Options

This guy is bigger than coldplay (in england)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    boroff89 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I find it utterly dreadful. I never cease to be amazed at what takes off musically.

yeh same here.

he fucking sucks
  • Options
    I bought this album for my girlfriend for Christmas. She loves it, though she has a far softer taste in music in me (the hardest music she's ever listened to is the Pearl Jam mix I made her). I've listened to it too. I like the song "Too Late", but it's mostly not my cup of tea. For my tastes, I'd agree with the person earlier who said that Blunt's music lacks any real substance. However, what's bland to me is inspiring to others though. That's the beautiful thing about music: it's so subjective.

That said, I admit that I am a bit surprised at how popular he is becoming, particularly since it's been based on the one song. And "You Are Beautiful" is actaully my least favorite song on the album, though that might not be saying much.
  • Options
    How did I guess this would be about James Blunt?! The guy's voice is fucking horrific. That song 'Goodbye my lover' is the most annoying, whinging load of old bollocks I have ever heard. What is even worse is that when his album came out, I read a few reviews that made comparisons with Jeff Buckley - let me tell you, my blood was fucking boiling at that point!
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    How did I guess this would be about James Blunt?! The guy's voice is fucking horrific. That song 'Goodbye my lover' is the most annoying, whinging load of old bollocks I have ever heard. What is even worse is that when his album came out, I read a few reviews that made comparisons with Jeff Buckley - let me tell you, my blood was fucking boiling at that point!

seriously, compared to Jeff Buckley? the two sound nothing alike what so ever, poor Jeff. its like saying Eddie Vedder sounds like Frank Sinatra or something obscure.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    seriously, compared to Jeff Buckley? the two sound nothing alike what so ever, poor Jeff. its like saying Eddie Vedder sounds like Frank Sinatra or something obscure.

Yeah I was baffled by it too! I'm amazed by his popularity, it's quite scary - although it gives hope to the wannabe singer in all of us i guess!
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Yeah I was baffled by it too! I'm amazed by his popularity, it's quite scary - although it gives hope to the wannabe singer in all of us i guess!

i just realised they have the same initials maybe thats why they were compared:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.