edited April 2006 in Other Music
suggestions?

thanks to all who reply
Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    check out the song "without a trace" by soul asylum.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    HAHAH

nice
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    StoneG82 wrote:

Hahahahahahaha.

What music do you think has a good chill.

I could say Sigur ros is pretty chill out, but I don´t think it´s very marrage like.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Hahahahahahaha.

What music do you think has a good chill.

I could say Sigur ros is pretty chill out, but I don´t think it´s very marrage like.

hm......a few Wilco songs are pretty chill. shit.....use Jesus Etc from the record Yankee Hotel Foxtrot....great love song.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    hm......a few Wilco songs are pretty chill. shit.....use Jesus Etc from the record Yankee Hotel Foxtrot....great love song.

I just got my first wilco album for my birthday. Thought you might like to know. You are the one who is to blame, hahahaha. You got me curious.
  • Options
    I wouldn´t go so far as to call it a chill out song, but I would included When I´m 64 by The Beatles.
  • Options
    I just got my first wilco album for my birthday. Thought you might like to know. You are the one who is to blame, hahahaha. You got me curious.

which one was it?

how do you like it?
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    which one was it?

how do you like it?

Being there.

I like it even though I hadn´t expacted that country touch. I´m not quit sure yet but I think I like disk one the best.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    StoneG82 wrote:

Ha.

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Being there.

I like it even though I hadn´t expacted that country touch. I´m not quit sure yet but I think I like disk one the best.

yeah their early records were a bit country tinged......Being There is a great record though. One of the first Wilco cds I really fell in love with.

you should check out Yankee Hotel Foxtrot next if you're interested. theres basically no country stuff.

it's a masterpiece.
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    yeah their early records were a bit country tinged......Being There is a great record though. One of the first Wilco cds I really fell in love with.

you should check out Yankee Hotel Foxtrot next if you're interested. theres basically no country stuff.

it's a masterpiece.

I don´t really mind country influenced like on Being there, just as long as it isn´t pure country. I even have The Magic numbers and they are pretty country influenced.

I´ll check that Yankee hotel foxtrot next.
    A friend of mine asked me last week what I wanted for my birthday and I put Wilco on my list cause of the bands you listen to, I felt I couldn´t go wrong. We both knew this guy called Wilco so I thought it would be appropriate of my friend was the one to give it to me. I told him to which record shop he should go and ask the man who owns it which was the best album and just buy that one.
  • Options
    I don´t really mind country influenced like on Being there, just as long as it isn´t pure country. I even have The Magic numbers and they are pretty country influenced.

I´ll check that Yankee hotel foxtrot next.
    A friend of mine asked me last week what I wanted for my birthday and I put Wilco on my list cause of the bands you listen to, I felt I couldn´t go wrong. We both knew this guy called Wilco so I thought it would be appropriate of my friend was the one to give it to me. I told him to which record shop he should go and ask the man who owns it which was the best album and just buy that one.

haha wow. I'm really flattered that you feel that way.

I suggest Wilco to everyone who has good taste in music. They are probably the best band still around today (besides pearl jam of course) and it's a shame that like no one has heard them.

Somewhere down the line you are gonna have to check out their new live record called Kicking Television. They are phenomenal live and its a great document of their last tour.

You really cannot go wrong with yankee hotel foxtrot. It's in my top 5 favorite records of all time. It's also probably the best record of the 2000's so far.

sorry that I derailed your thread, no code.

again, Jesus Etc is a great love song that would be cool in your video.
  • Options
    Hey there is a band called The Wedding present.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but check out:
    Our Love, Free - Donavon Frankenreiter

A ton of stuff by Jack Johnson, possibilities including Better Together, Bubble Toes, Holes to Heaven (there's a lot more)

Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You

DMB

Gomez - Catch Me Up

Ben Harper

There's also bands like Dispatch, G. Love, Ziggy Marley, John Butler Trio (I know I'm forgetting something) that would be good.

Pretty obvious stuff but it might help.
    Her?
  • Options
    Turin brakes is pretty relaxed