Options

New Sonic Youth re-issues planned for 2006

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Reissues of the eponymous Sonic Youth EP, Ciccone Youth's Whitey Album, and Thurston's solo Psychic Hearts record are extremely close to completion, and will be released early next year. The EP promises to be extraordinary, with tons of bonus tracks and extensive liner notes. All three records will be issued by DGC on CD, while SY's own Goofin' imprint will handle the vinyl.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Hmmm I'm looking forward to the bonus tracks myself. Cool.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    Hmmm I'm looking forward to the bonus tracks myself. Cool.
    yep me too...i dont have that EP too so im glad they are finally re-releasing it.
    ill have to see if the Whitey Album has anything extra before i buy another copy..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yep me too...i dont have that EP too so im glad they are finally re-releasing it.
    ill have to see if the Whitey Album has anything extra before i buy another copy..

I'm kinda planning to buy all of 'em. Then again I'll probably be broke since there's so many albums that are going to be released next year. :D
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    I'm kinda planning to buy all of 'em. Then again I'll probably be broke since there's so many albums that are going to be released next year. :D
    oh yeh..lotsa new releases next year!
    i really like the Whitey Album..especially the Robert Palmer cover!
    but dun think ill buy another copy if its the exact same thing.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh yeh..lotsa new releases next year!
    i really like the Whitey Album..especially the Robert Palmer cover!
    but dun think ill buy another copy if its the exact same thing.

Yeah the cover's pretty good. I like it too.

I will probably just end up buying the vinyl if they're the same one. Which means I also need to buy a new record player (mine's falling apart)....oh just great. :p
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    Yeah the cover's pretty good. I like it too.

I will probably just end up buying the vinyl if they're the same one. Which means I also need to buy a new record player (mine's falling apart)....oh just great. :p
    lol
    start saving up then ;)
    lucky me i dont collect vinyls.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol
    start saving up then ;)
    lucky me i dont collect vinyls.

No vinyls!?!? :eek: ;) :eek: ;)

Actually I only own a few, mostly "inherited it"...now I want to expand it. Blame PJ for brainwashing my head and loving vinyls. :D
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    No vinyls!?!? :eek: ;) :eek: ;)

Actually I only own a few, mostly "inherited it"...now I want to expand it. Blame PJ for brainwashing my head and loving vinyls. :D
    yeh lol..
    me friends got some..but meh..ill stick to cds

YNWA
  • Options
    Between tours throughout 2005, SY have been working on new music for their next LP. Initial recording for this new LP has commenced at legendary Sear Sound Studio, where Sister and Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star, and Thurston's Psychic Hearts were recorded. Songs recorded in the first days of the sessions linclude 'Pink Steam', 'Do You Beleive in Rapture?', 'Or' and 'Sleepin Around'. Look for a release sometime in 2006

some sites are also reporting there is another videos collection dvd due for 2006 too!

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Thurston's Psychic Hearts

I love this Record....
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    I love this Record....
    i have never seen his solo albums at record stores so i never got them.
    do they sound similar to SY or something completely different?

YNWA
  • Options
    If i didn't know any better, i would have thought it was Sonic Youth...
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    looks like March 7th is the date for the re-issues!
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/06-01/16.shtml#sonicyouth

YNWA
  • Options
    SY RE-ISSUES COMING MARCH 14,2006

Re-issues of 'Sonic Youth', 'The Whitey Album' by Sonic Youth alter-ego Ciccone Youth and Thurston Moore's 'Psychic Hearts' will all be released March 14. All three records feature an updated mastering supervised by the band and Sonic Youth's eponymous record features never-before-heard live and studio tracks and notes by drummer Richard Edson, Neutral record label founder Glenn Branca and Byron Coley. The CD editions of these records will be on Geffen/UMe while the vinyl editions will be on the SY's own Goofin' records (vinyl editions to be released on March 14th or soon after).

Song list for the re-issue of 'Sonic Youth' is:

The Remastered Original Record:

1. Burning Spear
    2. I Dreamed I Dream
    3. She Is Not Alone
    4. I Don't Want To Push It
    5. The Good and the Bad

Early Live (September 18, 1981):

6. Hard Work
    7. Where The Red Fern Grows
    8. Burning Spear
    9. Cosmopolitan Girl
    10. Loud and Soft
    11. Destroyer
    12. She Is Not Alone

Early Studio (October, 1981):

13. Where the Red Fern Grows

YNWA
  • Options
    The band has spent the first days of February mixing songs from the upcoming album with engineer John Agnello at Sear Sound and recording overdubs with engineer Aaron Mullan at the band's own studio on Murray st. Some of the first songs mixed include 'Incinerate', 'Pink Steam', 'Do You Believe in Rapture?' and 'What a Waste'.

Basic tracks were recorded with engineer TJ Doherty at legendary Sear Sound Studio. Sear Sound has been the site of recording previous SY albums 'Sister' and 'Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star', and Thurston's 'Psychic Hearts'. The new record is to be released late Spring/early Summer 2006.

YNWA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i have never seen his solo albums at record stores so i never got them.
    do they sound similar to SY or something completely different?

I don't own any albums by Thurston but I did see him play solo.
    If you want I could dig up the setlistthat he gave me.
    Anyway, he started out with his own stuff(I guess cuz I never heard it before), and ended up doing Sonic stuff, but it all sounded like the Thurston we know. Cool gig in a weird little room, I stood next to him (the podium was floor level) during the gig. What that man does to a gitar is just totally insane. I enjoyed it intensely.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    I don't own any albums by Thurston but I did see him play solo.
    If you want I could dig up the setlistthat he gave me.
    Anyway, he started out with his own stuff(I guess cuz I never heard it before), and ended up doing Sonic stuff, but it all sounded like the Thurston we know. Cool gig in a weird little room, I stood next to him (the podium was floor level) during the gig. What that man does to a gitar is just totally insane. I enjoyed it intensely.
    wow cool..that sounds amazing..lucky you :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    wow cool..that sounds amazing..lucky you :D

Yeah how about that.
  • Options
    looks like the remasters will be released april 3rd in Europe,april 1st in Australia and today in US

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    looks like the remasters will be released april 3rd in Europe,april 1st in Australia and today in US

Just in time for my brithday. I'll know what to ask now.
  • Options
    just got the debut EP remaster..wow..i'm really glad they reissued this..fucking fantastic.
    "I Dreamed I Dream" is a gem

YNWA