Options

Dani California

afaridafarid Posts: 177
edited April 2006 in Other Music
It sucks. Honestly when it came out I liked it but after listening to it 3 or 4 times I started hating it. Besides the solo the whole song is boring, from the ryhtm to the lyrics. I very dissappointed. They are capabale of doing better things.
WWS on the other hand is awesome becuase not only it is different sounding but it is also melodic. Pearl Jam are not afraid of changing thier sounds and trying different things.
Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
Montreal 03, 05
Kitchener 03
Ottawa 05
New Jersey 06
Chicago 07
Washington DC 08
NYC 08
EDDIE 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I agree with you. I probably shouldnt pass judgement yet cuz ive only heard it twice, but it almost seems like an outtake from By The Way. Maybe not that bad, but it really didnt do anything for me at all.
    Her?
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I think it all depends if you liked Californication and By The Way...

Personally I think they are BY FAR the Chillis best albums just for pure songwriting genius and melodies.

But people wanting another BSSM should just give up and pretend its 1991 still. These guys are all about 40 now, so they have chilled abit.

Difference I think for the better.

I much prefer the pure pop beauty of a song like 'Dosed' to the cock rock of 'Party on your Pussy'.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I think it all depends if you liked Californication and By The Way...

Personally I think they are BY FAR the Chillis best albums just for pure songwriting genius and melodies.

But people wanting another BSSM should just give up and pretend its 1991 still. These guys are all about 40 now, so they have chilled abit.

Difference I think for the better.

I much prefer the pure pop beauty of a song like 'Dosed' to the cock rock of 'Party on your Pussy'.
    I do like Californication and By the Way more than anything else they've done (i still love BSSM though), but I dont think that Dani California has distinguished itself from or is as good as their stuff from those albums.
    Her?
  • Options
    I love it. Great rhythm and catchy song.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    lumpyfred wrote:
    I do like Californication and By the Way more than anything else they've done (i still love BSSM though), but I dont think that Dani California has distinguished itself from or is as good as their stuff from those albums.

Yeah, I guess.

Maybe it'll make more sense when we hear it in context with the rest of the album.

Personally I think its a grower.

Comparing it to WWS is daft too. WWS is ace but only cuz of the chorus', the verses are tuneless.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Anyone who doubts the awesomeness of Dani California, check out the Peppers playing it live on the AOL sessions. Absolutely, killer!!

http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=560&defaultID=560&ncid=AOLMUS00050000000022
  • Options
    Sometimes complex music seems so simple. Sorta why people mouth the strokes for being simple because they have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
  • Options
    I dont think wws is tuneless in the verse part. Anyhow Dani California just seems lack luster.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Options
    Oh yeah The Strokes suck ass.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Options
    The aol session pretty good.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Options
    afarid wrote:
    Oh yeah The Strokes suck ass.
    Nice, narrow minded opinion.

The Strokes are incredible to me and many others. I'm glad someone as simple minded as you aren't into them.
  • Options
    just becuase I think The Strokes suck doesnt mean I am simple minded. And for you to say that really shows how simple minded you are. I didnt pass any judgement on you, I only expressed my opnion about a certain band. If you think they rock, than good for you but dont pass stupid judgement like that.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    danni california is a great song, what are you people talking about i love this song rock on peppers
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    John Frusciante is the SHIT!

Can't wait to see them this year.
  • Options

I do too, but neither of these songs touches ANYTHING on BSSM. "Party on your pussy" is goin waaaaay back, long before John, and long before they learned how to write songs. Chili's are trying too hard to stay a huge band, so much so that they're sacrificing creativity. In my opinion they still have it in them to write better songs than Dani California, but they're too scared not to sell albums to do so.
  • Options
    this song is horrible
    um, no.
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    I agree i hate this song. Unfortunatly the masses will melt all over it.
    I agree with Scratched Vinyl's comments
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I just heard the song last night. Musically it is a rip off of Tom Petty's song "Mary Jane's last dance" Listen to the tom petty song and you will see what I mean. The Peppers have some great tunes, but this song does not really do anything for me.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    i dunno whats up this new song, danni california is a great song and the strokes, well lets just say they suck
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm already tired of it.
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    this song is horrible
    is it stupid??the song is phenomenal....this board makes me sick sometimes.nothing is good enough for you pricks.
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    red mos wrote:
    I just heard the song last night. Musically it is a rip off of Tom Petty's song "Mary Jane's last dance" Listen to the tom petty song and you will see what I mean. The Peppers have some great tunes, but this song does not really do anything for me.
    are you on fucking crack you asshole?!?
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    bluemonkey wrote:
    are you on fucking crack you asshole?!?

No. But the music does sound like the tom petty song. I don't like this RHCP song. They have done better songs than this. Did you listen to the Tom Petty song?, or did you just see this thread as negative and decide to call me an asshole. It was MY OPINION. I like the old stuff of RHCP alot though: true men don't kill cyotes, backwoods, fight like a brave, if you see me getting high, soul to squeeze, breaking the girl under the bridge are all great. Like I said they can do better than this.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12