Options

Scott Weiland Flames Axl Rose

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited March 2006 in Other Music
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1525967/20060313/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true&_requestid=185994

Scott Weiland Hits Back At 'Unoriginal, Uncreative' Axl Rose

Velvet Revolver frontman responds to remarks Rose issued last week.

by Chris Harris

On March 6, Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose released a statement to the media regarding the lawsuit he'd filed days before against his onetime creative cohort Slash. In the missive, Rose took several shots at the guitarist and his Velvet Revolver bandmates: former GN'R members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum and former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland.

The Velvet Revolver camp hasn't taken Rose's verbal salvo lying down but Weiland, not Slash, has been the first to respond.

In the statement issued through his management team, Sanctuary Group, Axl Rose claimed that Slash had told him, " 'Duff was spineless,' '[Weiland] was a fraud,' [and] that he 'hates Matt Sorum.' " Rose admonished Slash and Duff for making "negative and malicious statements about [him in the press] in order to garner publicity" as part of "a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, [and] rewrite history through false statements" (see "Axl Files Suit Against Slash, Lashes Out At Ex-Bandmates").

On Friday (March 10), in a posting to the band's Web site entitled "Quid Pro Quo" and endorsed "Yours truly, Scott Weiland," the Velvet Revolver frontman advised Rose to "get a new wig" before calling him a "fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' f---." Weiland continued the written assault, claiming that Rose has an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics — who's the fraud now?"

"How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make [the long-awaited Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy]?" Weiland continued. "How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. ... How dare you call our bass player 'spineless?' We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last 10 years? Oh, that's right — you bailed out on your long-awaited [2002] comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling, shall we say, a trifle miffed?" (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

Weiland closed the letter calling Axl "a frightened little man who once thought he was king — but unfortunately, this king without his court is nothing but a memory ..."

Last week, in the hours following Rose's statement, a spokesperson for Velvet Revolver said that an official response would be coming from Slash within days. In the absence of Slash's reply, Weiland issued his own statement. Rose has yet to issue a response.

Velvet Revolver will head into the studio in April to start recording the band's as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2004's Contraband. Tracks from Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy have been leaked in recent weeks, but an official release date for the album has not been revealed (see "Are Guns N' Roses Finally Coming Back? The Signs Are There ...").

This report is provided by MTV News
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    pretty childish, both of em
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,254
    Rose is a joke, but i dont think many really care about Weiland either to be honest. Those two idiots should do their talking with their music - and VR's first album wasn't exactly much to shout about, lets be honest
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    hehehe, scott's got quite the tongue on him! he must have learned posting on the pj msg pit to write a flame like that ;)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    edved82 wrote:
    Rose is a joke, but i dont think many really care about Weiland either to be honest. Those two idiots should do their talking with their music - and VR's first album wasn't exactly much to shout about, lets be honest

Whilst I wouldn't rate VR with STP's best stuff, I think it's a solid album. Plus he's never been one to hold back when people verbally attack him, and when he can come up with such genius insults, I'm all for it!!!!
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Whilst I wouldn't rate VR with STP's best stuff, I think it's a solid album. Plus he's never been one to hold back when people verbally attack him, and when he can come up with such genius insults, I'm all for it!!!!

a wouldn call far botox faced a genius insult..but yeah its interesting to see how it plays out. i agree with the sentiment though that they both need to get over themselves
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    edved82 wrote:

It did better than Axel's new record...
    Good or Bad, at least VR is out their doing shows and making new music. On a side note, is it confirmed that axel was wearing hair extensions at the MTVVMA's...? Is that what Weilan was talking about...?
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    shahril wrote:
    a wouldn call far botox faced a genius insult..but yeah its interesting to see how it plays out. i agree with the sentiment though that they both need to get over themselves

OK maybe that's my juvenile sense of humour! I just like the fact that he doesn't care what other people think, if someones's gonna fuck with him he lets them have it.
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    At least Weiland is still out there doing something musically. The guy has his negatives but he's still making music. I think he may be spot on about Rose. Though, to be honest, who really cares.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    na na na na na. i know you are but what am i.
    how old are these "men"?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    go Scott go!!! like most people i cant stand Axl.
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Having been personally attacked I can't blame Weiland for responding. Dude has obviously had his own share of problems but showed he still had it being frontman for VR. Doubtful Rose can still pull it off to me.