Options

why does everyone hat One Hot Minute?

MCGMCG Posts: 780
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I have been defending this record for years! Granted, it was not as good as "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic" and Dave Navarro was clearly no John Fusciantes. But come on people, it was interesting and it was only an album that was not as good as other RHCP albums, it still kicks some serious ass!
Which came first,
the bad idea or me befallen by it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    MCG wrote:
    I have been defending this record for years! Granted, it was not as good as "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic" and Dave Navarro was clearly no John Fusciantes. But come on people, it was interesting and it was only an album that was not as good as other RHCP albums, it still kicks some serious ass!

My friend BARRY would agree, the man likes it better the B.S.S.M.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Agreed...not their best, but a good album.

Transcending is a favorite.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,254
    its my favourite Chilis album - and the only one i'd ever put on nowadays. I think its excellent - not one track i'd skip at all
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i love it
    it's my 3rd fave album behind BSSM and Mother's Milk
    thanks to this thread as well..i think i will pop in OHM..sudden urge to hear "Coffeeshop"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    edved82 wrote:
    its my favourite Chilis album - and the only one i'd ever put on nowadays. I think its excellent - not one track i'd skip at all

totally agree with this. dont know quite what it is but there is just somthing great about One Hot Minute.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    coincidence. just purchased this from amazon a couple days ago. cd is sitting in the office at my apartment building right now for me to pick up after work.
    i wasnt a huge fan of this cd when it came out...but have grown to like it since.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I don't hate it, but its not my favorite, and I don't think its their best. But in the RHCP board, there's a smalll group of mavericks who continuously maintain that it is their best album and everything else is awful, so it just depends on what your taste is I guess. BSSM will probably always be my favorite, with Californication second, Mother's Milk 3rd. I am eagerly awaiting Stadium Arcadium and their tour almost as much as Pearl Jam's.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    It's a good album, but not their best.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    you made me remember the 'warped' video, with a. kiedes and d. navarro making out, 'brokeback mountain' style. not a good memory so...

but i like this album, 'one big mob' and 'coffee shop' being my favs. from this one.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    You know I was always under the impression that OHM was a fan favorite, but that the band hated it. I know I think "Warped" is one of the greatest songs they have ever done. It kills me that a song that good will never be played again live or given any respect by the band. There are a few songs on that record that I feel is a great travesty the band has completely disowned them. Oh well.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    one hot minute is good alot of people say bssm is there best no way californication is there best what a masterpiece album
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I just don't think it's that good.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    letemgoletemgo Posts: 2
    I like the album. yeah not their best, but oh well, I enjoy listening to it
  • Options
    letemgoletemgo Posts: 2
    Agreed...not their best, but a good album.

Transcending is a favorite.

PBM

I love that song too..