Options

Stone Temple Pilots Recommendations

Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Yeah, I love them and all, but I much prefer their softer stuff, like A Song For Sleeping can you reccomend me anything else that is like, Still remains, Plush, Wicked garden I dont really like fast paced heavy stuff by them
no matter where you go,
there you are.

- brain of c
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    u could always sleep to all along the watchtower by jimi hendrix.....but as u want stp.....interstate love song
    Fuck The System
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "Wonderful" from Shangri La De Da
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Heard wonderful and ILS they're both great Im very close to getting Shangri La-Dee-Da
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Heard wonderful and ILS they're both great Im very close to getting Shangri La-Dee-Da
    Some people really hated that album and it did not sell very well, but I find it to be a good listen. It's more of a personal work than some of their earlier albums
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Adhesive popped into my mind first, if ya haven't checked out Tiny Music... yet.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Adhesive popped into my mind first, if ya haven't checked out Tiny Music... yet.

Yeah, that's a good one...I've always been fond of Purple:

Pretty Penny & Kitchenware & Candybars

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Sour Girl is an awesome song, very mellow - I could listen to that song on repeat for hours.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Yeah, I love them and all, but I much prefer their softer stuff, like A Song For Sleeping can you reccomend me anything else that is like, Still remains, Plush, Wicked garden I dont really like fast paced heavy stuff by them

bunch of good stuff on No. 4 and Shangri La...fuck just buy all their records, they are all amazing!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    ved_zepved_zep Posts: 50
    yea No.4 is great
    But i cant believe no one has mentioned Atlanta, its their best slow song...... its amazing, i still get chills when i hear it
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• Options
    dont waste any more time

Get all the albums...NOW
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Im one of the ones who hated Shangri La De Da.

Buy Core, grungy feel to it... which im guessing is your cup of tea since your on a PJ forum. :D
  • Options
    Pops love Suicide, Trippin on a Hole In a Paper Heart from Tiny Music
    No Way Out from No4
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    all there albums are great, 1 of the best bands ever great slow songs they have are. lady picture show, atlanta, big empty, creep, adhessive, and theres plenty more
  • Options
    Ive always been fond of Lady Picture Show and Sour Girl, but the song that keeps me coming back is Crackerman from their unplugged show in 94. The version on Core doesnt do it for me, but the acoustic version is UNBELIEVABLE. Good versions of Creep, Plush, Wicked Garden (also a great slower song) but not so fond of the swingy Sex Type Thing
    Its been 8 years, but I still believe...PJ in NZ 06!

"No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead'
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Im a fan of the later stuff, especially some of the trippier ballads....I actually cant even listen to Core the whole way through.

Check these songs out:

on NO4:
    Church on Tuesday
    Sour Girl
    ATLANTA!

Shangri La Dee Da:
    Wonderful
    Black Again
    Bi-Polar Bear
    Too Cool Queenie(uptempo but not heavy)
    A Song for Sleeping

Trust me you will LOVE Atlanta, you gotta hear it!
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Trust me you will LOVE Atlanta, you gotta hear it!
    Damn......how could I forget to mention that one earlier. It is easily one of STP's best efforts.