Options

Scott Weiland 12 Bar Blues appreciation thread

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited March 2006 in Other Music
A totally underrated album imo. I can't compare it to STP stuff because I think it is a totally more diverse animal but I love every track. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i really love about nothing and the date
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    I totally agree, grea album along with Cornells solo album.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    clayton12 wrote:

euphoria morning is among cornell's greatest works. and i love temple, sg & audioslave. so that's saying a lot.
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    12 Bar Blues is the shit! I try to play it at every party I have. It is so diverse and unique as every song is so different! I love it!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I haven't heard the whole thing, but what I heard I really like. Although, it took me a while to get into it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i haven´t listen to it for long ...may i should ...couse i jused to love it...
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    clayton12 wrote:

Here.here!!
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Love " 12 Bar Blues " . Bought it first when it came out.

Hopefully Scott will put out another solo album some day
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    As long as he does the "weiland jig", I couldn't care less what he sings. He still has a great voice and the "moves" are the icing on the cake. :D
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,744
    vmfury wrote:
    As long as he does the "weiland jig", I couldn't care less what he sings. He still has a great voice and the "moves" are the icing on the cake. :D

HAHAHAHAHA...AS SOME OF US KNOW. now i KNOW how you got your moves...and you just can't keep your eyes off of him in that video...during that ONE part. :D
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    great fucking album by a great fucking singer
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    In another side note, remember his brief offshoot, Those Magnificent Bastards?
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    In another side note, remember his brief offshoot, Those Magnificent Bastards?

i thought it was the Magnificent Bastards? Oh well... that should have been a whole album instead of one soundtrack song.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    chris05 wrote:

Hopefully Scott will put out another solo album some day

I heard he's working on a new one now...

Anyways, I'm a huge Weiland fan. But I don't really like 12 Bar Blues. There's a few tunes I really like, but its really to weird for my liking.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    It's a good disc, but fuck "The Date" makes me wanna kill myself so I don't have to hear it one second more
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I am a long time STP fan but never heard the album. I bought it yesterday because of the reccomendations I found on this thread. I loved it, many thanx fellow jammers!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    hoonbeamhoonbeam Posts: 24
    I actually went to a store that has midnight releases to get it. I think I was the only one there to get 12 Bar Blues. The cover is similar to a John Coltrane album cover, which I thought was cool. "Where's the Man" is one of my favorite tracks... The whole album is great 'though.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I really enjoyed Scott's solo album. I can't really get into Velvet Revolver, though their music doesn't offend my eardrums :)

I think that Scott should have stayed solo...like Chris Cornell should have stayed solo. They are far more interesting when not confined to the same tired formula.
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    PJammin' wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHA...AS SOME OF US KNOW. now i KNOW how you got your moves...and you just can't keep your eyes off of him in that video...during that ONE part. :D

hahahaha!!!! 'Tis true, JF. Let's be factual, however, that it was YOU who demonstrated the "moves" right before my eyes and I'll be honest when I say......YOU pull it off better than he does. :) Hmmmmm.......
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen