Options

Springsteen - Point Depot May 5th 2006

shanoshano Posts: 23
edited May 2006 in Other Music
So who's going tonight? I am outta here in 25min to catch train to Dublin. Should be a cracker! Enjoy it if you're going too..
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    He should bring the house down tonight in Dublin Town with " Shenandoah ".

You will not be dissapointed ! Be sure to come back with a review/ photos if you can pull it off ! ( watch out for the " Men In Black " they are all over people trying to photograph ! )

And check out the Banjo dude with the wild afro ! That kid kicks ass ! The music flows off his banjo effortlessly !

ENJOY !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    shanoshano Posts: 23
    I only have a camera phone so doubt I'll bother taking pics. Took a few at gigs I've been to and they turned out sh1te. Don't wanna risk getting kicked out of this one for something like that. I'll let you know what I think of the show on Monday when I get back to work. I am going with a fairly open mind. Went to the solo show last year and it was awesome and also caught the E Street gig in 2003 which was a blast. I've been listening to the Seeger Sessions album all week (well alternating with The Raconteurs and Pearl Jam) and I think it's decent but may well be a better experience live than in the car or headphones. It wouldn't be my favourite genre but anything Bruce does deserves attention.

Were you at the show in New Orleans or one of the rehersals?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    shano wrote:
    I only have a camera phone so doubt I'll bother taking pics. Took a few at gigs I've been to and they turned out sh1te. Don't wanna risk getting kicked out of this one for something like that. I'll let you know what I think of the show on Monday when I get back to work. I am going with a fairly open mind. Went to the solo show last year and it was awesome and also caught the E Street gig in 2003 which was a blast. I've been listening to the Seeger Sessions album all week (well alternating with The Raconteurs and Pearl Jam) and I think it's decent but may well be a better experience live than in the car or headphones. It wouldn't be my favourite genre but anything Bruce does deserves attention.

Were you at the show in New Orleans or one of the rehersals?

we've been following it on here.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=181067

Yes i was lucky to catch the rehearsal ( Tuesday Night ) in Asbury Park, and I can be seen on the rail here ( in my black Pearl Jam Yield hat ) when my girlfriend got us VIP into the Good Morning America broadcast. ( her cousin is a cameraman on that TV show )http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1887925

The reveiws have been mixed. If someone goes expecting to hear " Born To Run" or " Rosalita", then chances are they will be very disspointed. This is a new , re-invented Bruce, alltho it is still The Boss. At the rehearsals, I saw diehard Bruce fans leaving the show in disgust because it just wasnt their cup of tea. So, as opinions go, they vary from 1 person to the next, 1 fan to the next. The sound of the horns is very powerful and theres so much for your eyes to focus on- it can get overwhelming.
    The wild thing is, of all 18 pieces up onstage, not 1 electric guitar.
    Go figure !

Enjoy The Boss !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

The reveiws have been mixed. If someone goes expecting to hear " Born To Run" or " Rosalita", then chances are they will be very disspointed. This is a new , re-invented Bruce, alltho it is still The Boss. At the rehearsals, I saw diehard Bruce fans leaving the show in disgust because it just wasnt their cup of tea. So, as opinions go, they vary from 1 person to the next

i love this part! ;)

seeger sessions just aint that good...

sorry?