Options

Layne found 4 years ago today

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Billboard.com just reminded me, its the anniversary of Layne Staley being found dead today. Just thought some people would like to pay tribute.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    There was a thread on April 5th cause that was the day he was said to have died.

Hard to believe it was 2 weeks later that he was found huh?

Shows how secluded he was from the outside world in the last months/weeks of his life.

RIP Layne
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    like i said on the death anni thread...i will never forget that feeling when me found out of his passing on the 20th

RIP
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    chris01 wrote:
    There was a thread on April 5th cause that was the day he was said to have died.

Hard to believe it was 2 weeks later that he was found huh?

Shows how secluded he was from the outside world in the last months/weeks of his life.

RIP Layne
    Yeah I think thats really sad that no one even came looking for 2 weeks.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    RIP Layne.

I don't think its a case of people not looking for him, but the fact that no-one must have called him or kept in touch for that long. I can't imagine not speaking to my family for two weeks or more, but I guess its not for me to judge. Everyone has busy lives to lead I suppose.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    what a great singer/songwriter the music world lost 4 years ago

RIP layne
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Over the last 10 years or so, I have heard more Staley-influenced vocals from other bands, than anyone else. That is the ultimate tribute
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Over the last 10 years or so, I have heard more Staley-influenced vocals from other bands, than anyone else. That is the ultimate tribute
    unfortunately most of them are not very good :D