Options

Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger!!!!

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Thanks to VEDHEAD27 for pointing out that my previous Badmotorfinger thread is no longer around....back by popular demand...here it is again!!!

Show some fucking love for (just by slightly) my favorite Soundgarden album!!! There is no better 1,2,3,4 punch than Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaves & Bulldozers, and Jesus Christ Pose!!! Holy shit...those 4 songs start a vibe that is continued out throughout the entire album!!!! This is Matt Camerons hayday for sure!!! The whole band was just so raw and pure....Chris's songwritting skills are highlighted on this album....this whole album just really speaks to me. So may great memories listening to this....

Share your love for Badmotorfinger!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    And you stare at me
    In your jesus christ pose
    Arms held out
    Like you’ve been carrying a load
    And you swear to me
    You don’t want to be my slave
    But you’re staring at me
    Like I need to be saved

So fucking powerful!!!!
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    great album, one of my favorite non-pj albums
    IM LOOKIN CALIFORNIA, AND FEELIN MINNESOTA, OH YEAH
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    nice thread aNiMaL :D we definitely need to bring this one back! lotsa love over here for this album that can't help but kick me in the ass every time i listen to it. room a thousand years wide and mind riot are two of my fave tracks ever!! but the whole thing continues to blow me away.
  • Options
    nice thread aNiMaL :D we definitely need to bring this one back! lotsa love over here for this album that can't help but kick me in the ass every time i listen to it. room a thousand years wide and mind riot are two of my fave tracks ever!! but the whole thing continues to blow me away.
    Badmotorfinger is better than the most potent cup of coffee in the mornings!!!
  • Options
    SHOW ME THE POWER OF CHILD
    I'D LIKE TO SAY
    THAT I'M DOWN ON MY KNEES TODAY
    YEAH IT GIVES ME THE BUTTERFLIES GIVES ME AWAY
    'TILL I'M UP ON MY FEET AGAIN!!!

I love that part!!! The chorus kicks so much ass!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Time for the ass whooping called BADMOTORFINGER!!!!!

I'm about to pop this bad boy in the cd player. :D
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    badmotorfinger. it's my favourite sg album by far. it holds three of my top five songs by them:

-slaves & bulldozers
    -somewhere
    -searching with my good eye closed

(the others being birth ritual & burden in my hand)

i'll always show this album lots o' love. it deserves it.
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    This is one of my top 2-3 albums ever! Now my kid has developed a huge appreciation for it (probably from hearing it for the past 14 years of her 16 year old life!) and I couldn't be more proud!! She may even get one of my copies of SOMMS, if she's lucky....
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    yeah im with ya darthvedder!!! that chorus hauls.....

i saw rusty cage played at an audioslave show and the fans went apeshit!!! it was crazy!!!! crazy as hell!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Thanks to VEDHEAD27 for pointing out that my previous Badmotorfinger thread is no longer around....back by popular demand...here it is again!!!

Show some fucking love for (just by slightly) my favorite Soundgarden album!!! There is no better 1,2,3,4 punch than Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaves & Bulldozers, and Jesus Christ Pose!!! Holy shit...those 4 songs start a vibe that is continued out throughout the entire album!!!! This is Matt Camerons hayday for sure!!! The whole band was just so raw and pure....Chris's songwritting skills are highlighted on this album....this whole album just really speaks to me. So may great memories listening to this....

Share your love for Badmotorfinger!!!!!

I like it best in my diskman, walking the streets among all the other people, and me hearing Chris's lyrics.
    I can't help but smile and have the feeling I know something they do not.

I love outshined en drawing flies the best.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    This thread just made me pop in my copy :D
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yep I fucking love Badmotorfinger if you hadn't already guessed it, although Superunknown is probably a more technically acomplished record, for all out raw power, Badmotorfinger is my favourite.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    oh yeh, i think super and upsisde are better, but i love this album just as much!
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    Yep I fucking love Badmotorfinger if you hadn't already guessed it, although Superunknown is probably a more technically acomplished record, for all out raw power, Badmotorfinger is my favourite.

that's the thing about this album that i so love:

the all out raw power
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I like it best in my diskman, walking the streets among all the other people, and me hearing Chris's lyrics.
    I can't help but smile and have the feeling I know something they do not.

I love outshined en drawing flies the best.
    I fuckin love that feeling!!!!!
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I remember seeing them at George Mason University on what would be their last tour in 1996. When they went into the slowed down riff at the end of Rusty Cage. I was standing in the very back of the sports arena, and the floor was shaking. It was perhaps the defining rock and roll moment of my life...having that riff just shake through my skeleton :D
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    enharmonic wrote:
    I remember seeing them at George Mason University on what would be their last tour in 1996. When they went into the slowed down riff at the end of Rusty Cage. I was standing in the very back of the sports arena, and the floor was shaking. It was perhaps the defining rock and roll moment of my life...having that riff just shake through my skeleton :D

I envy you so much right now.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    skipshotskipshot Posts: 33
    best...album...ever...period.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I think Bulldozers is my fav track off of this album. The whole album rocks. I prefer it to Superunknown probably because it sounds less commercial, and the tunes are much heavier :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I fuckin love that feeling!!!!!

Yeah, feels good to be a bit smug sometimes!
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Woohoo! Excellent call aNiMaL. :D So great to see the love thread for this classic beast resurrected.

Words seem so outta place when it comes to the holiness of BADMOTORFINGER. This album is seriously the epitome of classic. It holds such a special place in my SG lovin soul. I remember when it first came out. A teenager that had never been in love before, then along comes this badboy to completely change that. Head over heels love. The power is just undeniable. It grabs hold tight and refuses to let go!!! Throws you around the room like a fuckin ragdoll!!! Sooooo fierce, brutal, raw! Steal toe boots a stompin, hair & fists flyin all over the place. The album invokes this feeling time again-- like a flashback yet it's never dated. It takes us back, gets us all in touch with those early 90's roots...and it does this time and time again. Every blow to the jaw feeling like the first hit. Such a CLASSIC BEAST!!

These super chunky, monstrous , I OWN YOUR ASS, sick as HELL riffs!?:eek: UH! I mean the unique tones that come outta this man are fuckin jaw dropping! The solos too?! DAYUM! Mind blowing guitar work all around. Some of my all time fav! *bows down repeatedly to the guitar god that is KIM* Ben and his funky, chunky, sometimes hypnotizing bass lines/slides... love it. He's so in sync with Kim yet his power stands out on his own (which I very much appreciate in bassists!) Ummm Matt?? :eek: Are you nuts? *chills* What an incredible beating! Said it before and I'll say it again...Matt's SG drumming = some of my fav drumming EVER done by anyone. A-mazing. I think he especially shines on BADMOTOR too. Oooh, and don't even get me started on the mighty pipes. :eek:!!! How in the? Peeling paint off the walls, chills all up and down the spine, piercing sharply through your heart, mind, body, soul....I mean who knew a voice could do this much?! It gives me chills everytime. Wether he's hitting a super high-not of this earth- note, a deep, earth erupting growl, or singing with that teeth grinding aggression ...the power is overwhelming. The intensity, passion & emotion behind "the voice" does extreme overtime on this album if ya ask me. It's at such a perfect place. It's beyond words. I really don't have any that could do it any kind of justice. It must be heard to be believed, and even then. :eek: In summary though, I think each member shines beyond belief. Each talent united as one to create a MONSTER of sound. It's all perfect.

This album captures my entire being with every listen. The love/bond grows stronger and stronger. It just gets better and better each time! Never fails to fuel me with life & rock me to no end--headbanging like a mofo. :D \m/ It was this holy beast that started my never-ending love affair with an AMAZING fuckin untouchable band. An album so huge, so raw, soooo incredibly kick ass. The praise itself is ....never-ending.

HAIL HAIL the badass motha that is~~~> BADMOTORFINGER!

<~~ listening to SLAVES & BULLDOZERS

*chills*

(Fuck! I still can't believe i saw Audioslave do this!!! :eek: )
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Yeah, feels good to be a bit smug sometimes!
    I always feel that! Never having met anyone else who likes Mother Love Bone, mad season or temple of the dog and only a few who like soundgarden or PJ, I always feel nice knowing that I have been musically enlightened and they haven't :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"