Options

New Tool - I have It

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
edited April 2006 in Other Music
has anybody else heard about this...i just found it and am listening to it right now.... just wondering.....im not very far in so i cant say how good it is yet.

thought id let some people know its out there.

i fully expect a welcome to 3 days ago response or something.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    cool, how is it
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    where did you find it?
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Klumpie wrote:
    where did you find it?

A friend of mine told me that it had leaked. I could be wrong here, but I think it's out there either on limewire or one of those torrents sites.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    anyways , as im listening to this , i get the feeling more and more that its a phony..........most of the song are slow weird digital instrumentals,

one song near the end has bush speaking , actual bush quotes where theyve splice together the word tool to fit into his speech.

ex "we value tool, some of our greatest moments have been tool music. i will call on congress to quickly send me the new tool"

and so forth...i think this has been a false alarm folks...im gonna keep i though and see what the hell is going on, cuz it does sound like tool stuff....but i dont know....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    anyways , as im listening to this , i get the feeling more and more that its a phony..........most of the song are slow weird digital instrumentals,

one song near the end has bush speaking , actual bush quotes where theyve splice together the word tool to fit into his speech.

ex "we value tool, some of our greatest moments have been tool music. i will call on congress to quickly send me the new tool"

and so forth...i think this has been a false alarm folks...im gonna keep i though and see what the hell is going on, cuz it does sound like tool stuff....but i dont know....
    Either way, that makes it sound shitty.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    I think it's a fake! But only restlesssoul can tell us.
  • Options
    ill send it to one of you and you can see for yourselves if you want.
  • Options
    pm sent. i will know forsure.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    its not the album..
  • Options
    I downloaded the song Vicarious (supposed leak). It was the theme song to Doom 3. Don't believe it.
    7/10/06
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    I think Maynard and the guys have made a really strong effort to ensure that it doesn't leak. I mean here we are 3 weeks from the release of "Pearl Jam" and "10,000 Days", and we have seen at least 5 or 6 tracks leaked for PJ and none for Tool. We haven't even heard the first single and won't for another 5 days. Tool has the album by the balls and has no intention of letting go until May 2nd.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

sucker! ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    LBC1076 wrote:
    I think Maynard and the guys have made a really strong effort to ensure that it doesn't leak. I mean here we are 3 weeks from the release of "Pearl Jam" and "10,000 Days", and we have seen at least 5 or 6 tracks leaked for PJ and none for Tool. We haven't even heard the first single and won't for another 5 days. Tool has the album by the balls and has no intention of letting go until May 2nd.

The entire PJ has leaked, silly. And yes Tool has the album by the balls. And yes Tool's album will leak early for most. It gets released in some countrys a week earlier, so all in due time.
  • Options
    i really dont think it will leak. i read an artical from a guy from down under. he was at a listening party. when they were done maynard got up and personnaly took the cd out and put it in his pocket. they got this one under lock and key. lateralus leaked i think i had it a few weeks before it came out. i dont think it will happen with this one.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    If you are in America or anywhere else that gets it in May, it will leak. Itsa fact.

If its played out loud we will prolly get shitty quality leak.

The pressed albums have been shipped. They are slowly working their way to the stores. Somebody at the store or in the shippin process will leak it. The furthest known it has got is regional distributor warehouses for Circuit City, and thats America. We have one of the latest release dates listed.

Seems like people are having a contest to see who can leak it to the world.

It will leak within the next couple weeks.
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Tool just added a couple of dates in Japan on the 12th and 13th of August, which looks good for a US tour in the fall........hopefully.

10,000 Days set to come out 1 day prior to the US release in the UK.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't know whether this is genuine but I can't wait to hear it.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Interesting...sounds very Lateralus. I wanna hear more Anemia type stuff though. But 30 seconds of a Tool song is like 5 seconds from a Pearl Jam song...so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest sounds like.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Interesting...sounds very Lateralus. I wanna hear more Anemia type stuff though. But 30 seconds of a Tool song is like 5 seconds from a Pearl Jam song...so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest sounds like.

Good poiint! The 30 second line made me laugh out loud!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."