Options

My Morning Jacket...

10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Anyone know if there is still a problem with putting this on your ipod???
He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
So is he?
When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
No tradebacks...
So this is what it's like to be an adult
If he only knew now what he knew then...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Boring, over hyped, no songs. It's not the CD that is the problem... Your iPOD is rebelling against audio poo.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:
    Boring, over hyped, no songs. It's not the CD that is the problem... Your iPOD is rebelling against audio poo.

i couldn't disagree more.....i didn't buy into all the hype either until i finally said fuck it and bought the album of i tunes......it took 3 listens to understand the song structures but i fucking love this album.....you can hear all kinds of influences but it still has an original and distinct sound.lay low,gideon,what a wonderful man and it beats for you are exceptional songs.
    there is a lot of over-hyped indie bands out right now and it's almost become vouge....but give these guys a chance
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is still a problem with putting this on your ipod???

I've heard that they distributed CDs without copy-protection in exchange for the original CDs, but that's all I know
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    !!!!!! Posts: 28
    Z must be the best album of 2005.
    SIGNATURE :)
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    To answer the original question...

"Z" comes with SonyBMG's stupid anti-piracy software. I couldn't get any of the "work-arounds" to work with this CD, so I had to let the CD's software load up and rip it to my computer through their software. This puts the songs into .wma format, which I don't think works on iPods. You will probably have to rip the songs onto your computer through the software on the album, then burn that to a disc and rip it back to your computer in MP3 format to get it in your iPod.

Also, the software comes loaded with hacker tools, if you have put it in your computer and let it autorun, you might be infected with it. Google SonyBMG, go to their website and on the main page there is a link to a download to fix/remove harmful files the CD may have put on your computer.
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    it's an exceptional album.... it transfered to my ipod and itunes without any hassle....
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    WES wrote:
    it's an exceptional album.... it transfered to my ipod and itunes without any hassle....
    Ditto.......
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CM1847 wrote:
    Also, the software comes loaded with hacker tools, if you have put it in your computer and let it autorun, you might be infected with it. Google SonyBMG, go to their website and on the main page there is a link to a download to fix/remove harmful files the CD may have put on your computer.

Sounds pretty smart on Sony's part, putting a virus on a CD only to have to host software to remove it. Well done ;)
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    !!! wrote:
    Z must be the best album of 2005.

yes it is...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    do they sound like anyone else? What kind of feel do they have? those of you who had no problems...did you download any software?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    do they sound like anyone else? What kind of feel do they have? those of you who had no problems...did you download any software?

I did it just as i always do. I popped the cd in and the songs popped up on itunes and i pressed upload or whatever it is called to move them into itunes.

THe lateste album has a flair of flaming lips, but they are rooted in a classic rock sound i think with a tinge of alt/country. THe alt country seems to go away mroe and more with each album though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    are they really that good
  • Options
    Yes.
    (ten)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Sounds pretty smart on Sony's part, putting a virus on a CD only to have to host software to remove it. Well done ;)
    It's Sony, you expect them to think thigns like that through? The software is part of the stuff that keeps track of how you use songs from the CD and such, they didn't realize that hackers could easily use it to take control of people's computers.

MMJ is a great band, Z is my first album of theirs and I love it, I am going to check into their older stuff soon.
  • Options

See for yourself. You can stream a lot of stuff on their official homepage (which is great when bands do that because you can get to know their style before you buy something)

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/streams.html (live shows)
    http://www.mymorningjacket.com/news.html (two song's off Z)
    http://www.mymorningjacket.com/music.html (2 or 3 songs of each album as stream or mp3 download)
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    To just get a taste of what they are like live go to the webpage and watch the conan clip of them playing one big holiday. Unreal. You can tell that Conan is really excited about it afterwards.
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    anyone else think they sound like The Who sometimes or is it just me ?
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    '{&#91 wrote: »
    ']anyone else think they sound like The Who sometimes or is it just me ?

Certainly it hasn't crossed my mind... and now that I think... no, I don't feel much The Who in their music.. however some tracks from Z really remind me of Elvis Costello.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    intodeep wrote:
    Ditto.......

thank you, d,for z. its great. still love 'it still moves' more at the moment.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    it still moves makes me randy.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

i described them as a cross between wilco, radiohead and the black crowes, but you can also catch flashes of satchel in there. they're defeinitly worth hearing. i didnt have any problems getting them on my ipod.

does anyone have their ep? i think it's called chocolate and ice or something? saw it at best buy and im wondering if i should give it a shot.
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    '{&#91 wrote: »
    ']anyone else think they sound like The Who sometimes or is it just me ?

i think just you.... i hear a lot of Neil Young in It Still Moves and even their earlier more indie stuff.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    BUENA wrote:

You are wrong my friend, these guys have been great long before the hype...I agree, a lot of stuff gets overhyped these days...not this though, this band will go down as one of the greats, you'll see

but you're entitled to yer opinion
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Definately sound like Who to me, great album though and no problems on the ipod...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    http://www.archive.org

search the "live music archive"...there's a bunch of shows there you can download very easily

this one goes recommended...though i haven't heard it yet...

Band/Artist: My Morning Jacket
    Date: May 28th, 2004
    Venue: The Opera House

Source: KM184 (fob) > V3 and soundboard > Duo
    Lineage: EMagic A62 > laptop (Kristal 4x24/44.1)
    Taped by: David Klein