Options

Secret Machines

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited April 2006 in Other Music
any suggestions on albums from these guys?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Don't know about an album, but I saw them Saturday and they were pretty good. If their new album is indicative of the show I saw try their new one, ten silver drops.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    I would just start from the beginning. Pick up the EP September 000, then pick up the debut Now Here Is Nowhere. The debut is alot better than the new album Ten Silver Drops. Don't get me wrong, TSD is a damn good album, but NHIN is amazing.

See them live.

And they did a nice version of "Lightning Blue Eyes" on Conan last night.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    I would just start from the beginning. Pick up the EP September 000, then pick up the debut Now Here Is Nowhere. The debut is alot better than the new album Ten Silver Drops. Don't get me wrong, TSD is a damn good album, but NHIN is amazing.

See them live.

And they did a nice version of "Lightning Blue Eyes" on Conan last night.

i saw that. really liked it

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i saw that. really liked it

Yeah, I thought it was good too. I've seen them open for the Kings of Leon, and they almost stole the show. Best light show I've seen. And the drummer is a non-stop gorilla man.

I've yet to let Ten Silver Drops really sink in with me, so I'm a little biased on my opinion.

Also look for the The Road Leads Where It's Led EP, its got great covers of Girl From North Country, Astral Weeks, and Money [Thats' What I Want] on it.
  • Options
    i wish people wouldnt compare them to pink floyd. why cant they just be the first secret machines?

• Options
    I've never understood the Pink Floyd comparisons, I don't see it.

Sometimes comparisons can be a good thing, but in this case it is not.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I really like what ive heard of this band so far, listening to that song road leads where it leads right now. The video for that song lightning blue eyes is quite cool as well.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.