Comments

• Options
    bunch of ignorant twats
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    ha, i hate this band too!
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Morrisey's a bit of a dick but The Smiths were an amazing band. I can't deny that. Absolutely incredible pedigree, they were around for what, four years?....classic albums, loads of superb songs. Johnny Marr is the most under appreciated guitarist of all time.

Favourite songs (there are so many but)....

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
    Panic
    How Soon Is Now?
    Rubber Ring
    Bigmouth Strikes Again
    The Boy With the Thorn In His Side
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    absolutely brilliant band. Marr is awesome, so happy when I saw him on LATG dvd (in one of the special features)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    mike joyce wrote:
    bunch of ignorant twats

You might want to limit the insults if you'd like responses, for future reference. How old are you??

Yes, the Smiths were a great band, one of the greatest in my opinion. Morrissey is a true musical genius, or more specifically lyrical genius. But he/they are not for everybody. Most Americans just don't get the Smiths in the same way I suppose that most Brits don't get Springsteen.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    gabers wrote:
    Most Americans just don't get the Smiths in the same way I suppose that most Brits don't get Springsteen.

Wow, what a great way to sum that up. I'll have to save that for reference in future Smith's conversations.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I read today that Morrissey is not going to tour Canada this year because he does not agree with the seal hunt, what a dickhead, get over it the seal hunt goes on every year and is not going to stop. i dont eat seal myself but lots of people do, and i don't think he should deprive his fans of seeing him in concert because of a seal hunt. just my opinion.

and for the record his solo stuff bores the shit out of me.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Morissey is one of my least favourite people in music but I really liked the Smiths, go figure
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    chris05 wrote:
    I read today that Morrissey is not going to tour Canada this year because he does not agree with the seal hunt, what a dickhead, get over it the seal hunt goes on every year and is not going to stop. i dont eat seal myself but lots of people do, and i don't think he should deprive his fans of seeing him in concert because of a seal hunt. just my opinion.

and for the record his solo stuff bores the shit out of me.

The best part is were he compares the seal hunt to the Nazi gas chambers.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    fucking love the smiths. great band
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?