Options

What artists that you loved do you no longer listen to?

loosegrooverloosegroover Posts: 82
edited March 2006 in Other Music
It's weird how time changes even musical taste. The Pearl Jam remains, though...

Artists who I no longer listen to or who I only listen to early work from at this point:

Tori Amos (early only if at all)
Sarah McLachlan (not really at all)
Nirvana (I guess a small finite amount of material repeated endlessly did that to me, but when I do hear one on the radio, I can still get into it)
Eric Clapton (that Julia Roberts movie song finished it for me, still love the Derek and the Dominos/Cream stuff)
Rolling Stones (so over them)
Ben Folds Five (finite band stuff, haven't enjoyed the solo as much)
Wallflowers (it was a small but obsessive time period)
Bob Dylan (just don't anymore, no particular reason)
DMB/REM (same as Dylan, just don't)
No Doubt (over it)
Suzanne Vega (makes me sleepy now, sorry Suz, but I credit you with weaning me off American Top 40)
Soundgarden (wow, I hadn't even thought of them in quite some time and I LOVED them)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Pearl Jam
    Alice In Chains
    Metallica, although I flat out stopped liking them years ago.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    pumpkins
    at the drive in
    rocket science
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    rocket science

now there's a band that was good value. taking bets as to whether roman would fall off the stage. he got into his playing didn't he?

i used to love the police. but that was the 80s.
    all my 90s bands are still with me. i'm never letting them go.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    smashing pumpkins
    modest mouse
    ben harper

i dunno others
    from the height of the pacific
    to the depths of everest
  • Options
    I have a hard time listening to They Might Be Giants since I met them and discovered they are the BIGGEST ASSHOLES ON THE PLANET. Its a shame, too, because they have 20-30 of the greatest songs ever. ("The End of the Tour" may be the sadest teen car crash song ever)

I'll be honest. I'm sure the guys in Pearl Jam are cool, but I'd still be afraid to meet them after what meeting They Might Be Giants did to my opinion of their music.

I will RARELY break out one of their cds because they have some good music,but it is rare anymore.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ouch!!
    shattered illusions are a bitch.
    i think just concentrating on the music and ignoring all the other shit is the bEst course of action.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yeah, I think we should never meet actors or musicians. It can change it so much.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Our Lady Peace. Loved Naveed, dug most of Clumsy, but after that I couldn't get into them anymore. What can I say, we grew apart. ;)

I really liked Nickelback up to Leader of Man. When it became clear that they weren't really progressing, I lost interest (and then it came to light that this non-progression was on purpose, so they could become famous.)

It feels weird to listen to STP and Nirvana now, too.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Everclear
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Foo Fighters
    NERDS!
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Everclear
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Foo Fighters

yes to all three add U2 and I was fucking insane over them, Chili Peppers, but mostly U2
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    Metallica
    Aerosmith
    Guns N Roses
    Nirvana
    Blues Traveler
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Everclear, my first real musical love, if it pops up on my mp3 player or random on WMP, I will listen to it but I don't just sit down and listen to them anymore. I should though, their early stuff is really good and Songs from an American Movie Pt.2 is honestly one of my favorite albums of all time, it got me into rock.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Nirvana (hardly ever)
    STP (haven't at all in a few years)
    Smashing Pumpkins (meh)
    More recently...
    At the drive-in (listened to it too much, got burned out)
    modest mouse (no clue for this one)
    R.E.M. (my 2nd favorite band, I guess it's because I know they'll always be there, and i'm busy trying to find new music)
    Pearl Jam (just started listening to a lot again, with the tour coming up and all)
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    STP more than any other band for me. I still love them and I would never get rid of my CD's but I RARELY ever listen to them.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Creed......

:)
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Deeve wrote:
    Creed......

me too :o... i loved creed when i was like 12 haha...

nirvana
    finger eleven (i even met them...)
    korn (over that.)
    apc (...still love 'em tho)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    BonJoviSkidRowCinderellaDefLeppardExtremeGuns'n'RosesParadiseLostLifeofAgonyKornBodyCountMuckyPupSlayerMorbidAngelTestamentAnthraxSuicidalTendenciesBiohazardS.O.D.DRIMisfitsRyker'sOzzyOsbourneMetallicaSepulturaMegadeth...Wham!...and Glenn Medeiros ... :D

There are so many other bands, but these where the ones I used to listen to frequently ... As for Guns'n'Roses, I believe Lies and Appetite for Destruction really rock ... and Metallica's Master of Puppets is one of my all-time favorite albums.
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    nirvana
    pearl jam (it's starting to pick up with all this mayhem going on)
    rem
    dave matthews band
    idlewild
    beatles
    better than ezra
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    pearl jam and metallica
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I use to be U2 crazy...I still like alot of their older stuff, but I really don't put it on that much anymore....I can't even remember the last time I put a Cd of theirs on?
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    U2, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, and Velvet Revolver.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    embassingly enough blink 182. Please bear in mind this was before 'What's My Age Again' and the beginning of their rise to pop-punk stardom. Back in the day 'Dude Ranch' was a fun album with bass lines that were easy to learn... besides I was in grade 7. I tried to stick it out when they became popular but I quickly lost all interest. Haven't given a single Blink 182 cd a spin since 'Take off Your Pants and Jacket' came out, fuck what a horrible excuse for a cd!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    svhsvh Posts: 21
    Faith no more, fantomas etc
    (used to love patton´s stuff, but i wish he would do something more comercial right now. experimental is cool, but i can´t really listen to it long..)
    nirvana (the post-hype ruined it for me)
    mb20 (shame)
    meat loaf (i listen to bat out of hell, ehm, maybe once in 3 years - that´s enough!)
    queen (grew out of it, was a freak when i was a kid)
    velvet revolver (loved them last year - it´s totally gone now)
    _other bands i´m too embarassed to name (mb20 is more than that!)
    ...a pearl, turning dirt into something beautiful - e.v
  • Options
    Deftones
    Korn
    Soundgarden
    Nirvana
    K's Choice
    At the Drive-in
    Rage against the Machine
    punk in general
    Garbage
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Goldfinger
    Green Day
    Blink-182
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Queensryche
    Godzilla Soundtrack CD
    Her?
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I don't listen to any Audioslave Cornell. I'm thankful for the work he did that inspired me though. :)
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Janes Addiction - Loved them in high school, but just haven't dug those 3 albums out in awhile.
  • Options
    Y2A 66Y2A 66 Posts: 11
    the biggest one that comes to mind is Metallica. I used to be obsessed when I was a kid..haven't listened to em in years
    saw things so much clearer...
    want you...in my....REARVIEW MIRROR
    ---
    One thing that I know for sure gonna give her the loving
    Like nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody can.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Duran Duran.

and Korn.

~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    i can't listen to the doors anymore