Options

when will the Beatles be remastered?

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
edited February 2006 in Other Music
seriously, the who remastered all their albums for better sound quality, and most other bands are following suit. when 'let it be naked' was released i unloaded all my beatles cd's figuring it wasnt long until they remastered all the other albums as well and id just opt for a box set or something. now it's a few years later and... nothing. is this ever going to happen?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    The white album have a 35th anniversey edition which was remastered. They were remastered the US albums with Capital. What get me is that the booklets there is nothing in most cd collection of the beatles(bar Pepper and the white album.
    Another thing is cost you can get dylan,doors and Zeppelin for €10 BUT some stone album (let it bleed) is €24. Some of the beatles are expensive also.

What I am waiting is the the Let it be DVD. IT was rumoured to come out last year but never did.
  • Options
    Mr DMr D Posts: 20
    fada wrote:
    What I am waiting is the the Let it be DVD. IT was rumoured to come out last year but never did.
    It's Yoko's fault!
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i like the original records... you can literally single out and hear cool vocal parts, and stuff like ringo slapping his hands on his legs to keep the time on the old records. don't know about the remasters but i liked anthology.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Mr DMr D Posts: 20
    kdpjam wrote:
    i like the original records... you can literally single out and hear cool vocal parts, and stuff like ringo slapping his hands on his legs to keep the time on the old records. don't know about the remasters but i liked anthology.
    Agreed 100%.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Mr D wrote:
    Agreed 100%.

cool i am glad someone else noticed this ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    when 'let it be naked' was released i unloaded all my beatles cd's figuring it wasnt long until they remastered all the other albums as well and id just opt for a box set or something.

No offense, but that is some severely flawed logic to dump an entire catalog of CDs. "Let It Be, Naked" wasn't a 'remastered' version of Let It Be. It was a complete remix and re-edited version to go more along the lines of what Paul had in mind before Phil Spector got his greedy hands on the master tapes for the original release. Why would you possibly unload your Beatles CDs because of "LIB, Naked"?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    BinFrog wrote:
    No offense, but that is some severely flawed logic to dump an entire catalog of CDs. "Let It Be, Naked" wasn't a 'remastered' version of Let It Be. It was a complete remix and re-edited version to go more along the lines of what Paul had in mind before Phil Spector got his greedy hands on the master tapes for the original release. Why would you possibly unload your Beatles CDs because of "LIB, Naked"?

becos i expected it to be followed shortly thereafter with a remastered set of albums like the who did with all their albums. i still think it's a great idea.

anyway, it's not like i dont have them. i ripped them all onto my computer so ive still got all the music.
  • Options
    Well, with two surviving Beatles and Yoko around, it might be a while. Despite some of the making up that Paul and Yoko have done (over and over and over again), I think that re-releasing the catalog in remastered versions might be a long time coming. Unless they can get it all put together while Paul and Yoko are being friendly/civil. It may take one of those two dying in order for this to come to fruition though. It's kinda like the whole Courtney Love v. remaining members of Nirvana thing.....but much more important.

Besides, Paul is too busy being hip and singing at the Grammys with Jay-Z and Linkin Park.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    i dont think they should remaster. i think the feel of the albums is just right
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I suspect that it is an issue of money....as in who is going to foot the cost of the remastering, the artists or the record company. Robert Fripp berated his and King Crimson's former record company a few years back because they charged the cost of remastering back to the band. Face it , record companies are very greedy.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.