Options

Stapp Arrested at LA Airport--I Couldn't resist

LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
edited February 2006 in Other Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001995818

An intoxicated Scott Stapp was arrested Saturday at Los Angeles International Airport. An Airport Police representative confirms to Billboard.com that the former Creed singer was taken into custody for being under the influence, but was unable to elaborate on the charges.

The singer was married a day earlier in Miami to Jaclyn Nesheiwat, who is a former Miss New York and the director of public affairs for the Scott Stapp Foundation, which promotes healthy parent-child relationships.

The Airport Police Department is preparing a statement regarding the arrest. The spokesperson noted that any booking or blood alcohol testing would be conducted by the Los Angeles Police Department, not at the airport. An LAPD representative was unable to comment on Stapp's arrest at deadline.

As previously reported, Stapp was involved in a Thanksgiving altercation with members of 311 at a hotel bar in Baltimore. The band has asserted that Stapp was intoxicated, destructive and made inappropriate comments to a bandmember's wife, while Stapp has maintained that he did not instigate the altercation.
Touring Fan since 1996
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    That guy is a trainwreck............
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what a fucking joke! First he gets his ass kicked by 311, now this....what a loser!!!

all4
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Although most of us did not like Creed, does anyone else find something wrong with relishing in another's demise? Don't get me wrong, Stapp seams like quite the a-hole, but if he has an alcohol problem, I don't think that we should be poking fun at him. Don't kick someone when they're down...
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    EBowie wrote:
    Although most of us did not like Creed, does anyone else find something wrong with relishing in another's demise? Don't get me wrong, Stapp seams like quite the a-hole, but if he has an alcohol problem, I don't think that we should be poking fun at him. Don't kick someone when they're down...

agreed......
  • Options
    I think it's the sheer arrogance of the guy that people hate, yeah fair enough he may have an alcohol problem, but there's no need to be such a prick all the time. Nor is their any reason to do a bad Eddie Vedder impression everytime you 'sing'!
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    EBowie wrote:
    Scew all that...I can understand he is an alcoholic but that doesn't grant him immunity from his own actions. He chooses to drink to a point where he becomes flagrant and the escapades that follow are pure comedy.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    I feel bad for impaired people for medical, heriditery or other natural reasons.... not b/c of addictions that he knows he has and does not face.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    I feel bad for impaired people for medical, heriditery or other natural reasons.... not b/c of addictions that he knows he has and does not face.

exactly. the other article says he claims he went to rehab after the 311 incident and nearly killed himself becos of his drug problem after the last creed tour. the guy's been given many chances, but he just doesnt much seem to care to take them. so if he wants to keep acting like a jackass, we'll keep laughing at him for being a jackass.

also, the existence of this is totally frightening:
    "the Scott Stapp Foundation, which promotes healthy parent-child relationships"

im sure he's a very healthy parent, getting fucked up all the time and making headlines for starting fights and creating scenes.