Options

Music DVD's

Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Does anyone else watch music dvd's religiously? My friends think I'm nuts because I have so many, but my wife and I watch them all the time. We've been watching the U2 Vertigo 2005 tour dvd a lot since it came out in November. Some of our favorites are...

Pearl Jam-"TB 2000" "Showbox" "Garden"
U2 "Elevation-2001" and "Vertigo-2005" concerts
Rolling Stones " 4 Flicks" "Voodoo Lounge-94" "Bridges-97"
DMB "Listener Supported" "Central Park" "Folsom" 'Videos"
Jimmy Eat World "Believe in What You Want"
Aerosmith "You Gotta Move"
R.E.M. "Best of Videos 1988-2003"
Live- "Best of the Videos"
I love my female wife...
we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Primus dvd from the 2004 tour rocks!!!!!!!! The Les Claypool dvd is also very, very interesting and entertaining. I have also enjoyed the Drive-by Truckers dvd quite abit since purchasing it. "Growing Up Live" by Peter Gabriel is damn good. Of course, all three live PJ dvds burn the house down.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I don't watch any religously but here's what I have that I do still love to watch:

Pearl Jam - Touring Band 2000
    U2 - Best of 1990-2000
    Morrissey - Oye Esteban
    The Smiths - The Complete Picture
    Son Volt - Live from Austin, Texas
    Neil Finn & Friends - 7 World Collide - Live At the St. James

For those of you who haven't seen it, do yourselves a favor and rent/buy the Neil Finn & Friends. Ed sings like five songs on there. The dvd is amazing. There isn't a song on there I don't like.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Pearl Jam: LatG, TB2k, and some boots i.e. Boston II '04, Pittsburgh '05 and Mementos Vol. 1
    Hendrix: Live at the Isle of Wight
    Neil Young: Live in Berlin
    The Rolling Stones: Live at the Max, Four Flicks, Rock n Roll Circus
    Led Zeppelin: How the West Was Won, The Song Remains the Same

I really want some Nirvana shows, a Pink Floyd performance from '80, '81 of the Wall, and maybe some Soundgarden.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Trust - Ani Difranco

I watch this over and over again and am still blown away...nothing less than a masterpiece.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I can't believe I forgot...

The Who -Live at the Royal Albert Hall....with special guest Eddie Vedder
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Besides some of those mentioned:

Flaming Lips - VOID (video collection)
    Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
    Neil Young - Silver & Gold
    Grateful Dead - Closing of Winterland
    Drive By Truckers - Live at the 40Watt
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    The White Stripes - Under Blackpool Lights

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tell Me What Rockers To Swallow
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I have several music dvds but I have a hard time sitting through a whole concert like that. I usually just end up watching a few tracks here and there...
  • Options
    onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    I could list a million....but I saw you have the REM videos DVD on your list...check out 'Road Movie'...I love that DVD.
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    MoondemonMoondemon Posts: 93
    The Slayer DVD Still Reigning is amazing !!!
    Some classic Slayer on it.... a must have for any Slayer fan !! (just like War at the Warfield)
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • Options
    i bought the who at boston and just couldn't get through it all...something's missing...RIP JE

i'd love to get the who one of their quad tour but it's like $30+ dollars(2dvd)

and i'd love to see bruce's old 1970's one with the BTR box set but theres no way i'm gonna buy another copy of BTR when i don't want another copy