Options

The Flaming Lips- At War With The Mystics

monkeyboy72monkeyboy72 Posts: 3
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else looking foreward to the release? "The Wand" is sick. It would be a dream for The Lips and Pearl Jam to do a leg of touring together. Hey a boy can dream... can't he?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nobody else, huh?
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I heard a song today and it was pretty good, but I haven't listened to the whole leak yet. Possibly buying it when it comes out. The Lips are pretty awesome
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Can't wait for this one. Been avoiding the leaked album, but I dig the W.A.N.D. That nice fuzzy guitar sound brings back a bit of the Clouds Taste Metallic sound. Went and searched for the cd-single the other day, but no luck.

Also, theres another new live lips release out there: '20 Years of Weird' - Live tracks through the years, sort of a companion to Fearless Freaks. They gave away a free version of most of this album when the movie came out, but added a few more tracks to it.

While its not quite PJ and the Lips, they are opening up for Dylan in Ireland this summer. Thats got to be quite a show.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I am looking forward to the album as well. Just getting into them in the past few months, I have The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi. I like W.A.N.D. a lot, I am looking forward to a bit more rocking sound than I hear on the two albums I have(but I LOVE both of those two). Should be good, it is right up there with Pearl Jam on my most anticipated list.
  • Options
    MoshMosh Posts: 10
    I've heard the album about 5 times and I can say with certainty that it's better than Yoshimi. It's sort of a combination of their older material with the Soft Bulletin-type sound. It's not perfect (the SB was perfect) but I think it will hold up for top 5 of the year for me.
  • Options
    jamitjamit Posts: 49
    I love the Lips more and more as each day passes. I can't wait til Feb. 4 to go buy the new album.

Much anticipation.
    YOU ARE..FAITHFULL, but no TREMOR CHRIST, and there's a DEAD MAN..GIVEN TO FLY

"I feel the same way about disco as I do herpes" -Hunter S. Thompson