Options

Get well soon, Trent ...

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited March 2006 in Other Music
http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/06/feb/28/25.shtml

NIN Illness
02/28/06
(MTV) Nine Inch Nails have postponed a performance scheduled for Monday (February 27) in Amherst, Massachusetts, because of an illness within the band. It is not known which member of the touring group is sick or the nature of the ailment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music press can be so stupid. If they took two seconds, they would have gone to http://www.nin.com and found what Trent posted:

[02_27_2006]
Hello all-
The "illness" that's causing the postponement of tonight's show is me. I'm the sickest I've felt in a long time and there's no way I could've pulled off a show tonight. Please know I hate to do this, sorry for the inconvenience.

10:29am_PST
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    dinnoe it was Trent as well
    get well soon man
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    they also cancelled last night's show in Maine. In which I was suppose to go...They say they will reschedule for the summer tour. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with Bonnaroo Festival.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    They say they will reschedule for the summer tour. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with Bonnaroo Festival.

That would suck.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I was supposed to be at that Amherst show. Thankfully they've rescheduled it for next Friday rather than the summer. Actually Friday is better than a Monday. Thanks Trent. See you soon. Feel better.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    Well at least it's better than The Lost Weekend excuse with the drummer having a leaky ass.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Aww I hope Trent feels better soon. I bet he hates being ill
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    hmmm...

I wonder if he needs somebody to nurse him back to health.....

;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i see nin friday, i hope he heals.
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    hodge wrote:
    i see nin friday, i hope he heals.

Yeah, me too, I'm seeing him on March 13. This is a tad off topic, but for anyone who has seen him, does he put on a good show? I am not all that familiar with NIN, but I have heard their/his live shows are killer.
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    bucket1988 wrote:
    Yeah, me too, I'm seeing him on March 13. This is a tad off topic, but for anyone who has seen him, does he put on a good show? I am not all that familiar with NIN, but I have heard their/his live shows are killer.

I saw them last October in St. Louis and they ROCKED. The stage setup was very cool, the setlists usually include all of the stuff you're familiar with - Head Like A Hole, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, etc.

You'll have a great time.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yes NIN are very amazing live
    up there with tool pearl jam and radiohead for me
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    bucket1988 wrote:

Let's just say that you're incredibly fortunate to be seeing him live this time around. Get familiar with the music if you can, because the set list is really good. You get the feeling that you're watching something truly unique.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    momofglynn wrote:
    they also cancelled last night's show in Maine. In which I was suppose to go...They say they will reschedule for the summer tour. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with Bonnaroo Festival.

Why is a NIN fan even contemplating going to Bonnaroo?

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    I was supposed to have gone to the Amherst show and as I'm about to walk out the door I decided to quickly check my mail before I left. I'm glad I checked the message board too cause it got cancelled..and so did Maine and now today's show in Ottawa. Trent is really really sick. He has the flu I think someone said. He went to Quebec today to be treated. he's got 3 shows in a row coming up so I hope he gets better although I doubt it. From what I heard about the performance in Quebec...he was switching lines and crap. He needs to rest. It sucks for me though cause the rescheduled Amherst show is this Friday and I got tic for the Saturday show at the House of Blues in AC...and the AC show were expensive cause it's standing room. Either way ...I hope he does get better soon. :(
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Why is a NIN fan even contemplating going to Bonnaroo?

I'm going to see NIN in Erie and I'm going to Bonnaroo. Many people, like myself, are open to many different kinds of music. Besides, 'Roo isn't just a hippie-fest, especially with the lineup this year. Lots of hippies are passing on Bonnaroo because thay think it is too eclectic and doesn't have enough jam-bands.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    ^Exactly what I was gonna say. I listen to everything from death metal to jam bands to classic rock and everything in between.

...and yes you will have an awesome time at the show. I went in October and it was an intense show. Trent has a lot of energy on stage and the set list kicks ass.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I was never a big fan of NIN until I saw them live. All of those years of NIN music finally made sense when I saw them live. I have a lot of respect for Trent/NIN, and I hope that he has a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    oh he's back! and he's all better... and he threw himself in the crows....and he's singing PIGGY!!!! can life get any better? :) oh yeah 2 concerts in a row starting tomorrow!! :D
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    bucket1988 wrote:

Saw NIN twice last year and they were fantastic. Once before the release of With Teeth, and once afterwards. A couple of things though, for a tour supporting the new album, there wasn't much new material (the two shows I attended, the setlists were very similar).
    Also, no encores. That dissappointed me.

But yes, they rock!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Saw NIN twice last year and they were fantastic. Once before the release of With Teeth, and once afterwards. A couple of things though, for a tour supporting the new album, there wasn't much new material (the two shows I attended, the setlists were very similar).
    Also, no encores. That dissappointed me.

But yes, they rock!
    the reason the setlist wasn't changing as much from what I know was because they were having trouble with the drummer. They kept having to replace him. So the setlist was pretty much the same until they established themselves with a drummer. Now with have Mr. Cortini and it seems as though he's staying...so now the setlist is changing. :)
  • Options
    I actually really like the setlist ... the show has great pace.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Penny453 wrote:
    the reason the setlist wasn't changing as much from what I know was because they were having trouble with the drummer. They kept having to replace him. So the setlist was pretty much the same until they established themselves with a drummer. Now with have Mr. Cortini and it seems as though he's staying...so now the setlist is changing. :)

Cool, it's good to know these things. I really liked the setlist too, but they have so many songs, i'd hoped to hear a few more.

But I was pleasantly surprised to hear Burn on both occasions, Something I Can Never Have, and The Big Come Down.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07