Options

Anyone have luck getting Radiohead tix?

GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Wow what a disaster, especially when youre at work taking calls at the same time as you are fumbling around on TM web site. Needless to say didnt get tickets, was looking for MSG tix,

ANyone else try and got lucky?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    sorry you didn't get them man...I figured it'd be a difficult ticket to get.

hopefully tomorrow luck is on my side and I score some Chicago tickets!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    :( No, sold out, probably took only a few minutes...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
    going to try tomorrow for philly.
  • Options
    i got mine for the opening show in philly during tuesday mornings brief fanclub presale.
    in about half hour all the available seats for the entire north american tour were gone.
  • Options
    wavin_goodbyewavin_goodbye Posts: 135
    got one ticket in montreal...
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'll see them at Bonnaroo, so I'll have to pass on seeing them elsewhere this year.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i got 2 for one of the toronto shows
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I managed to get two tickets for their second show in Montreal. Both shows sold-out in approximately 10 minutes. It wasn't exactly the hardest ticket for me to get but was definately difficult.
  • Options
    just got 2 for the second night in philly!
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    I managed to get 2 for the second Toronto show. My first try they were already sold out, so I consider myself very lucky.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    got two for toronto ii.
    i could have gotten some for the other one if i wasn't stuck using my work computer.
  • Options
    Ben Red BlueBen Red Blue Posts: 124
    Knowing my luck my friend didnt get any but then I bet if she did the PJ jersey shows would get moved and clash.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Options
    dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    no dice for Chicago :(

1st show sold out...2nd show ticketbastard crapped out on me twice.

I may never see them since they refuse to play more than a dozen shows in the states (and barely anywhere outside of NYC and other major cities) :(
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,844
    apparently they were sold out in five minutes, because thats what it said for boston show at 10:05am. kept tryin for 20 minutes then finally gave up.

had i known about the pre-sale, prolly woulda tried that.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I had two for Toronto, but I messed up and didn't click on the right country...instead of picking Canada I picked US or overseas. I didn't realize I made that mistake until I tried putting my CC info in a million times.

Oh well, they're a little overpriced anyways
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    i got 1 ticket through ticketmaster for the 2nd boston show and then ebay'd a pair for the 1st show at the lowest price i could find (which is a hell of a lot lower than what they are going for on ebay now).

from what i heard the waste presale took place at 1:30am.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I had two for Toronto, but I messed up and didn't click on the right country...instead of picking Canada I picked US or overseas. I didn't realize I made that mistake until I tried putting my CC info in a million times.

Oh well, they're a little overpriced anyways
    I did the same thing for CSNY!!! But for those tix I was lucky cause they weren't in that high demand so I managed to get back in and still get good seats.

Was gonna try for Radiohead but have to much going on and it's right after DMB in TO so too much driving for me....I hope to catch them on the arena tour later on.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    from what i heard the waste presale took place at 1:30am.

I got my waste pre-sale tix for 6-1 on tuesday morning at 6am eastern us time.
    at that point, every show was available but you could only buy one.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    just picked one up for the 2nd san diego show.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    just picked one up for the 2nd san diego show.

They're gone now...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I thought about trying for San Diego tickets but decided to pass. Apparently, it's already sold out so that takes care of that. I saw Radiohead a few years go on the "Hail to the Thief" tour near Seattle (White River)...it was very good...but not good enough for me to want me to see them again. I don't know why I wasn't blown away by them...anybody else feel like they were slightly underwhelming. The highlight for me was "Fake Plastic Trees" acoustic...but other than that it was all these super long electronic jams that got a bit tiresome after awhile.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,844
    did anyone get any tickets for a reasonable price on ebay?
    i just put a bid in, because they fucking sold out in less than ten minutes.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    did anyone get any tickets for a reasonable price on ebay?
    i just put a bid in, because they fucking sold out in less than ten minutes.

compared to what a pair of tickets for a boston show is going for now on ebay, yeah, i think i got mine for a reasonable amount. i think i ebay'd a pair around 10:20am when there was only maybe 30 or so listenings for "radiohead boston" and when i checked back later yesterday afternoon there was 5-6 pgs...
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I got two tickets for the 2nd Montreal show through the presale. I hope they're good tickets.
  • Options
    Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Got one for the first night in Philly, but thru the WASTE pre-sale early Tues. morning.