Options

If you could see any artist/band at any time...

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Who would it be? I've been thinking about this lately and I'll go with the Doors. I see a lot of Jim Morrisson in Ed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Bob Marley
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Jimi Hendrix.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    id love to see an early days pearl jam show. sometime in 92-94. that would bre pretty sweet. ditto on oasis.

id also love to see u2 in the 80s or something. of course, id like to see u2 anytime.

it woulda been sweet to see the beatles play on top of apple studios though. or ccr in their heyday.
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    The Doors, hands down. Especially if Morrison was too drunk to stand.

they would be closely followed by;

Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Floyd
    Hendrix
    Parliament-Funkadelic
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Elvis or Pink Floyd with Waters.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl Jam (hope to see them next summer)
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden (saw Audioslave at fields of rock. they played BHS and Spoonman)
    Alice In Chains
    Metallica (Gonna see them 8th june Gelredome)
    Dream Theater (maybe in the future sometime)
    Guns N' Roses (saw Velvet Revolver at fields of rock)
    Pink Floyd (Maybe see them at Arrow rock)
    Led Zeppelin (Maybe see them at Arrow rock)
    Deep Purple (Maybe see them at Arrow rock)
    Uriah Heep (Maybe see them at Arrow rock)
    Black Sabbath (saw them at fields of rock)
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I have seen a lot so it narrows my choices down considerably.
    First, I would love to see Zeppelin. I would also love to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth right around the Fair Warning tour.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Listening to a Clash boot from NYC in 80 or 81... wish I could be there, especially today that I feel like shit.
    And of course Bruce Springsteen at any time.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    I have seen a lot so it narrows my choices down considerably.
    First, I would love to see Zeppelin. I would also love to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth right around the Fair Warning tour.

DLR era Van Halen would be unreal. I worked at Winnipeg Arena when Van Hagar came through town a couple of years ago and it sucked my left one. I would love to see them with 80's David Lee Roth. He's a joke now.
  • Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    gabers wrote:
    Who would it be? I've been thinking about this lately and I'll go with the Doors. I see a lot of Jim Morrisson in Ed.
    I don't really see Jim in Ed at all.
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Ali wrote:
    I don't really see Jim in Ed at all.
    I see Ed in Jim.:D

And I see Me in Janis.

;)
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Alice in chains
    Smashing pumpkins
    Soundgarden
    Primus
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    So many..

Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Alice In Chains
    Nirvana
    The Doors
    The Cure
    Led Zeppelin
    The Clash
    The Dead Boys
    Black Sabbath
    Rage Against the Machine
    Lacuna Coil
    Tool
    The Beatles
    INXS(back with Hutchence)
    Jimi Hendrix
    Joe Satriani
    Mother Love Bone
    Nine Inch Nails
    Mudhoney
    Pantera
    Phish
    Radiohead
    The Who
    Jeff Buckley
    Neil Young
    The Misfits
    David Bowie
    Stevie Ray Vaughn

and a lot more...
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Alice in chains
    Smashing pumpkins
    Soundgarden
    Primus

saw them all and with AIC and the Pumpkins you really did not miss anything. AIC hopefully just had an off night. I saw them in 1991 and they were just bad. I always wanted to see them again just to make up for it and change my opinion, but never got the chance.
    The Pumpkins were HORRIBLE...there must be a LOT of mixing and editing in that studio.
    Soundgarden was excellent
    Primus was very good.
  • Options
    ediger wrote:
    DLR era Van Halen would be unreal. I worked at Winnipeg Arena when Van Hagar came through town a couple of years ago and it sucked my left one. I would love to see them with 80's David Lee Roth. He's a joke now.
    Exactly...even though I would go if they toured now, I would have loved to have seen it around 1981..
  • Options
    The Doors hands down at the Whisky A Go Go.

BTW, responding to an earlier post...I saw the Smashing Pumpkins in a small bar in Iowa City when Siamese Dreams was released and it was one of the most awesome shows I've seen to date. The band was incredible, mosh pit and a few people were literally swinging from the rafters overhead. I went in with a Nebraska Huskers hat and left with a North Carolina one. It was fucking crazy. Silverfuck rocked...

Also saw Van Halen 1980 Women and Children First Tour. David Lee Roth is a showman, but he's an arrogant SOB. Although I was a big Van Halen fan then, you didn't miss much and there are much better bands out there now and in the past IMO.
  • Options
    usernameusername Posts: 48
    The Doors hands down at the Whisky A Go Go.

BTW, responding to an earlier post...I saw the Smashing Pumpkins in a small bar in Iowa City when Siamese Dreams was released and it was one of the most awesome shows I've seen to date. The band was incredible, mosh pit and a few people were literally swinging from the rafters overhead. I went in with a Nebraska Huskers hat and left with a North Carolina one. It was fucking crazy. Silverfuck rocked...

Also saw Van Halen 1980 Women and Children First Tour. David Lee Roth is a showman, but he's an arrogant SOB. Although I was a big Van Halen fan then, you didn't miss much and there are much better bands out there now and in the past IMO.

What bar in Iowa City? Went to school there, just curious.

For me it would be:

Soundgarden
    Alice In Chains
    Neil Young in the 70s
    Jeff Buckley

Not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Blind Melon...don't know what time period...probably '95...right after Soup.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Phyuck YuPhyuck Yu Posts: 12
    yeah Blind Melon or the doors, an Chains unplugged
    "If God takes life, he's an Indian giver"
  • Options
    I don't remember the name of the bar in Iowa City. It was in the downtown area, east of the ped mall. It's closed now I'm pretty sure. When you walked into the place it was a main level bar with the bar on the left in the back. The band played upstairs. You just had to show your ticket and go up. It was a really small venue with the stage at the back of the room. The street was perpendicular to the main drag that the Sports column and Deadwood are on. Can't even remember the names of the streets. It was 1993 though. I do remember that. Now I'm curious. I'll try to find it on the web.
  • Options
    Well that was easy enough...

July 30th, 1993 - Iowa City, IA - Gabe's Oasis
  • Options
    It still lives...

http://www.gabesoasis.com/
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Led Zeppelin,
    and The Ramones, who I almost saw in Houston, but couldn't get in even with tickets because I was underage for the club.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We missed AIC because they cancelled. Also, would have loved to see Bush. I would have loved to see the Doors, my favorite besides PJ. My hubby actually saw them twice - so jealous. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    my dad's claim to fame is that he saw a band called the Squires play a house party in the mid-60's. The guitarist from the Squires would later grow up to be known as the immortal Neil Young
  • Options
    Blind Melon...don't know what time period...probably '95...right after Soup.

PBM

They were AWESOME live! I caught them at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park NJ in August 1994.....then again at Woodstock..but seeing them in the small Stone Pony was awesome. It was held out in back of the Pony.