Options

Does anyone like the Burden Brothers?

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I never hear much talk about this guys outside of Dallas. For those that do not know, the Burden Brothers is the former Toadies singer (Vaden Lewis's new band) Taz Bently former drummer of Rev Horton Heat is also in the band. Just curious to hear people's thoughts on them from outside of Texas. They have a new album "Mercy" coming out soon, and their debut album Buried in your black heart is really good. Beutiful night, and shadow were the singles from that album.

Thanks all.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    hey Kyle!

When I lived in Texas, we heard the Burden Brothers ALL the time. i remember our college radio station, KTSW 89.9, playing them as soon as Vaden's got them together. I think we played their ep and then they exploded. Our Program Producer worked at a club in San Marcos, where the Burden Brothers were frequent guests. I love a Beautiful Night, very catchy, awesome song, but other than that, I haven't heard much from them though. Thanks for letting me know that they will have a new album out soon.:)

but man, I miss the toadies though:(
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    I listen to them from time to time. I tried to go to one of their concerts a few months ago but had some stuff come up. I'll have to check out their new album.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009