Options

official AIC website

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited March 2006 in Other Music
http://aliceinchains.com/ if you couldnt have guess ;) maybe this means the reunion is permenant?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    I signed up for the newsletter a couple of weeks ago! I just hope they tour the east coast!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    I cant see them sticking this out. I think it was Sean who said they wanted to do this one last time as a tribute and take it from there.

He did mention continuing under another name though.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Options
    allicatallicat Posts: 2
    is aic getting back together without layne???
  • Options
    allicat wrote:
    is aic getting back together without layne???

they are touring under the name of AIC and have another singer to do layne's songs. lots of people on the net slaging jerry cantrell off and saying he isonly dong it for the money, although i really liked his album degradation trip
  • Options
    allicatallicat Posts: 2
    im shocked!!!
    no one could ever ever sing like layne. the guys got big shoes to fill.
    jerry wouldn't do it for the money. jerry's a legend!
    wow! i missed aic when they were around. they came to australia but only did two shows in melbourne.
    i hope they come here!!!
    thanks for info dark crow :)
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Who's taking Layne's place? An unknown?
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    For now, a revolving door of guest singers. As to a new band name, only time will tell.
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    woaw shit its all changed!

iam seeing them at download!
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Anyone wonder why Jerry is wearing a Steelers hat in one of the photos?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'd love to see Alice in Chains back together, but I don't know how good they'll be without Layne Staley...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I got this off mtv.com:

Alice in Chains drummer Sean Kinney told MTV News last month that the band had been approached by the producers of "Rock Star" for the second season, but that they turned the offer down (see "Remaining Alice In Chains Members Reuniting For Summer Gigs "). The surviving members of that group — Kinney, bassist Mike Inez, and guitarist Jerry Cantrell — have reunited, and are planning a brief run of U.S. clubs this May. Alice in Chains are in the process of auditioning singers who'll be asked to step into the late Layne Staley's shoes for the group's imminent touring and recording plans.
  • Options
    AIC is not AIC without Layne. Unless they change their name I'm not gonna shoot a dollar or an ear their way.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    AIC is not AIC without Layne. Unless they change their name I'm not gonna shoot a dollar or an ear their way.

Sweet. More tickets for the rest of us.

AIC, whatever they call themselves, kick ass. They put on a great show last year, and from what I heard were amazing a few weeks ago. I would never miss an opportunity to see these guys play.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Deaderman wrote:
    For now, a revolving door of guest singers. As to a new band name, only time will tell.

they are using a mate of jerry cantrell's. i think he is in his band or something.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    darkcrow wrote:
    they are using a mate of jerry cantrell's. i think he is in his band or something.

isnt it William Duvall?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    isnt it William Duvall?
    yup thats him.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    "look in my eyes deep and watch the clouds change with time"
  • Options
    I think they should have Ann Wilson do it. They have a history of performing together, and she has a great voice. That way it would be different, but appropriate. Not just trying to imitate Layne.
    I'm the Peachmeister!

2003-Albany, Mansfield I, Camden I, MSG I
    2006-Hartford
    2008-Mansfield II
    EV NYC I +II
    2009-EV Philly
    2010-MSG I + II
    2013-Worchester
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    The replacement singer they have been using is from the band Comes With the Fall, you can hear their stuff here: http://comeswiththefall.com/music.html

Check out the songs Murder Scene and Blackest Hour, they're pretty different sounding, but really cool, he has a great voice.