Options

coldplay was hot!

ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
edited April 2006 in Other Music
just got back from coldplay at the wach...they put on a great show..played "RING OF FIRE"
i want to be enlightened

like i want to be told the end
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    di_jammerdi_jammer Posts: 12
    i gotta say I loved Coldplay's first two albums and went to check them out in vancouver a couple years ago...and i wasn't impressed, to say the least.

The played about 8 songs, and the show was such a snoozer I literally almost fell asleep. It was predictable, no jamming whatsoever, etc...

I almost went to see them again a couple months ago, to see if they could restore my faith, but i thought it might be a pretty expensive experiment! ;)

What was the set like tonight? sounds like u enjoyed it
    saw things so much clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Ive never really liked them. Is it just me who realises the guy is a terrible singer? He suits their style obviously but he could never belt out a song.
  • Options
    ihavadog wrote:
    just got back from coldplay at the wach...they put on a great show..played "RING OF FIRE"
    Glad to hear you had a great time. I've heard great reviews from others who have seen them recently as well.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    I've always enjoyed Coldplay's gigs. I preferred them when they were not larger than life, in their Parachutes days, although I've heard their latest tour is awesome.

Got to meet them backstage a few years ago (2001) in Melbourne and they were really lovely, friendly guys.

Glad to hear you enjoyed their show ihavadog :)
  • Options
    joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
    Never seen them live but I love X/Y. Better than Rush of blood in my opinion.
    "I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
    1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
    2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    well how was the cover of Ring of Fire? Does it top the Social D cover? To me it seems like it would have no chance in hell. I just hope they didn't ruin one of June's best songs.
    Live Free or Die!