hendrix), would I like the Strokes?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    I'd like to know, too. I heard they put on a good show, are good rock & roll, and are very talented. If I like '90s rock (Pearl Jam, DMB, Radiohead, AiC, Rage), & old rock (Zeppelin, Neil, Who, Doors, the Dead, Hendrix), would I like the Strokes?

i think the album "is this it" is very accessible. very tight rhythms and good vocals. i'd recommend getting this album first.

I share many of your musical interests (save Rage and DMB) and I like the Strokes. you never know, you may hate it, but i think the album i mentioned is a good one.
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    The Strokes rock out
    final stop
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    Honestly in my opinon it's their worst album. Which means it's very good but not nearly as good as Is This It or Room On Fire.
  • Options
    basqobasqo Posts: 25
    the first 5 songs are great, especially "You Only Live Once" (the best on the album) but then it goes downhill and gets old by the end of the disc.
    Here's to hoping the next album is along the lines of No Code
  • Options
    Honestly in my opinon it's their worst album. Which means it's very good but not nearly as good as Is This It or Room On Fire.

maybe i shall buy room on fire then. cause i'm enjoying first impressions. love razorblade especially.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    basqo wrote:
    the first 5 songs are great, especially "You Only Live Once" (the best on the album) but then it goes downhill and gets old by the end of the disc.

While I don't think it's to the extent that you do I agree that the album does start to drag near the end it's not that they are not good songs but rather too much of the samish sort of thing
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I said it before and I'll say it again --- LOVE First Impression Of Earth.. best album of 2006 so far in my opinion. I can't say enough good things about this album. I love Room On Fire to, but i like the new one better.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    basqo wrote:
    Best description I've read. Well, I don't think all of the first 5 are great, but the album quickly drops off into a boring mess. Easily their weakest album yet and the only of the 3 that I haven't found to be extremely enjoyable.