Options

"I'm feeling those lighters..."

LongerRoadLongerRoad Posts: 72
edited February 2006 in Other Music
The Dirst/Lewis version of a song called Outside...Maybe the worst song I've ever heard. Just came on the radio and prompted me to post. It was either that or run out into traffic hoping I get hit by a bus.

PJ relation? Not that I need reassurance but hearing crap like this makes me appreciate the boys even more than I already do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LongerRoad wrote:
    The Dirst/Lewis version of a song called Outside...Maybe the worst song I've ever heard. Just came on the radio and prompted me to post. It was either that or run out into traffic hoping I get hit by a bus.

PJ relation? Not that I need reassurance but hearing crap like this makes me appreciate the boys even more than I already do.

you must be listening to BCN in Boston...just heard it too.
    I am not a huge fan of the song, but I heard Staind play it live at the Bruins game a couple weeks ago...the 1st few chords of that song sound just like Black...
    I've helped make this thread more about PJ :- )
  • Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    i really like the version on that song. What ever happened to Fred Durst?

Limp Bizkit kicked ass, then they sorta disappeared.
  • Options
    you must be listening to BCN in Boston...just heard it too.
    I am not a huge fan of the song, but I heard Staind play it live at the Bruins game a couple weeks ago...the 1st few chords of that song sound just like Black...
    I've helped make this thread more about PJ :- )

Different chords. Different strum pattern. It may sound similar to black but you are just rippin on Staind. Not that they don't deserve it.
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Different chords. Different strum pattern. It may sound similar to black but you are just rippin on Staind. Not that they don't deserve it.

I am not a musician, but the 1st 5 notes(??) sound the same to me...very similar...similar, not identical...similar...

I'm not ripping on anybody...I like Staind. I don't rip other bands just because they aren't Pearl Jam...lots of people are into that, I'm not.
  • Options
    they played that version over and over on 92.3 NY back in the day....It became a joke...where my friends and I would always say "I'm feelin those lighters out there"....too funny
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    they played that version over and over on 92.3 NY back in the day....It became a joke...where my friends and I would always say "I'm feelin those lighters out there"....too funny

i'm already liking your style, wounded.

yeah, i used to throw around that "catch phrase" too,
    good for making your hip friends giggle.

i always thought it was "i'm feeling those lighters, YA'LL", though.
    guess that shows how much i listened to that damn song.

and yeah, it was played out the fucking ass for years on end,
    and then they released a goddamn studio version.

possibly the most overplayed song of the late 90's.

grrr.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    doesn't every staind song have a 4 chord chorus? Most boringest band to ever come out
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Staind is a great band..

please don't hurt me.
  • Options
    Staind is a great band..

please don't hurt me.

I've got a lot of friends who enjoy staind as well...aside from Mudshovel off of their first album, I think they're a waste of space. Saw Aaron Lewis at a Layne Staley tribute a couple years back and all he did was bitch and moan.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    if only fred really was quite literally feeling those lighters burn his sorry arse for his crimes to music
    Can not be arsed with life no more.