Options

Who's seen Bad Religion Live?

Señor BoSeñor Bo Posts: 68
edited January 2006 in Other Music
One of my favorite bands of all time and I'll finally get a chance to see them live january 13th here in Mexico City, they're playing a "small" venue, holds about 2,500 people. I'm really excited, can anyone here give me a clue as to what to expect from them live?

Thanks.
I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    expect a really tight set with hardly any talking between songs. i've seen them four times and greg doesn't really say too much. maybe a joke here or an observation there. they usually play for about an hour and a half, 30 songs or so. the setlist doesn't seem to change too much from night to night.
    have an awesome time!! :)
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    Well, Marge is right about the tightness of their set, but I've seen some great banter and standup routines from both Greg and Jay. I've seen the Bad Religion Easter Pageant in which had Greg dressing up as Jesus and Jay as the Easter Bunny. They both killed eachother a few times and rose from teh dead and then it was over. And I swear to god I was really close to being called up to play bass cause Jay said he was tired and wanted to sit a song out. I can't really think of a time I've seen 'em when they haven't had a few minutes of talking to the crowd. Of course, I've only seen them outside of Southern California once, that might have something to do with it. They can actually be very loose and a lot of fun.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    jesus and the easter bunny? :D haha i wish i could have seen that! :)
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    It was my first time seeing them too, Easter 2002. I wish I had pictures of Jesus Greg.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Señor Bo wrote:
    One of my favorite bands of all time and I'll finally get a chance to see them live january 13th here in Mexico City, they're playing a "small" venue, holds about 2,500 people. I'm really excited, can anyone here give me a clue as to what to expect from them live?

Thanks.

We'll be there, Señor!!!

I'm sure it's gonna rock us away!!!

What a good way to start the year, right?
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoach wrote:
    We'll be there, Señor!!!

I'm sure it's gonna rock us away!!!

What a good way to start the year, right?

Damn straight!! I'm so grateful that I will get to see 3 of my all-time favorite bands, Social D, Pearl Jam and BR in less than a year!
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    I have seen Bad Religion live, but I can't remember when! They opened for someone (not PJ) but I can't remember who...now it's driving me crazy that I can't think of who it was..haha! But I do really like Bad Religion...they're CDs are great!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    vedderwood wrote:
    They opened for someone (not PJ) but I can't remember who...
    Blink 182? :D

Have a blast at the show. Just use the restroom before it starts otherwise you'll miss 3 songs.
  • Options
    transplant wrote:
    Blink 182? :D

Have a blast at the show. Just use the restroom before it starts otherwise you'll miss 3 songs.

Hmmm, maybe!!!!! But I don't know! I saw Blink 182 a long time ago...like probably around 1999...would Bad Religion have been with Blink then? If so, you get a gold star for the day for figuring that out for me...haha
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    vedderwood wrote:
    Hmmm, maybe!!!!! But I don't know! I saw Blink 182 a long time ago...like probably around 1999...would Bad Religion have been with Blink then? If so, you get a gold star for the day for figuring that out for me...haha
    It very well could have been around that time (though I would guess more 2000/2001). Gold star......sweet.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i havent seen them

sorry
  • Options
    BR did open for Blink around late '99, early '00.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    saw them once in Toronto, was an awesome show, around 1999 I think, love the band, wish more kids who are into crappy corporate punk on "alternative" radio would be forced to listen to them, then they would flush those Good Charlotte (sp? who cares, they suck still even if it is spelled wrong) CD's down the toilet
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    "Good Charlotte?? More like a mediocre Green Day..."

- Chris Rock
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    I have seen them live 5 times, met Greg Graffin once, they are one of my absolute favorite bands and have never let me down with their live show.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,642
    I saw Bad Religion open for Pearl Jam at Red Rocks Amphitheater in June of '95. I can't really remember much about their performance except that the lead singer was up on his tippy toes alot when he sang.
  • Options
    I saw them in 96,when I lived in Seattle.They played the Rckndy (R.I.P.).It was a kick ass sweet show.......
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    Señor Bo wrote:

Thanks.

wow...bad religion are my fav punk band...i like them so much...but the chances to see them for me are very small...due to the fact i live in freakin Romania...but who knows...i can only hope
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    BR did open for Blink around late '99, early '00.

Hahahaha...then I guess both transplant and me had the year somewhat correct!!! You still get the gold star though transplant for figuring out that it was Blink 182! :D
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    I saw Bad Religion open for Pearl Jam at Red Rocks Amphitheater in June of '95. I can't really remember much about their performance except that the lead singer was up on his tippy toes alot when he sang.

That must have been AMAZING!!!!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    Today's the day, in less than seven hours I will be seeing one of my favorite bands of all time live for the first time. I'm so excited, I don't think I've been so psyched about a show since July '03 when I first saw Pearl Jam in Mexico City, just wanted to share my joy with everyone here, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Señor Bo wrote:
    Today's the day, in less than seven hours I will be seeing one of my favorite bands of all time live for the first time. I'm so excited, I don't think I've been so psyched about a show since July '03 when I first saw Pearl Jam in Mexico City, just wanted to share my joy with everyone here, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

yeah, man, cheers to that!!!
    Tonight we're gonna rock hard!!!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    Come by and say hi man! Just look for the tall, fat, dyed blonde with roots guy in the Social D. T-shirt, that'd be me.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i saw bad religion when they opened up for blink-182 back in 2000
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    i saw bad religion when they opened up for blink-182 back in 2000

Ditto. Except we came late to the show so I only saw the last two or three songs of their set. Have a good time tonight, Senor Bo.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    and i also saw them on the warped tour. a little high i went to warped tour that year.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Señor Bo wrote:
    Come by and say hi man! Just look for the tall, fat, dyed blonde with roots guy in the Social D. T-shirt, that'd be me.

have fun tonight! give us a review when you gt a chance.
    i am a purple rhino dressed in a green prom dress
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Well, Marge is right about the tightness of their set, but I've seen some great banter and standup routines from both Greg and Jay. I've seen the Bad Religion Easter Pageant in which had Greg dressing up as Jesus and Jay as the Easter Bunny. They both killed eachother a few times and rose from teh dead and then it was over. And I swear to god I was really close to being called up to play bass cause Jay said he was tired and wanted to sit a song out. I can't really think of a time I've seen 'em when they haven't had a few minutes of talking to the crowd. Of course, I've only seen them outside of Southern California once, that might have something to do with it. They can actually be very loose and a lot of fun.

I was there. :-) It was at Grove in Anahiem right? That day was really random and cool and memorable for me. fun times fun times.
    i am a purple rhino dressed in a green prom dress
  • Options
    roelBEroelBE Posts: 23
    I saw Bad Religion on Pukkelpop 2005
    For me it was the best show I saw there in those 3 days
    I hope you have fun just as I did when I saw them
  • Options
    expect a really tight set with hardly any talking between songs. i've seen them four times and greg doesn't really say too much. maybe a joke here or an observation there. they usually play for about an hour and a half, 30 songs or so. the setlist doesn't seem to change too much from night to night.
    have an awesome time!! :)

He talked quite a lot yesterday...even in spanish...well, he was also quite drunk.

Great show...thanks barcoach!!
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-