Options

As much as I like Cornell...

2»

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Personally I really don't care...because Cornell is still a musical genius and right now he's getting so much shit from ppl that it's pissing me off tremendously.

Fuckin AMEN! Nicely said as well Quarterman98! I don't see what the big deal is.

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/home.htm

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/ss_06_collection.jpg

Just gooooorgeous!!!@#$%# I see nothing wrong here.

Personally, the whole model gig was only a matter of time if ya ask me. ;):D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    :eek:
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Just gooooorgeous!!!@#$%# I see nothing wrong here.

Personally, the whole model gig was only a matter of time if ya ask me. ;):D

Exactly! :D I'm still :eek:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    i'm so sick of that "he sold out maaaaaaaaaaan" hippie crap......
  • Options
    Totally unrelated, your sig reminded me of when that commercial aired & I just left the TV on NBC & waited & waited for them to replay it so I could get it on tape. LOL...Yeah, I was a loser...but I got it eventually. :cool: lol
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    Whoever said he didnt sell out?

If Cornell didnt sell out, we wouldnt know who he was and would be flicking through cd stores and not giviing any notice to Flower. "Soundgarden, who are they? thats a shit name.."
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Whoever said he didnt sell out?

If Cornell didnt sell out, we wouldnt know who he was and would be flicking through cd stores and not giviing any notice to Flower. "Soundgarden, who are they? thats a shit name.."

Whetever. So what if he did?
    The music still speaks for itself...
    He's not Eddie, like I said before.

Sometimes I think ppl on this board should be a little less judgemental and a little less *Eddie-like* (lol) about certain things...
    I'm not a big fan of it either (selling out), but people change and they make decisions based on their own needs...

And I happen to like Soundgarden as a band name. It's pretty cool :p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Yeah! Chris should "keep it real" and be broke and nowhere like all of us :D

Please...the ride in corporate rock is short and sweet today. Cash in while you can, because if you don't make your loot while you're hot, you'll be flipping burgers again in 5 years.

that's the reality for more musicians that you'd care to know. A quick shot to the top, and a slow, painful descent back to obscurity and the fabulous poverty that comes with it.

These guys (Cornell, AS, PJ) aren't the rule, they're the exception. They've had a career that spans the life of 3 "regular" acts that "make it" If someone wanted to give me a lot of money to wear great clothes, I'd do it and be happy to do it, as long as no one was getting hurt by it.
  • Options
    Echh, I'm just glad they didn't show the photos. Chris is a bit too simian for my taste. :D

And not for nuthin', but his wailing doesn't compare to Ed's crooning. Never did, never will. :p
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I just think that Chris really centers all the attention around himself,

Have you seen them live?

oh yes i have seen them live.

where the fuck do you people live?
    HE IS THE SINGER.. of course he's going to be the centre of attention.
    though he isn't my main reason for listening to Audioslave.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Cornell's deal included a "financial element"<----Yeah I'm sure it did...Maybe he'll go all the way and get the cover of GQ...If I needed another reason not to like this guy anymore I have it.What a jerkoff.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Cornell's deal included a "financial element"<----Yeah I'm sure it did...Maybe he'll go all the way and get the cover of GQ...If I needed another reason not to like this guy anymore I have it.What a jerkoff.
    nice signature man... maybe chris will have his own line of designer ties someday too :D ... in the mean time, the mans making money the only way he knows how... with his amazing fuckin voice and his charming good looks... you wouldnt be so upset if you could do the same...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    sgossard3 wrote:
    nice signature man... maybe chris will have his own line of designer ties someday too :D ... in the mean time, the mans making money the only way he knows how... with his amazing fuckin voice and his charming good looks... you wouldnt be so upset if you could do the same...
    The difference between Jerry Garcias line of ties and Chris Cornells clothes is Jerry was an acclaimed artist and everything with his signature was his own work.Cornell is merely getting paid to wear someone elses crap.Models are supposed to model and rockers are supposed to rock.Cornell shouldn't be doing either.Lets examine the term sell out a little more closely.Sell out could be defined as someone who compromises their integrity for monetary gain.Is that what Cornell has done?....absolutely.Come on this guy has played with Ed and was in a friggin band with Matt Cameron,a great band at that.I guess since his pipes are breaking down he can use his pretty boy image to make a buck strutting down runways and doing fashion ads.The whole thing is very tacky and I have absolutely no respect for that.Especially considering how much of a pioneer Cornell was....So whats next?One day you'll be walking into Target and as you stroll through the kitchen department you'll find a full size cardboard cutout of Cornell endorsing somebody's utensils.The ad will be something like "The Spoonman wouldnt use any other spoon"...Enough is enough with this guy,at least have some dignity....Oh and I forgot to add that most of the money Jerry made off his art went to charity.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    since when does doing what one wants to do become selling out??

good point. i was thinking the same thing.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ... he still can sing like crazy...

Ummm..
    Psssst..
    here's a secret!

Chris Cornell can't sing well live!...

Agreed.. He's the king of any studio recording, SG and Audioslave CD's are great!
    but in a concert settting, its like fingernails on a chalkboard...

Yes, I've seen him in concert ...

The end point for me was when I decided I preferred Sleeter Kinney's singer's version of Hungerstrike to Cornell's "furball and razors stuck in his throat" performance of the same in 2003..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    Chris Cornell is awesome I like almost everything hes done since Soundgarden. I dont consider Cornell much of a sell out compared to metallica. he might model and stuff but at least hes still putting out good music.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I love Cornell. He had a profound influence on me in my formative years...but he's stinking it up in Audioslave.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    if i was in a band and got thrown a cool sum to let them take a few pictures of me, you can bet your ass id be selling out in a second.

that said, cornell sucks and i dont give a shit what he's hawking.

and with one more note before i go... as bill hicks said, the second you do a commercial that's it you are forever off the artistic role call and everything you say is suspect.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    The difference between Jerry Garcias line of ties and Chris Cornells clothes is Jerry was an acclaimed artist and everything with his signature was his own work.Cornell is merely getting paid to wear someone elses crap.Models are supposed to model and rockers are supposed to rock.Cornell shouldn't be doing either.Lets examine the term sell out a little more closely.Sell out could be defined as someone who compromises their integrity for monetary gain.Is that what Cornell has done?....absolutely.Come on this guy has played with Ed and was in a friggin band with Matt Cameron,a great band at that.I guess since his pipes are breaking down he can use his pretty boy image to make a buck strutting down runways and doing fashion ads.The whole thing is very tacky and I have absolutely no respect for that.Especially considering how much of a pioneer Cornell was....So whats next?One day you'll be walking into Target and as you stroll through the kitchen department you'll find a full size cardboard cutout of Cornell endorsing somebody's utensils.The ad will be something like "The Spoonman wouldnt use any other spoon"...Enough is enough with this guy,at least have some dignity....Oh and I forgot to add that most of the money Jerry made off his art went to charity.
    hey bro... i collect jerrys ties... got like 30 of em... and as an art major i can definitely appreciate his work... just fuelin the fire... i just really dont see what the big to do is about this...

• Options
    locked wrote:
    Ummm..
    Psssst..
    here's a secret!

Chris Cornell can't sing well live!...

Agreed.. He's the king of any studio recording, SG and Audioslave CD's are great!
    but in a concert settting, its like fingernails on a chalkboard...

Yes, I've seen him in concert ...

The end point for me was when I decided I preferred Sleeter Kinney's singer's version of Hungerstrike to Cornell's "furball and razors stuck in his throat" performance of the same in 2003..
    ummmm... yah... me... front row... audioslave... aragon ballroom... most pleasant chalkboard scratching ive ever heard... how dare you compare him to corin tucker.... at least we can see eye to eye on studio chris...

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Corin Tucker's great. Wish I could say the same for Cornell.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");