Options

RHCP double album comin soon

pazmanpazman Posts: 197
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Just heard on Triple J that the new Chilis album is having 38 songs and is to be released in May or something.
38 songs that is crazy!
I had it all once I gave it back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    wow thanks a lot man, coool 38 songs , that is alot

i hope its quliaty not quantity :D
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    original reports were 25, 38 seems a bit much, i'd wager somewhere in between 30 - 32 just my guess
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    awesome!!!!!
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    that was was a great news!!!thanx...
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    thats probably 19 tracks per disc, thats long even for a double album

nice
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    ...and there will probably only a handful of good or decent songs on the cd. Only certain bands can make double cds. RHCP is not one of them.
  • Options
    ...and there will probably only a handful of good or decent songs on the cd. Only certain bands can make double cds. RHCP is not one of them.

We'll see...
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    May?!? Last I heard it was early april/late march. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    VON wrote:
    May?!? Last I heard it was early april/late march. The sooner the better.
    i heard Stadium Acardium will be out in April too..the 11th in US to be exact.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options

yes because they have tried so many times before haven't they? and they failed with every one, only chilis double album i've heard is live in hyde park and that works pretty well for me.
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic is 17 tracks and over 72 mins long, its also one of the best albums(imo and) of the last 30 years, the chilis are more than capable of making long albums.
    i'd suggest you save your judgement until you have heard a chilis double album before saying they cant do it.
    in short go back to the nickleback thread.
  • Options
    herad the radio say that the second disc is with lots of guests musicians
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    interesting how the peppers and pearl jam have fallen into a similar situation of limited and not very informative updates and little to no site updates. its driving me mad
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    interesting how the peppers and pearl jam have fallen into a similar situation of limited and not very informative updates and little to no site updates. its driving me mad

is that intresting or irritating:)
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    They have a confirmed release date set for May 8th. Originally the band planned on releasing a trilogy of a total of 38 songs released 6 months apart. But they decided they really wanted the songs heard right away so they decided on a double album consisting of 24 songs. Interesting that their album details are all available and the album is coming out in May, where as the PJ record is supposedly due out April 11th and we have no info at all.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Yes yes, not to burst people's bubbles but the Album "WAS" going to have 38 songs when it was going to be a triple album, but know that it's going to be a double it will have 24 songs, that is still really good :)
  • Options
    Speaking of guest musicans, watch Pearl Jam be playing with them on almost every single song on the 2nd disc. HA!! I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!! So that's what's been taking Vedder and the gang to release their album!!! They're in cahoots with the Chilli Peppers!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Speaking of guest musicans, watch Pearl Jam be playing with them on almost every single song on the 2nd disc. HA!! I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!! So that's what's been taking Vedder and the gang to release their album!!! They're in cahoots with the Chilli Peppers!!!!

haha. the second disc is a RHCP, PJ collaboration album. that is the big secret. i like it
  • Options
    Dude, if that really was the big secret, I'd be floored in so many ways!! First of all, they kept the secret so well hidden!!! Well, except from my genius mind of course :D!!! Secondly, these are 2 of the greatest bands out there right now and hearing the two bands collaberate would just kick ass!!!! That my friend would be the sexiest thing since sliced bread!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    darn we gotta wait for May 9th..
    i heard some of the new tracks(live versions)...they sound like stuff from By the Way.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    darn we gotta wait for May 9th..
    i heard some of the new tracks(live versions)...they sound like stuff from By the Way.

YOU HAVE?? HOW COMES I HAVEN'T HEARD EM THEN..AS IN YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A LISTEN LOL :) opps shouting :|
  • Options
    YOU HAVE?? HOW COMES I HAVEN'T HEARD EM THEN..AS IN YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A LISTEN LOL :) opps shouting :|
    dinnoe u liked rhcp hah...deleted them already..songs bored me.

YNWA
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    dinnoe u liked rhcp hah...deleted them already..songs bored me.

just like By The Way then :) bored me, i like old Chilli's