Options

2nd time through on 10,000 days

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited May 2006 in Other Music
wow...this is really an amazing album! kicks ass from start to finish...well worth the wait
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i'm still on listen 1 and i'm seriously blown away. this shit was definitely worth the wait. i'm also pretty mesmerized by the case. i could play around with that thing for hours.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    seriously...this album is amazing. on first listen i was blown away but kind of expecting more. then on second listen and third and so on i like it more and more. the 17 minute long epic songs wings for marie and 10,000 days are my fav i think. the lyrics i guess are about mjk's mom who died during the making of the album.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    This could very well be their best yet!

Intension
    Right in Two
    Viginti Tres
    What an ending!

It's nice to see there is still a band out there that "Gets it"!
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    seriously...this album is amazing. on first listen i was blown away but kind of expecting more. then on second listen and third and so on i like it more and more. the 17 minute long epic songs wings for marie and 10,000 days are my fav i think. the lyrics i guess are about mjk's mom who died during the making of the album.

Yeah after the 1st listen i thought it was good but not blown away...2nd time through i put on the headphones and man I went to Tool land! I also agree with you that Wings for Marie/10,000 days are fucking brilliant!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13
    Jesus, it's not too bad, on first listen through. The drumming is beyond amazing. I can't make out a word Maynard is saying thus far. Wish it had lyrics.

I bought an extra copy of Pearl Jam along with it though, (that makes 3 copies now!). Good times.
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    The first time I listened to it, I wasn't impressed at all. Then I listened to it a few more times, and I was blown away.
  • Options
    pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Got it on my surround sound in the living room and it's kickin my fuckin ass.. (shuffling between this and PJ); I've heard it several times from the dowload I got last week, but to actually have it blasting in my truck or at home fuckin rules..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • Options
    vedhead10vedhead10 Posts: 40
    Art.
    You gotta love it.
    I wish there were more true Artists in the industry.
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay...We're all just visiting...All just breaking like waves."
    10/19,20/96 11/15/97 7/16/98 10/30,31/99
    10/30,31/00 10/20,21/01 6/1/03 10/25,26/03
    7/13,15,16,18/06 4/5,7,8/08, 8/28/09, *7/9,11,12/11*
    www.fearedandloathed.com
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Two times through was all it took for me to be completely addicted. Fucking phenomenal album! Wings for Marie/10000 Days is officially my new favorite Tool song of all time!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    have to agree w everone on here, album is fuckin amazing, brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    I like Tool, have their cds, but wasn´t really expecting anything big from them....I must say this is some of the best rock/metal I´ve heard in a very long time...songs like vicarious, jambi, the pot blow me away...wow nice job Mr. tool. Good drumming, cool guitarriffs and Maynard´s givin it his best. 9/10 Only negative are the two too long songs (11 min) on it, but hey...that´s tool, so I can live with it.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    vedhead10vedhead10 Posts: 40
    lars wrote:
    I like Tool, have their cds, but wasn´t really expecting anything big from them....I must say this is some of the best rock/metal I´ve heard in a very long time...songs like vicarious, jambi, the pot blow me away...wow nice job Mr. tool. Good drumming, cool guitarriffs and Maynard´s givin it his best. 9/10 Only negative are the two too long songs (11 min) on it, but hey...that´s tool, so I can live with it.

Dude...those two 11 minute songs are the best ones. Albeit they are the hardest to digest...give yourself some time...then edit that post to 10/10.
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay...We're all just visiting...All just breaking like waves."
    10/19,20/96 11/15/97 7/16/98 10/30,31/99
    10/30,31/00 10/20,21/01 6/1/03 10/25,26/03
    7/13,15,16,18/06 4/5,7,8/08, 8/28/09, *7/9,11,12/11*
    www.fearedandloathed.com
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    As previously posted on the Porch:

This shit has rearranged the constellations in the span of 76 minutes. The hands-down very best album I've heard since Pearl Jam's Vs. was released 13 or so years ago... and I say this with confidence even after having it only about 15 hours now. Easily commanding it's place in my top three list of all time, and I've still yet to hear the final two songs. It is everything that Lateralus was not, and takes their sound to an altogether staggering new height.
    I expected progression; I didn't expect to be teleported to the other end of the fucking universe. To say time is not wasted is an understatement.
    In some ways, it picks up where Lateralus left off, but there is a strong sense of blending patterns and themes from everything they've previously done without retracing any steps. On the songs Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days (Wings pt.II), they take the atmospheric concepts of Disposition/Reflection/Triad, get right to the fucking point, and take you unapologetically hostage while hurling you into an entirely unpredictable realm. It is, as they say, a Rising Sound.
    There is definitely a no-bullshit approach to this record, although there are some very interesting lyrical moments that present themselves upon first listen. I'm sure many more will follow as I figure out just what the fuck he's saying the rest of the time.
    Trap doors abound. The word "surprise", a sacred element to my musical appreciation, takes on an entirely new meaning.
    Fucking Delicious.

Two most powerful moments so far: The last 30 seconds of track 2 (Jambi) and the very beginnning of track 5 (the Pot). I still can't believe that's Maynard singing.

I needed this kind of record. I just didn't dare hope for it. Hell, I didn't believe it was really possible.

p.s. - I saw em at Coachella Sunday night... my god, the new material is midblowing live. Vicarious translated so much better live, The Pot fucking rocked...and Jambi was a surging assault...especially the end. People were slack-jawed and speechless.
    The entire show was spectacular. Maynard was in a good, talkative mood, (first thing he said was "Helloooo Hippies... ... . I smell pachoulie...")
    and he's got himself a cropped mohawk.
    they rocked things out quite hard and added little fills and wanderings that I hadn't heard before. It was unbelievably good.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Firecloud wrote:
    and he's got himself a cropped mohawk.
    Back to the mohawk, huh? Takes me back to art school in GR.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!