Options

saw Bob Dylan last night in Memphis!

iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
edited April 2006 in Other Music
just thought I would share. He always plays 12 songs then comes back for 2 for a encore. I saw him last year in Chicago. With such a vast amount of music to choose from, I don't know the name to each and every song like I do PJ. Last year I only knew 2 songs. All along the watchtower (he almost always closes with it), and Masters of War (which I know because of PJ). Last night however I knew 6. Opened with Maggies Farm, and also played, Highway 61, Rainy Day Woman, Hard Rains A Fallin, Like a Rolling Stone, and again All Along The Watch Tower. Just thought I would share my amazing night I spent with new friend and fellow message pit allumni, ozarkcoolchic. !0th row. A nice warmup to hold me over for the next couple of weeks til the PJ tour.
tacos
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I love to see Bob play when he's over here.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Thanks for sharing that! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    excellent! I loves my Bob.
    Her?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Nice i'm spending El cinco de mayo with Bob. Glad to hear he is busting out some old stuff.

14 songs seems kind of short though ...
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Is his set really that short? Wow. Would call it a ripoff but, hey, it's Bob Dylan. Take what you can get I guess.

EDIT: If you check this out http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html it seems that he uses the same (or similar) set list he used last night (4/24) quite often.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    You were at one of those Orpheum shows? How cool! Did you also enjoy Merle Haggard?

I was at the Bob Dylan/Willie Nelson show in AutoZone Park last summer. My friends and I had a FABULOUS time. I knew going in that Bob doesn't play long sets, but it's still a bit sad to only get to hear 13-15 songs.

When you think about it, he's earned the right to play as many or as few songs as he really wants to play. I'm just glad he's healthy enough to keep playing.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    just thought I would share. He always plays 12 songs then comes back for 2 for a encore. I saw him last year in Chicago. With such a vast amount of music to choose from, I don't know the name to each and every song like I do PJ. Last year I only knew 2 songs. All along the watchtower (he almost always closes with it), and Masters of War (which I know because of PJ). Last night however I knew 6. Opened with Maggies Farm, and also played, Highway 61, Rainy Day Woman, Hard Rains A Fallin, Like a Rolling Stone, and again All Along The Watch Tower. Just thought I would share my amazing night I spent with new friend and fellow message pit allumni, ozarkcoolchic. 10th row. A nice warmup to hold me over for the next couple of weeks til the PJ tour.
    Great show and a great new friend!!! The show was great and I had a blast. Sorry, I'm such a dumbass and left my wallet in your car.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Cheap (single) ticket in the second row for Dylan/Haggard in Asheville, NC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6624404258&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.