Options

Rockstar ALICE IN CHAINS

Comments

• Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Weren't AIC a manufactured band? I think they are awesome, but I wouldn't rule out the lure of a big pay day. Although, I thought that they were touring this summer and Jerry was going to sing.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    It'd be cool with Van Halen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Rock Star: Nirvana
    hahahahahaahahahahahahaah I can see it now: Dave breaking up the Foo Fighters and climbing back behind the kit for Nirvana v2.0: Cobain Karaoke.

Who needs integrity and creative success when you can be on prime-time tv!!!?

If Pearl Jam were ever on there by some horrible freak lab experiment gone wrong, I'd bet my first child that Scott Stapp would be ALL over that shit.
  • Options
    ok you scared the shit out of me! I would be SOOO Pissed if they did that!!! Layne was AIC PERIOD! There is no replacing him.

I couldn't have said it better myself. As soon as I saw the title I got worried. I think that show is a disgrace. Using a crap tv show to replace a guy who died (Michael form INXS) was an absolute disgrace. I would hope Jerry, Mike and Sean wouldn't stoop to that level.
  • Options
    It'd be cool with Van Halen.
    you're crazzzzy
  • Options
    you're crazzzzy
    i gotta say......i'm lovin' the love that you all have for the late great Layne.
    but rockstar 2 WILL happen and AIC was on the list. Would you support the remaining members if they go this route or not?
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    i gotta say......i'm lovin' the love that you all have for the late great Layne.
    but rockstar 2 WILL happen and AIC was on the list. Would you support the remaining members if they go this route or not?

I wont support their greediness if that happens.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    I was listening to the radio the other day and they are doing a Rockstar 2. The bands they said they were considering were Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains. No joke...

Last I heard, the STP guys were recording with the guy from Filter...
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    mark arm wrote:
    I wont support their greediness if that happens.

i suppose you're right. it is all about money in the end. it makes the world go round.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Last I heard, the STP guys were recording with the guy from Filter...

They are. Dean and Rob Deleo are recording with Richard Patrick of Filter. Their new band is called Army of Anyone. Their album is reportedly due out later this year (hopefully Juneish)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Although I agree that Alice in Chains on Rockstar would lower their "rock stock" and make them significantly less credible, I have no problem with the idea of Alice in Chains carrying on without the television show. I would like to see the remaining members do something. They don't need to call themselves alice in chains, they can if they want, but really don't need to. In all fairness to Jerry, Alice in Chains was NOT Layne. He was an integral part and a tremendous loss, particularly to vocal harmonies, but Jerry, not Layne, wrote the overwhelming majority of the music AND lyrics.
    10/01/96, 08/22/98, 08/28/98, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 08/27/00, 09/01/00, 12/08/02, 04/18/03, 04/28/03, 04/29/03, 05/02/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 10/03/05, 05/12/06, 05/30/06

Remove yourself from comfort, all progress involves risk.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    mookie9999 wrote:
    shit belongs with shit.
    network tv=shit
    INXS=shit (or to the fans, a shitty move on the surviving members)
    AIC=Anything but shit!

but shit we enjoy..... Sunday nights on Fox are great.... along with Tuesday and Wednesday (yes, I am a fag who watches American Idol :D)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Layne is dead.....that was the end of AIC. Period.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Van Halen was mentioned, management denied. AIC could continue with Jerry singing, he's good. (Not the same though). STP won't happen because of Army of Anyone. My nomination.........hmmm..............SOUNDGARDEN!! ..........NAH....hmmm............Blondie? nah........ I GOT IT!..........How about a Rockstar show where a guitar player auditions. That would be the cats pajamas <---Dying to use that phrase.
    MTV ruined music!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,192
    Mikewails wrote:
    Van Halen was mentioned, management denied. AIC could continue with Jerry singing, he's good. (Not the same though). STP won't happen because of Army of Anyone. My nomination.........hmmm..............SOUNDGARDEN!! ..........NAH....hmmm............Blondie? nah........ I GOT IT!..........How about a Rockstar show where a guitar player auditions. That would be the cats pajamas <---Dying to use that phrase.

VH's management no longer denying...
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    pjl44 wrote:
    VH's management no longer denying...

They've got a guy doing crappy morning radio in NY that could fill the spot nicely!
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    yosi wrote:
    They are. Dean and Rob Deleo are recording with Richard Patrick of Filter. Their new band is called Army of Anyone. Their album is reportedly due out later this year (hopefully Juneish)
    why hopefully? it will probably be as bad as when they were TALK SHOW the first time weiland left, maybe worse cause that guy from filter sucks. that would be an appropriate name for the band though. . . from the sound of this thread, am i the only one who kinda likes that new inxs song?? it could be just a passing faze
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    now i'm sure that you've all heard of rockstar INXS but how about a season 2 with the remaining members of ALICE IN CHAINS?
    any thoughts?
    it's the first band that kicked into my head......
    what other kick ass bands would work? having INXS on that shit was stupid!

Yup if AIC did that then there goes all my love for that band down the shiter
    ††P®Gô'§ Ðøp€†† ¤¥Speaking As A Child Of The Nineties¤¥™
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    AIC is too depressing for network television.

It will never happen so relax.
  • Options
    yermhoyermho Posts: 27
    This is a joke ????

Layne never be replaced !!!.

AIC kick ass forever...

f&#"$/ crazy!

here come the Roosteeeeeeer
    .drop the hate
  • Options
    I think Van Halen is the likely choice. They are pretty much a novelty act anymore anyway so...why not? Don't get me wrong Van Halen fans...They have some great music but, let's face it...they've not exactly lit the world on fire the past 10 years. The Dave/Sammy tour was cool but, that was just cashing in on past success. They need to move on and maybe this will help them.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    hsewif wrote:
    AIC is too depressing for network television.

It will never happen so relax.

well said...aic were one of the grittiest bands ever..can you imagine that generic crowd of teenie boppers and milfs on Rockstar doing their fake moshing to songs from Dirt?? Like the network wants songs about heroine addiction as part of their primetime lineup. Seriously, if it ever happens, I will start a new band even more depressing than AIC because I'll know the world has just turned upside down. I'm confident it won't happen, we can all relax and keep listening to AIC for a long time.
  • Options
    After the run away suck-cesses of Rockstar:Nirvana, Rockstar:The Jimi Hendrix Experience, VH1 is PROUD to present:

ROCKSTAR:THE BEATLES!!!!

...where 2 lucky winners will join Paul and Ringo on stage, filling the roles of John Lennon and George Harrison.
    1998 - 11/3 (SYD2)
    2003 - 11/2 (SYD1), 13/2 (SYD2), 14/2 (SYD3), 8/7 (MSG1), 9/7 (MSG2), 11/7 (BOS3)
    2006 - 7/11 (SYD1), 8/11 (SYD2), 10/11 (BRIS1), 18/11 (SYD3)
    2009 - 20/11 (MEL), 22/11 (SYD)
    2011 - 18/3 (EVSYD1), 19/3 (EVSYD2), 24/3 (EVMEL1), 25/3 (EVMEL2)
    2014 - 26/1 (BDOSYD)
  • Options
    I can't see the remaining guys being up for it........
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    i hard rockstar 2 was actually gonna be w/ van halen...it was on the radio the other day when i was in my girlfriends car...so AIC is safe for @ least 1 more season

i acutally thought of this when i saw the first one...what about AIC....then i immediately realized no1 could or ever will replace layne
  • Options
    Rockstar: Mother Love Bone .........I can really see this one working :)
    "Im like a cloud droppin rain, discarding all thought. I'll dry up, leavin puddles on the ground."
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    If Season 2 of Rock Star is VH ... maybe Season 3 will be Rock Star: Extreme?

Heh.

I don't think RS: AIC would go ... AIC are not commercially viable, they didn't have the necessary cross-over appeal back then to make the show a success now. The audience would be too limited for the network to gain from it.

STP had a little more crossover appeal and poppier songs (in a songwriting hook, not in a pre-fab starlet with a t.v.-show kinda way), but I also think their audience was too narrow. INXS & VH had the 40-something female demographic alongside the 20-something male barflies. That's the broadscale audience that producers are probably going for.
  • Options
    I was really glad when J.D. Fortune won Rockstar INXS, cause now I can go on continuing to not give a ratsass what INXS is doing.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • Options
    No fucking way they should do that with AIC, or I should say AIC shouldn't participate. That would suck.

So with that said. Anyone know what Jerry C is up to lately?

Rockon! and RIP Layne
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    I'll be so mad if its Van Halen. Just keep Sammy dammit.