Options

So Im seeing The Black Crowes On Friday...

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Ive always really liked their music ive just never had a chance to go to a show, and im goin to the one in myrtle beach on friday so im really stoked...

Just curious, has anyone here been to a bc show? if so, whats the "vibe" like at a normal show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    ive never been to a show but the black crows are really good
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    They are one of the best live bands going as far as musicianship goes. Chris Robinson does the front man thing as good as anybody, but the band is where it's at for me.. No silly thetrical bullshit, just guys who can play 90% of people today under the table...doing what they do best.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    woaw , iam seeing black crowes in london, 18th march!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    have fun...never seen them but have every album....they should rock live...have a good time!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    thanks for all the feedback! Gettin me even more excited :D
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Ahhh . . . you lucky sons'a bitches!
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    They ROCK!!! It will be a great show, I have seen them many times. Great show, you won't be dissapointed.
  • Options
    i got

southern harmony
    moneymaker
    greatest hits

i love them all, any song you can just pick up and jam to , its cool
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    Ive always really liked their music ive just never had a chance to go to a show, and im goin to the one in myrtle beach on friday so im really stoked...

Just curious, has anyone here been to a bc show? if so, whats the "vibe" like at a normal show?

Awesome, I am jealous, again...Please let us know if there is an skinny old looking keyboard player with them named Ed. He is missed.
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509

I've seen the Crowes ten times, they are great live. They have been doing 2 sets on their recent shows, about 2.5 hours, expect alot of songs that you haven't heard, they do alot of covers and lesser known tunes. They also tend to jam out a couple tunes, especially My Morning Song and Thorn In My Pride to about 15 minutes. You can check out their setlists at crowesbase.com
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ive seen them twice. Both times were in a small venu and they were incredible. One of my favorite bands. Wish they would put together a new album.
    Brian
  • Options
    shit didn't realise it was your thread mandi!
  • Options
    the crowes rock!
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    saw them with petty last year.. excellent!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    saw them with petty last year.. excellent!!

DAMN that woulda been a kick ass show to see
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    I saw them in Toronto last May....they're one of my favs other than PJ.

Probably the best "Rock & Roll" group around these days.....IMO.

They just rock...simple as that. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    holtz wrote:
    I've seen the Crowes ten times, they are great live. They have been doing 2 sets on their recent shows, about 2.5 hours, expect alot of songs that you haven't heard, they do alot of covers and lesser known tunes. They also tend to jam out a couple tunes, especially My Morning Song and Thorn In My Pride to about 15 minutes. You can check out their setlists at crowesbase.com

when i saw them id have SWORN thorn in my pride lasted about 20 minutes. it was fucking INCREDIBLE!!!

seriously, they are the top live show out there. them and ben harper are one (very small) step behind pearl jam when it comes to live show energy.

also, if you're into that sort of thing... i recommend rolling a doobie or two to spark when they hit the stage and then just letting yourself go. such a stellar concert.
  • Options
    eedheadeedhead Posts: 68
    Me too
    And on the 19, 20, 22, 23, 24 aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I BrisK I wrote:
    woaw , iam seeing black crowes in london, 18th march!
    " I demand to have more booze "
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    when i saw them id have SWORN thorn in my pride lasted about 20 minutes. it was fucking INCREDIBLE!!!

Yeah I saw them in Mpls in October and the Thorn was probably about the same length. I really wish Chris and Rich's acoustic tour was coming around here, looks like it will be great.
  • Options

seriously, they are the top live show out there. them and ben harper are one (very small) step behind pearl jam when it comes to live show energy.

also, if you're into that sort of thing... i recommend rolling a doobie or two to spark when they hit the stage and then just letting yourself go. such a stellar concert.

wow, very cool... and yeah, haha they are deff a "pot" band.... so im sure it will enhance the expirence :D

ill deff be lighting up that day, being friday and everything! :D

and Brisk: yeah , i didnt even notice that you posted :D
  • Options
    btw, the crowes still got it, was a kickass show :)