Options

Chris Cornell - Euphoria Morning

bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I have heard mixed reviews about Cornell's solo album, Euphoria Morning. I would like to get a song or two off iTunes before I spend $10 or more on the whole thing. What are the best songs on the album? Any other thoughts regarding this CD are welcome as well.
The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Buy the whole thing. It's very good.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I like "Pillow of your Bones" & "Wave Goodbye"
    Those are two good cuts to start with.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    capybaraletcapybaralet Posts: 145
    I've only listened to it a couple times, but it's been really pretty "meh" so far... probably my least favorite material to come out of Cornell related groups.......
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    great fucking album buy it
  • Options
    Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    steel rain, pillow of your bones, sweet euphoria, are three good songs. The album has a few duds Fluttergirl, preaching the end of the world is a bit of a drag and definately one or two more than sound like Soundgarden extra light. Buy selectively. There are some cornell tuunes which will grace your playlist for years to come off EM, just not many. ANd try to find sunshower/ave maria from that era.
  • Options
    bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    i say just buy the album...u wont be disappointed.....
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    It's too bad Sunshower didn't go on the album, thats a great song too. I say buy the album, it's pretty good :D
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    just get the whole thing, its a wicked record.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    I just put this in the cd player in my car for the commute to work.

I didnt like it at first but it has grown on me with more listens. I quite like it now.

I say buy it and listen to it a few times before passing judgment.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    bucket1988 wrote:
    I have heard mixed reviews about Cornell's solo album, Euphoria Morning. I would like to get a song or two off iTunes before I spend $10 or more on the whole thing. What are the best songs on the album? Any other thoughts regarding this CD are welcome as well.
    It really is a sick album. A very melodic Cornell. "Can't Change Me " & "End of the World" were the singles.
    The best song on the cd is "Follow My Way"
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I join the "buy the whole album" crowd. Definitly, a total gem of a record.

BUY IT

But, my favourite 3 tracks would be:

1 - Flutter Girl
    2 - Moon Child
    3 - Sweet Euphoria
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    wagmwagm Posts: 40
    Amazing!
    Although it may take some listens to grow.
    My favorite album behind all things PJ.
  • Options
    bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    i LOVE this album so much....fantastic...

i agree with other comments, PERSONALLY i'd go for the whole album....it took me few listens for me to REALLY get into it, but i pretty much liked it on first listen....

gonna play this tonight now :)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    It really is a sick album. A very melodic Cornell. "Can't Change Me " & "End of the World" were the singles.
    The best song on the cd is "Follow My Way"

Amen! Follow My Way is amazing, his voice is at it's soaring best on that song. I love the whole album, it got me through some really shitty times when I was at university. The demo version of Flutter Girl is way way better than the Euphoria Morning version, I'll try and dig it out and put it up for people to hear, his voice sounds so raw and emotional it just blows me away.
  • Options
    Whitey_22Whitey_22 Posts: 44
    Get the whole album.

Absolutely stunning album. His voice is the most amazing I've heard it since Temple Of The Dog on this album. Wave Goobye is my favourite song, but there's not one song on I don't like.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    its a good album, but ill reiterate what someone else said that i wish sunshower and ava maria were on the album. i seem to remember sunshower was on the great expectations soundtrack? is that worth buying just for that song? anything else good on that?
    EDIT: just looked it up on amazon, only other thing even remotely decent might be a scott weiland solo song? sorry not really a tori amos fan
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    I bought it when it came out. Great fucking album. Worth the buy man.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    EM...man...Cornell had SO much potential as a solo artist. Sure, he probably wouldn't have sold out stadiums, but his art was pure...beautiful.

Hard to say whether or not you will like it. If you are a fan of great songwriting, powerful Cornell vocals the way they used to be, and tremendous musicianship (eleven, Matt Cameron, Josh Freese) then it's essential IMHO.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    very pretty record
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra