Options

metallica to induct black sabbath into rock & roll HOF today

mookie blaylock 10mookie blaylock 10 Posts: 4,042
edited March 2006 in Other Music
monday march 13th, the members of metallica will be inducting black sabbath into rock & roll's hall of fame...and performing a few sabbath tunes as well. i guess VH1 will be there filming so i'm hoping to catch the performances and induction ceremony at some point! :) i guess the ceremony and performances will be taking place in NYC...

sabbath bloody sabbath! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    metallica make such shit music, havent made a good song in so many years...............plus those idiots fought napster because they didnt have enough money already
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    metallica are not worthy of inducting black sabbath
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thanks for that..will be looking forward to seeing Blondie as well...Shirley Manson will be doing a tribute for them.

hmm MetallicA performing as well...hope its a medley
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thanks for that..will be looking forward to seeing Blondie as well...Shirley Manson will be doing a tribute for them.

hmm MetallicA performing as well...hope its a medley

no way! i hadn't heard about the shirley manson part...you must be losing it! :D right on...all the more reason to watch...:)
  • Options
    no way! i hadn't heard about the shirley manson part...you must be losing it! :D right on...all the more reason to watch...:)
    yeh i am! haha
    read aboot it here http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11764695
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i am! haha
    read aboot it here http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11764695

cool, thanks for the article axl ! :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    metallica licks!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Metallica kick ass!
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Metallica kick ass!

indeed! :D seen them four times...fucking amazing! last time they opened with battery, puppets, harvester of sorrow, and sanitarium...i was wiped already! one of the best live bands by far...

i'm anxious to hear their interpretations of a sabbath tune or two.
  • Options
    definitely one of the best live bands ever!

hope they do a medley with Sweet Leaf,Paranoid,Iron Man etc
    their cover of Sabbra Cadabra on Garage Inc was pretty well done.

YNWA
  • Options
    yeah, a medley would be pretty sweet :)
  • Options
    indeed! :D seen them four times...fucking amazing! last time they opened with battery, puppets, harvester of sorrow, and sanitarium...i was wiped already! one of the best live bands by far...

i'm anxious to hear their interpretations of a sabbath tune or two.

Next summer I will see them for the first time, hope they put up a good show.
  • Options
    you won't be disappointed klumpie...guaranteed!
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Metallica are scum.. Fuck 'em.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    never thought it would happen. first and only irish person on the IL. it's a sad day...
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Metallica has sucked for ages (although I kinda liked the Loads a little), but I'll never hold it against them for fighting the illegal use of Napster, as inconvenient as it was for people who were "stealing" music
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    Metallica has sucked for ages (although I kinda liked the Loads a little), but I'll never hold it against them for fighting the illegal use of Napster, as inconvenient as it was for people who were "stealing" music

Well, I think the loads and St.Anger are the weakest things they have done. The real metal they made in the eighties is still classic. But it is just my opinion!
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    bump...cool I forgot this was today.....sabbath bloody sabbath!